Rumor: Dame Dash signing Currency & Jay Electronica?

Jesus Christ ... I wish I could verify the rumor...

Did not even think this would get "yehs" and "nehs"...

Black Roc was nice ....

I would prefer to make music I could stand by than sell albums...

What happened to integrity?

Last edited:
ehem..he said successful.

LOL. Dame hasn't really done anything successful w/o Jay unless you count the business ventures w/ his wife but then again i believe she was the brains behind those.

From what i understand Dame has burned a lot of bridges in the industry so once Jay stopped ****in w/ him everybody else no longer had to. Given the wide open state of the industry right now w/ the right artist/s i could definitely see someone w/ Dame's knowledge take advantage digitally. The Blakroc project he spearheaded is ill though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is big business baby!

Dame Dash got dame'd by DefJam...

People slowly move you out of the way...

Last edited:
Sometimes you just got to sh!t on folks to get them to see if not conceive the idea that you best not fug with me. I'm not saying it's the best way to go, but some people force your hand. and from then on you tend to led with that as your first and last impression.

Last edited:
I think there's a partial truth on every side, I don't believe that Dame Dash is that bad/wrong as people make it seem to be.

He talks some real stuff in this video:

Last edited:
This dude got a positive ass attitude, he's a bit cocky with it, but who isn't nowadays anyway?

I can almost confirm the Currensy and Dame Dash part. Got a guy pretty much confirming it. Submitting stuff now for his next project

I'm thinking that's where the rumor came from....

Because Bombshell Boogie interviewed him last week.

As soon as I got to work I tired to verify, but this is the only source saying anything even close...

I could see it happening... look at who Curren$y and Jay Elect appeal to... they're different.. plus look what Dame has been up to as of late...this makes sense.

He's been holed up in Tribeca in an art-commune, hanging with the downtown manhattan crowd. Seems like a different dame from the SP/ROC days...thats for sure

Check this out - here's what he's been up to in 2010 so far...

http://www.observer.com/2010/culture/wannabe-warhol

Dame is underrated and a dope dude who'll always know how to make a dollar. He'll be back...

Last edited:
ehem..he said successful.

like it or not, all those were commercially succesful.

Also, how come people act like Jay would be great in handling other artists? All his attemps in it have failed, and he is the one who ran roc-a-fella to the ground. Jay is only in it for Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax... none of that **** was successful.

I've never seen anybody rockin Pro Keds.

And no one said Jay is great at it either, but in my opinion better than Dame. While president of Def Jam he had Rihanna, Jeezy, Rick Ross (its not his fault 50 ended his career), had a hand in Kanye, who did Dame put out???

Dame gets a lot of co-signs...

Even Russell Simmons had to give it to him.

He has the education and a hustler mentality.. not too mention his crafty than a motherfuger....

Shocked?

Shouldn't be...

He's still revelevant as you can see from the thread and the rumors. People still watching him and listening. That's all he needs.

As far as Jay-Z making him or vice versa... the student learns from the master..... figure out who was who....
I know one thing Jay had to learn about the business from being in the collective. Dame already had a commerce degree.

If Dame so much needed Jay ...he would of faded away. Or he would be struggling to stay up like the rest of State Property. Or maybe he'd be like Memphis Bleek?!?!?! At least he seems to know his place. LOL

Confirmation from me for what it's worth....

I know the Dame/Curren$y situation is happening, but I think he's just one of the tons of people trying to get ahold of Jay Electronica.

He’s already seeing some money come in from the BlakRoc album, a collaboration between indie band the Black Keys and various hip-hop eminences, including Mos Def, Ludacris and Wu Tang Clan’s RZA that came out this past September. “Look,” he said, “you don’t come out of financial troubles over night. But, I guess, if this is financial trouble, I like being broke.”
I like that last line... I giggled @ it

I can relate cause when I got laid off last year... I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders... I was free to get creative. But all my creativity went into hustling new way to get money...

Toward that end, he’s seen to it that he’s a 50 percent partner in everything that goes on in this building. DD172 is essentially an umbrella organization housing a number of different projects, among them Creative Control, Mr. Dash’s online-content-production arm; America Knew, a forthcoming culture magazine; and VNGRD79, the Web-design arm. There’s also a gallery on the first floor.

This is what his doing.... NOW!

There was one more thing. As we stood on that staircase, I asked Mr. Dash whether, in his mind, all this could possibly be a reaction—against the old world he used to inhabit. “Probably,” he conceded, pressing his lips together in thought. But, he went on, “you can have that world—I don’t want it. That’s why I left.”

You got to have the means to make this happen...

But he's right...

Last edited:
Back