So let's be real for a moment here. Are you in it for the money or for the music?

lol i wanna make good money too but thats not where my focus is. I was just pointing out that I make music regardless of how much money it brings me and I dont get upset when it's not bringing in money. Im about one year in, and made somewhere around $300.

Like I said my main goal is to help others, and you need a lot of resources to do that money being on of them. When I get a decent amount of money saved, then come up quite a few thousand off booking a successful show believe me that's something I wanna do. Then I'll have more money to help other people and I essentially will have helped them through music.

As for those in it for the money and the money only, I dont see you making it too far. Thats just my opinion. If you do more power to you. But it's a shame when people put out soulless music just trying to get some money. Like I said it shows.

right now just for the craft, but if an opportunity arises why not make some extra $$?

To be completely honest, income will always be a goal in this industry. However, I can NOT put it before the fact that I want to make good music. With that being said, the money could be seen as an "unexpected reward" or a "bonus" if you like. As corny orcliché as it may sound, we're all really trying to succeed in the sense that we earn the respect that is due for our work ethic and talents. You might not even know it yet. On the other hand, if you're 100 per cent sure that money is purely your motivation, and your passion for music doesn't exist, then I think that you won't even make it half as far as the musician/artist/producer whose passion does exist. You could also look at it this way: The respect you earn may evolve into fame which will then eventually lead to money. We all want to make a living out of doing what we love.

HAHA there's no money is music, if you want money become a realtor.

The real question is: are you in it for the women or the music?

There's still money in music, you just may not be smart/saavy/skilled enough to know how to get it.

As for your question, I practice/study jazz guitar 2 hours a day--take that for what you will. If I wanted ******* just for the sake of it, i'd do this:

I've loved music since I was about 4 or 5...It's always been a part of my life and I only got serious about my beats not too long ago and even when I take breaks and don't make beats, I feel like something is wrong, It's a part of who I am, money or not. I won't stop! And obviously It's logical to want to get paid for something you love doing, It's the only thing I can imagine would have me waking up each morning to do without that "not that stupid job again" look that a lotta people have on their faces coz they do jobs they hate.

Honest answer, I do it for more than one thing. My main goal is just to be known and respected as one of the best white rappers period. When I say this is sounds really really stupid but I feel that white rappers really still don't have a place in the game like they should. I mean there is eminem he is pretty much the only one holding it down as a white rapper. Mac miller isn't really that great and neither is the rest, they do there thing but I take the game lyrically serious, my goal is to at least become RESPECTED as very lyrically good rapper.

That is not all though, I want to be respected but of course money is in the picture. When I say money I do not mean 20 Million, I am trying to make a decent amount of money, I would be fine being underground as long as I get my respect that I tell myself I deserve. I want to be able to rap to make enough money to not work wither that means making 30k a year or 80k or more. Its really a mix, I got into rap because it was something I am good at, actually I did not just get into rap because I was good at it, I got into rap because I felt I was better at it then others, so I felt I have something to offer the game. All I want is to make money being able to support myself without having to do labor/work instead I can do something I enjoy. But the best feeling will be knowing people respect you or put you in their top 10.

It sounds silly to some but unless you are white and very lyrically good you can't possibly understand the need to be placed up as one of the best white rappers. I doubt anyone will ever touch eminem but I feel that he is the only one up there so someone else needs to put the map back up their for white rappers. Yes there are some but they are no were near lyrical like eminem, I am trying to bring back real hiphop/rap, the bars the lines and the music. Basically all I need is a shot, if I blow that shot I can be happy and move on with my life knowing If I could have made it, if I never get that shot it will bug me for the rest of my life.

honestly i do it for both. tho i never made money of my music except this one show i did where i got a $200 check in the mail and that shit felt good. but foreal tho. i love this music thing. specially hip hop. do what you love and love what you do. then the money will come. and ******* hahah.

I honestly love making music. I really don't see myself doing anything else in life. As long as I can wake up, make some beats, then go skate, I'm happy. It's almost impossible to continually live that lifestyle with out making ends, so I'm using my skills as self employment. So I guess you could say that I'm doing in hopes of making money, but at the same time I love being able to craft my own art work.

both,.... but i cant get anyone to notice me. Im not good at taklking to people... lately i guess i just do it out of boredom.

Niggas with no money act like money isn't everything

I wanna stack cheddar all day, money run the world and if you don't have it you get run over, that's how it is

getting money is very important because it frees you, frees you from boring jobs, bad people and a boring life

Back