The sound of the hi-pitch sound in "Nothin' But A G Thang"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary_10essee

Well, I play with beats in FL Studio 6 XXL Producer all the time. Right now I am not trying much to get into the industry. It's just a hobby of mine, and I love doing it.

I don't have a keyboard, MIDI controller, or anything similar. But my question regards the song "Nothin' But A G Thang" by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. The hi-pitch "hum" (only word I can think of), like at the beginning, and in the chorus, seems to "pitch" up and down.

How could I accomplish something like that in FL? I have tried just using different notes (up-down-up-down -- ya know?), but it just doesn't work. From what I can tell, the sound in the Dre/Snoop song would be like a single, long note in the piano roll (in FL), but with the pitch going up and down.

I'm thinking that maybe all I can do is create an auto-clip or something. Would that work, too?

Sorry if it's sort of a dumb question. LoL. I just want to know, and I can't figure it out, no matter what I do.

Thanks in advance!

I would think it is different notes. That would be a toudh sound to re-create.

Thanks ...

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, too. Maybe someone else would know of a way, but if not, oh well. =) I'll just have to play with it some.

But I'm not trying to duplicate the exact same thing. But I may use the "technique" on an instrument of my own or something. =)

yea i think its a bunch of notes, not just with the pitch goin.

i think it might be sine wave, but i'm not that great with synths yet, so i might be wrong. but its definitely some type of wave. its also in the original Leon Haywood song, "i wanna do something freaky to you" which dre had replayed for that beat.

you mean "funky worm"? should be pretty easy to recreate with any analog-modelling vst, some moog-type ****.

I downloaded the MDA JX10 and they have a preset called "Gangsta Whine" (lol) that sounds like it a lot. I use it in my gangsta songs, or when I was copying the runners.

sine wave, pitch bend. Thats all there is to it. Might have to play with some parameters to get the exact sound you want, but its really that simple.

There's a vsti called THE SHEPARD... check it out and see if it does what you're asking.

Thanks everyone. I'll look into the instruments you all gave. And I have actually looked into the "pitchebend" (known as "Slide" in FL I believe), but it didn't seem to do quite what I was looking for. But, I wasn't using the right sample/instrument anyhow. I just tried a high-pitch on the "DNC_OrionString". LoL.

But thanks again!

It is a sine wave with glide on it so each of the notes blend together. There is a preset in hypersonik 2 called gangster whine whis can do it. You can tweak any sine wave to do this if you know what you are doing.

its a Triangle waveform with portmento to glide from a note to other one , i know this is a old topic , but people still look for that instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back