Saigon Says "President Doesn't Hold Much Power"

Saigon hit it on the nail..people are so stupid
They really think Obama and Romney are enemies.

Last edited:
Rule #1. Never listen to anybody in the music industry speak on politics. Especially never let them influence you. With 1 or 2 exceptions.

This morning I woke up, checked my FB, right on my news feed Jay-Z's feed popped up. It goes: Jay-Z is a proud supporter of President Obama, who will you be voting for in November?

Well thanks for letting me know a guy worth almost half a billion dollars supports the president. Because I'm sure he really cares deep down. Jay would be fine with either of these schmucks as president. Neither Jay, Obama, or Romney can relate to any of our current living situations, whatever those may be. Therefore, they have no influence on my voting decision.

been saying this for years
worry about your congressman/woman...
Kendall sir, you focus some much on Obama
why Kendall,when you say the President doesn't hold much power veto power I know that

anyone that took American Govt. in High School know about the three branches of Govt.

ppl need to pay close attention to local govt. more like city council which most don't even care about
but when you have a presidential race going on
everyone is so involved and concerned

better worry about your congress and senate agreeing to raise taxes and put in laws that don't help americans
so many bills and laws introduced and pass no one pays attention to

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Neither Jay, Obama, or Romney can relate to any of our current living situations...

You might wanna do some research on the Marcy Houses in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Jay-Z Knows exactly what hungry and desperate are. That's not to say that he gives a damn about all that now, but he CAN relate, sir...he CAN relate.

Peace.

You have a comprehension problem... Fataltone

I mentioned both candidates. smh

I talking about in most of your other political threads you made sir..not this thread in particular

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Forget the President.

Whatever happened to Saigon's career? SMH at that bum.

why is he a bum he might and probably have more money than you unless you're making super cake at you 9-5
by the way I hope you're making super cake at your 9-5
more money to take care of your family and help your community sir...

You might wanna do some research on the Marcy Houses in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Jay-Z Knows exactly what hungry and desperate are. That's not to say that he gives a damn about all that now, but he CAN relate, sir...he CAN relate.

Peace.

Not looking to get into a fight, just making a point here: Like you said, he no longer cares (most likely). Which means he probably won't be making any kind of an effort for any kind of cause to help the situation or any of those people in that situation out (I get he ain't no politican).

But given the fact that he still has a huge influence, especially in being able to bring a major sports franchise to his hometown. On the surface it looks great. If you dig deep however, he certainly isn't helping his cause in doing so. It's a well-known, thoroughly researched fact that major professional sports teams are a major contributor to urban decay. So he ain't doing BK no favors. Not that he was planning to, come on it's Jay, we all know he's just looking to make cash. All he's ever cared about.

But don't get me wrong, love the music, but I find it hard to respect the man himself. Just my opinion though.

Not looking to get into a fight, just making a point here: Like you said, he no longer cares (most likely). Which means he probably won't be making any kind of an effort for any kind of cause to help the situation or any of those people in that situation out (I get he ain't no politican).

But given the fact that he still has a huge influence, especially in being able to bring a major sports franchise to his hometown. On the surface it looks great. If you dig deep however, he certainly isn't helping his cause in doing so. It's a well-known, thoroughly researched fact that major professional sports teams are a major contributor to urban decay. So he ain't doing BK no favors. Not that he was planning to, come on it's Jay, we all know he's just looking to make cash. All he's ever cared about.

But don't get me wrong, love the music, but I find it hard to respect the man himself. Just my opinion though.

Not a prob at all, yo.

Regarding the sports and urban decay you mentioned, that might have been true in the past. Using my hometown, San Antonio, TX, as an example, it actually helps...a little bit.

Let's take the Alamodome, for instance. They built it on the eastern edge of downtown. That part of town, except for the space now occupied by the 'Dome, it's parking lot, and the little plaza of upscale businesses that sprouted up with it, was all railroad depot, abandoned warehouses, and some of the first homes built when this place became a proper city. It was decayed already.

Now, let's look at the AT&T center, which is just about 2.5 miles further east. Where it's located now was just on the edge of where the railroad district ended. Again, all 'hood. Ramshackle. Broken down. But outside of the parking lot, there's no upscale anything around, except a continuation of what the area used to be.

Both the Dome and the AT&T Center employ locals. There's no doubt about that. They're the ones cleaning the joints and workin' in the subterranean areas. Real talk. If the rest of the professional leagues in the other US cities are following this same model, they are not contributing to the decay, they're gentrifying the areas that area already down for the count. What economically-bright area of a major city that you know of would agree to have homes and businesses just paved over? I really doubt that happens.

What the big businesses do is, through the city government, force the people out and pour the asphalt. Then they say, "Hey, we're getting jobs for the locals!" Technically, they are, but in very small numbers, and not in any way close to providing any of those employees a shot at moving up in life.

They don't cause decay. They exploit it.

Jay Z earned his life exploiting the decay. As did/do the others who have made or are making money in the same way. Whether or not they're helping to change anything is another question entirely.

Peace.

Hahaha! You can't be serious...

I know that when I have a question about the American political process/system, my first thought is "what does former rapper Saigon think about this???"

It's a wonder CNN or MSNBC hasn't interviewed him for his expertise yet!

Good thread?

By mentioning MSNBC i can see you have a lot to learn...lol

By posting a video of SAIGON, a RAPPER (and one that no one cares about anymore at that) as though it were actually some kind of serious political statement... i can see you have a lot to learn... lol

By posting a video of SAIGON, a RAPPER (and one that no one cares about anymore at that) as though it were actually some kind of serious political statement... i can see you have a lot to learn... lol

You truly are showing your ignorance.
Everybody got a say .....from a rapper or a poor janitor.

Grow UP!

Sure, "everybody got a say".... that doesn't mean other people should CARE or give credence to it!

So should we start posting videos from every crazy person on the net who talks about lizard aliens in congress or the Mayan calendar or the Planet Nibiru because, you know, everybody got a say!

My point is:
1) why did you post this?
2) why do you take anything SAIGON has to say seriously?
3) why would ANYONE take SAIGON seriously on this topic?
and thus
4) what point are you trying to prove here???

Thats called an 'Opinion'. Which you have right to make.
Some people might think 'your' statements are dumb.

I posted this because..... it is 'HipHop' speaking on the political landscape ......that is going on right now.

You proved my point already. NOW GROW UP!

Last edited:
Back