Rapper Shawty Lo Has Diabetes, Not AIDS, Reps Confirm

B

BrassCity

Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo has released an official statement regarding rumors swirling about the condition of his health.

According to gossip, there is a popular Atlanta artist who is infected with the HIV virus.

A representative for Shawty Lo, born Carlos Walker, has confirmed with AllHipHop.com that the rapper does not suffer from HIV, but a different medical condition.

“Carlos ‘Shawty Lo’ Walker is not infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS,” a representative told AllHipHop.com in a statement. “He does however suffer from Diabetes, a serious condition that effects millions of people, particularly those of color. Despite occasional set backs, Shawty Lo continues his rigorous work schedule in support of his debut album Units in the City. He appreciates the outpouring of concern and support for his health but he is doing fine.”

Shawty Lo’s debut album Units In The City, which was released on February 26, debuted at #13 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart.

The album is currently #46 on the chart.

LINK: http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/03/14/19469305.aspx

diabetes makes u lose weight rapidly if u don't control it,,my uncle was like 240 solid, when diabetes hit him he lost weight like the guy from thinner. this diabetes **** is starting to scare me cus moms got it,,, bout time to check my self for it

there's more than one type of diabetes,, and ghostface killah got an interview on the net talkin bout he thought he had that shiii cus he lost mad weight b4 he was diagnosted with diabetes

I remeber when people were sayin Nelly had aids...

That would suck to have a rumor like that about yourself...

Back