The swag of my Soundclick layout is up there with Vybe Beatz and them(but not SSO/JJ)

http://www.soundclick.com/baysicklybeatz
There it is, what do you guys think of it?
I think the exploding hand looks pretty sick lol.

Your page is real nice man, especially for $20.

You figure, it takes 2 hours to do, thats $10 an hour.
No chance that took 2 hours. Have you ever done web design?
''Say he does 5 a day, thats $100 a day.''
Are you seriously suggesting he can churn out 5 a day? Think about it.
''$700 a week, $1400 a month, etc.''
Umm, There are four weeks in a month last time I checked.

You are also assuming he manages to get enough business to work 70 hours a week?

He is not selling coke from a vending machine. Each design should take hours of planning, design, implementation, testing etc etc. Its alot of work for $20, thats all!

I could do 5 a day, you don't need to take alot time planning if you're creative/skilled/productive enough. I haven't had an unhappy customer, and I will do the page same day, usually within 2 hours actually. And seriously, I've seen pages of that calibre done in a short amount of time, it's all basically the same template on Soundclick, everyones page is just a spin-off of someone elses. Even the same text info. You just need a background, nice sides, the banner, then info slides. However, you're definitely right for $20...that is crazy cheap! The testing afterwards to make sure everything fits the guidelines adds extra time too though, you're correct there aswell.

Does anyone else think JJ/SSO's pages are a bit over the top? Like no doubt they look great, but they're slow-loading, and don't display properly on all browsers. I mean, is that truly worth $400-600?

Not worth that much...that is ridiculous pricing...even for the animation...but it shows if they're willing to spend that much on a pro look, they'll be perceived as such. And yeah, slow-loading on other computers is a problem, best to be seen on all computers than just the select few browsers that can handle it.

I have yet to be wowed by anyone on soundclick.

I like the different ones...they all look clean but they all look the same...mine looks different from them all to a degree...more simple and stylish...it's my first VIP layout though, I'll be looking to update it early 2010. What pages wow you? Like, what do you think a page should have to be impressive? Just wondering, as someone learning more about the GFX side of things daily.

Does anyone else think JJ/SSO's pages are a bit over the top? Like no doubt they look great, but they're slow-loading, and don't display properly on all browsers. I mean, is that truly worth $400-600?

By the way, nice page RSE.

Highly appreciated. Coming from a chart-topper as yourself that means a lot.

Yeah I agree its over the top like I said in that other thread (I chuckled when I saw the spikes come out of the O on SSOs) but the thing is, I chuckled in a good way. I dont think its worth 600$ at all. Unless I had that money to just blow on a mDepict design.

One thing to note is it created an internet buzz. I had searched the term "Soundclick CSS something" and I was looking for an answer to a technical css question and on one of the links was a guy who was asking a similar question. He started off the question with a link saying "I want to make a page that looks like this "link" and.." Yadda yadda yadda, he went on about his question. But out of alllll the many profiles he could have used for his formatting example, guess which profile he linked to? SSO of all people. I think that signified something.

I guess what I noticed is that whether it works on their computer or not (it doesn't work the correct speed on my laptop) people are still impacted by it. Sub consciously I don't think they blame SSO for having too bulky of a flash design, they just assume its for the "pros" and that their computer should be faster lol.

I dont think it hurts them, and I dont deny it makes them seem even more up there and buzzworthy. But by all means, most of the top guys are there without flash, and even THE top guy has a relatively simple layout (noticed on Twitter JJ just lately got his) so all that matters is that its a level of professionality that gives the potential customer enough assumption of "trust" that one is "legit" just by the way it looks.

Sidenote: I might try to go on NewGrounds or something and find some kid that will make me some intense flash scene for like $40 bucks lol. (--maybe something that would impress EVEN dot robinson!)

Last edited:
I like the different ones...they all look clean but they all look the same...mine looks different from them all to a degree...more simple and stylish...it's my first VIP layout though, I'll be looking to update it early 2010. What pages wow you? Like, what do you think a page should have to be impressive? Just wondering, as someone learning more about the GFX side of things daily.

Yo. I like your design. Simple yet professional! Very effective design. Also like your tracks!

RSE,

Not my style but nice graphics

By the way, nice page RSE.

Nah...it got you and a few others, including myself, to talk about it.

Nice page, ****ty beats.

he gotta few i like, hollywood trip, needs a lil fine tuning on the hook, but i like this...

syncopated fire, i cant tell if thats a guitar or a synth, but u should add some heavy guitars on this and drop that weird percussion on it

last one im kinda feelin is club swing flow...although this and hollywood trip sound a lot alike
drums need work too, on all those beats

Thanks for commenting on my beats but all of them are wack placeholders. I have never yet made a fully realized creation, I have just been practicing up until lately when I had a realization that opened eyes so now I feel I am ready to grind out like two beats a day on my new xp64 8 gig quad core setup with komplete 6.

that's what i was thinkin'...

$20 is kinda expensive for "wack placeholders" when artists could prolly download "better" beats for free...right?

They are not actually free if you want to use them. They still have to be leased if you record over it. When they download it it has a better chance of getting listened to on an iPod and then purchased by someone who would not otherwise purchase right away. This is in addition to free dls helping one get more plays and moving up the charts.

Back