Scott Storch

Arvin_art

Do you guys know about scott storch ?

Lets ask everybody what was the best raps u heared , surely still dre will be on the list , candy shop , just a lil bit and p.i.m.p are unforgettable , lets ride will surely be there .

for people who love slower - more melodic music like me , make it rain , cry me a river , break ya neck and etc will be there .

Did you even reallize ALL of these are produced by scott storch ?

although i was being unfair with not mentioning 8 mile , heartless , it was a good day and 2p songs , but tbh scotty is the best rap producer of the world .

After he was turned to a billionaire while he was 23 , he wasted tons of money on drugs .
So he didnt work for 10 years ...

Now scotty is back , and this time he brang a change to the trap world .
Here are his new songs

You Ain't Know - Lil Wayne

Unhappy - A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

Prosper - Russ

You're a latecomer, Storch been talked about since at least '02 on the forum and tbh it's plenty producers in this era if you listen hard enough that leave Storch in the dust. As for him being the best, depends on who you ask, I didn't think he was when he was that dude but as for his comeback, the new generation ain't gonna know who he is.

Actually i guessed that there is alot of forums about scotty , im just trying to do anything i can to just tell people who he is , i cant sleep at night while thinking some people still think dre produced still dre or candy shop or kush etc. I just try to pronounde him more

Look , maybe u don't like storch's works so much just like me , i mean my head explodes everytime i hear a new beat from him , i mean the first time i've listened to his 50 cent works with professional headphone , i was just like How the hell did he write these melodies , everything was perfect .
But tbh , i preffer to listen to heartless ( kanye ) and juicy ( notorious ) while im alone , and i have a perfect reason for it :
We need to be in a special emotional level to write Legendary songs , i mean although turning tables ( adele ) is a beautiful song , or we love to listen to halo anytime , but nothing can ever even come near someone like you or hurt ( christian aguillera ) , the singers and songwriters of these songs are on a pretty high emotional level when theyre singing , writing ...
Well , Storch was on drugs when he wrote those songs , and drugs gives us spectacular emotional upgrades , so thanks to his incredible abilities , he made drugs his fuel to write the most legendary party - gangsta beats ever heared .
But we all know happiness and sadness made by drugs gives completely different product than normal ones , for example sadness made by drugs is a tool for us to make acidic-sad songs , but theres 1 bad thing in it :
Its empty of any feelings , i mean go listen to just a lil bit ( 50 cent ) and juicy ( biggy ) , although theyre different types of hip-hop , but ull find out the difference of real feelings and simulated ones .
Thats why many of us preffer other songs than storch songs .
And good news is he proven me ( at least ) that he learned to mix real feelings with music when he released Prosper and Unhappy

With all of these , we MUST be thankful to scotty , because :
1 : he brang melodies to hip-hop , obviously you'll get more melodies in You Ain't Know and Kush than Hype and Deep Cover
2 : Storch changed the rap world , And proved us a rap producer can get a grammy on pop and etc.
3 : Storch made real dope beats for us
4 : he's an inspiration to us , to improve . ( he is why i started producing , 1 day on accident when we didnt know he exists , and we thought dre produced all 50cent , the game etc. My bro told me imagine ur a producer , can u compose beats like this , and i said hell yea , lol . That was 3 4 years ago )

Last edited:

After Timbaland ethered him, Scott Storch was never the same. Timbaland said “I’m a real producer and you just a piano man”. That was it for Scott. Dude’s life unraveled after that.

Last edited:
Actually the real thing that ruined him was leaving aftermath , when andre told him dont work with people bc of friendships , plus dre never liked fat joe , and those times storch and fat joe were close friends , and storch was young and immature , so he thought he can work without dre , and he will shine more when his workin alone ...

He left aftermath , started to work for every damn rapper , and most of the time he didnt even work , plus he were drone in drugs , so ... he disappeared

Although timbalands betrayal really f ed him up , but the only reason of his failure was himself.

Btw when he started to quit drugs , Mike Tyson helped him more than anybody , and he shouldnt have visit or be visited by the friends who are in drugs while he was quitting , so fat joe started to quit with him so they can spend time togheter .

Im glad you asked ...

First thing is scott storch is REALLY good , brings melodies to hip-hop which is incredible , and he even has grammies on pop musics like me myself and i , he is without Any doubt the best hip-hop producer ever , you may say tupac producers , kanye or mobb deep are better , but reason he is better than all o' these is he uses melodies more than anybody in his song , although kanye uses long melodies , storch wasthe First to do it , plus he keeps his works hip-hop , ( a little trappy nowdays ) which keeps hiphop alive , and hip hop writin is harder than trap .

More important , he was ALWAYS under shadow of others , when he was in aftermath , if uve asked people who produced Still Dre , they would say of course Dre , or if you ask who produced Just A Lil Bit , they would say Aftermath or Shady which makes me a burning poker-faced potato on a stick .

And most important , he started to write songs when he was 11 , exactly when i started , he didnt have money for MIDI , just like me , he usually tried to find out how to play real song on the MIDI that he stolen , the only difference is i dont have MIDI or piani , so i use laptop-fl studio , so he rly inspires me .

Yes Scott Storch is/was one of the greatest producers in Rap, but clearly the industry has changed and will continue to do so and probably come back around one day.

As far as him bringing melodies to rap.......he didn't do that, melodies were already there, but he definitely overshadowed most producers in terms of success.

If you're into melodic rap producers I would suggest Nandogg (one of my personal favs), VMF, Chris Gunn aka CG, Sean T and Fingazz.

Nandogg flipped the oompa loompa song into a really dope beat "Dyablo - No G's Like Us"

Other Nandogg beats I'd recommend are the following:
Dyablo - Esto Es Asi
Slush The Villain - For My Thugs
Slush The Villain - Mo Drama
Dyablo - Hasta La Madre
Yukmouth - On The Block

Chris Gunn produced one of my favorite beats of all time which is:

CG or Fingazz produced "What You Know About Me" by Seldom Seen, another really dope beat

Sorry , its hard for me to dl songs , i have most albums instead , from mary j blige to 2Chainz.
And sorry when i said he brang melodies , i didnt mean there wasnt melodies in rap , i meant they were Mostly short and simple , like no vaseline , deep cover and boyz-n-the hood , Mostly .
But now , we hear Heartless as a rap song , or kush . These changes happegned after scotty

Scott Storch made dumbed down music for the average hip hop fan.

Quote: But Storch purposely keeps his music simpler than he could make it so that it'll sell to millions of Americans. "It's a chore for me to hold back my mind to do this simple shit," he says. "The best musicians technically — they make the least. A great jazz musician doesn't really ever sell huge amounts of copies. People want something they can understand, something they can break down in their head and understand the rhythms. There's more money in those little songs."

Scott Storch's Outrageous Fortune - Rolling Stone

Last edited:
Sorry , its hard for me to dl songs , i have most albums instead , from mary j blige to 2Chainz.
And sorry when i said he brang melodies , i didnt mean there wasnt melodies in rap , i meant they were Mostly short and simple , like no vaseline , deep cover and boyz-n-the hood , Mostly .
But now , we hear Heartless as a rap song , or kush . These changes happegned after scotty

I can email you some tracks if you want. Actually, some producers like Chris Gunn have been doing it before Scott Storch as well, and they were not exactly simple, they had atmosphere and layered nicely.
But either way Scott Storch was still a hot producer.

Scott Storch made dumbed down music for the average hip hop fan.

Seems like he is degrading rap music. I will say that Jazz is nothing like rap in the sense that lots of it doesn't follow a formula or the same song structure as say a rap song or pop song. Yes it's more complex as far as notation goes but at the same time it doesn't make a song any more appealing just because it took more time/effort to compose. Storch "sold" out for the money and he did a good job of it lol.

DesireInspires , thats completely right , and a lil bit sad that most of us dont connect with jazz and classical music , thats real art , but what to do with it , im Trying to spend some time on classics so i can start to improve tbh.
And knoc ( and everybody ) my email is arvinofski@gmail.com , ill be really happy , and btw plz send me some of your artworks , and ill send you my best beats , i love to hear other peoples art (and also compae btw :D ) , and feel free to send anything ( expect your dicpics )

Back