The swag of my Soundclick layout is up there with Vybe Beatz and them(but not SSO/JJ)

I personelly like it reall and professional modest colors and simple to read and understand the only thing is maybe like make it seem like your more legit like FAQs or support email stuff like that give them some comfort especially sence everyone is sceptical about buying something off of the internet .

I personelly like it reall and professional modest colors and simple to read and understand the only thing is maybe like make it seem like your more legit like FAQs or support email stuff like that give them some comfort especially sence everyone is sceptical about buying something off of the internet .

youre right... ill put in an faq. good idea

just checked out jj's soundclick page....it seemed all the background was messed up...

am i the only one who sees that?

Can't be the price for this quality of soundclick page design, which is dope. Very nice page and I like the beats :cheers:

Last edited:
Well its a nice page. It was too simliar to vybez layout though imo. I agree with whitehot about jj's and sso's pages being a little much, but hey, you never know, I hope it does them well. Good luck on sales everyone!

They are not actually free if you want to use them. They still have to be leased if you record over it.

that isn't really what happens in actuality.

what artists really do is just download the "free download" beats and use them as they see fit...which doesn't involve a "lease" at all at any point in the process.

so you are saying that people are gonna pay for a beat that they can get for free??? really?
Wow, you're absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've just exposed a huge hole in the method that's been paying my bills for 1.5 years!!! I better fold my site right now.

You've just exposed a huge hole in the method that's been paying my bills for 1.5 years!!! I better fold my site right now.

ok...obviously i need some clarification here.

i'm assuming the methodology is this:

1 - offer "free downloads" in order to attract future paying customers

2 - future customers become present buyers

3 - rinse and repeat

all i am saying is that it doesn't make sense TO ME to BOTH SELL "AND" OFFER FREE DOWNLOADS OF THE SAME BEAT.

that is where my confusion resides.

all i am saying is that it doesn't make sense TO ME to BOTH SELL "AND" OFFER FREE DOWNLOADS OF THE SAME BEAT.

well i cant speak for other producers on soundclick but the beats i have for free download are full of my tags, when they lease the beat all these tags are removed

im gonna take it to another level.

Instead of tagging my songs with **FreeDL** or ****FREE DOWNLOAD**** im gonna tag with ****GRAMMY NOMINATED****

lol just to see to see what kinda chart movement i get.

lol lol j/k

ok...obviously i need some clarification here.

i'm assuming the methodology is this:

1 - offer "free downloads" in order to attract future paying customers

2 - future customers become present buyers

3 - rinse and repeat

This is the same technique I was trying to explain to you before...

Just like I was using Non-exclusive buyers to convert into exclusive buyers, this is using the same method to turn free DLers into buyers as well.

The key is attracting as many people to your page as possible. Each person is a potential buyer.

You said to me the other day, "you are basically saying that the whole point of selling non-exclusive licenses AND PUTTING "LIMITS" on them is to basically "FORCE" the buyer to come back and buy the "exclusive" license in order to keep selling the song.

and that's the point where it's greazy."

And I answered...YES. That is how I USED to do things and it worked flawless for me. (Think I'm doing something better now.)

This is the same thing that is done with a free DL. With the free DL, everything is tagged, mp3, and you're not supposed to sell.

When you buy a license, you get the tags taken off, both in wav and mp3, all of the outs so you can actually mix and master instead of two waying your vocals onto the track, and you can sell whatever according to their agreement.

Now you might be asking, "Who would do that?" The answer is simple...

The people that do come back and buy your exclusive were the same people you were hoping to find in the first place before you started giving stuff out for "free"...serious artists that are ACTUALLY MAKING MONEY off of your "free" stuff are going to come back to you...especially if you CONTINUALLY have updated free content for them to check out.

Out of the tens of millions of hits you get on your page, you're going to find a decent group of people who are talented and take advantage of what is presented here. Some of them already have money and in which case, if they love what they have written to your material, they are going to want to buy it outright before anyone else buys it.

For those without money...

You provide them either a free beat or a non-exclusive license. They go out and perform a show, sell some cds, get a larger following locally. And they come back to get the legit beat so they can actually make a real album and not an mp3 mixtape with a bunch of tags.

In the meantime, whether they decide to sell as is or distribute for free before buying the exclusive license...you are getting free advertising with your tags.

After a while, everyone recognizes your tags to the point when people hear it, they know exactly where this person DLed the beat from. And for other artists that are hearing it, you might find even more potential buyers.

You also had some concern over the idea that there are non-exclusive versions of an exclusive beat you sold floating around.

This is yet another part of the reasoning for LIMITING how many someone can distribute when they purchase a non-exclusive license. Who cares if other people used a tagged up mp3 beat that a few hundred or even a few thousand has heard.

The person purchasing the beat will have a better version, no tags, and if they have their business model on point, they will quickly over shadow any previous version even if a fan has heard on before (but in all likely-hood, they will have never heard it before until the exclusive version.)

Exclusive buyers tend to have more of a legitimate following and business plan. They actually have thousands or tens of thousands in their area that pay attention to everything they do musically.

Non-ex buyers or free DL'ers tend to be people with free time on their hands, are trying to learn, are cheap and can't afford to do any shows or anything else that can help them really sell their product, don't really know what their doing, and or aren't even serious in the first place among other things.

But you have to get these people to your website in order to find those handful of exclusive buyers. Anyone else, you set limits on what they can do to "force" them (how you put it) to say, "Ok, I want to go ahead an purchase the full license so I can get a legit album together." They aren't going to want anything tagged, they want the best quality (wav), and they want to be able to mix it with their vocals properly with the actual stems. And since an ex license provides all of that along with having no limits on the the number they can distribute, it makes the EX license an easy buy especially if you have your prices set up right.

If you didn't get it before, I hope you get it now.

Wow, you're absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've just exposed a huge hole in the method that's been paying my bills for 1.5 years!!! I better fold my site right now.

lol exactly what I was saying to him the other day when he was trying to tell me I'm all wrong.

I couldn't be more curious in how he does business...could be legit, could work better, who knows. Do tell if you want.

Back