Rapper Juvenile's daughter and Child's mother killed in Ga.

B

barrysanders20

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/ap_on_en_mu/deputy_dead

By ERRIN HAINES, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 40 minutes ago

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - A 17-year-old boy has been charged with murder in the fatal shootings of his mother and her two little girls, one of whom was rap star Juvenile's 4-year-old daughter.

Anthony Tyrone Terrell Jr. was charged Friday in the deaths at the family home near Lawrenceville, where the bodies were found the night before, said police spokeswoman Illana Spellman.

She identified the victims as Gwinnett County Sheriff's Deputy Joy Deleston, 39, and her two daughters, Micaiah, 11, and Jelani, 4. The motive was still unclear.

Deleston brought a paternity lawsuit in 2004, claiming that the 32-year-old rap star Juvenile, whose real name is Terius Gray, was Jelani's father, Gwinnett County court records show.

Attorney Randy Kessler, who represented Juvenile in the proceedings, said the case was resolved peacefully by consent order in 2006. Both parties agreed Juvenile was the father.

Kessler said Saturday he had not talked with the rapper about the killings. "Anytime you have a situation like that, it's shocking," Kessler said.

Terrell was taken to jail in neighboring DeKalb County to avoid any potential conflict because Deleston worked for Gwinnett County, Spellman said. He is being held without bail.

Because of his age, prosecutors cannot seek the death penalty against Terrell. A preliminary hearing will be set next week in Gwinnett County Superior Court, said prosecutor Danny Porter.

Defense attorney Lyle Porter did not return a call Friday. An attempt to reach Juvenile at a listing for "T. Gray" in the New Orleans area, where he is based, was unsuccessful on Friday night.

Authorities on Friday found the gun used, going by information provided by Terrell. Spellman said she could not confirm whether Deleston's service weapon was used.

Deleston, a seven-year member of the department, had been assigned to the sex offender unit, police said.

Police had gone to the subdivision because a caller reported shots fired, Officer David Schiralli said earlier. They found a bullet hole in a house, then checked next door because they knew a deputy lived there.

They opened the door to announce themselves and discovered the bodies, Schiralli said. The 17-year-old son arrived at the house about 35 minutes later, he said.

Spellman said the boy was arrested after talking to investigators but didn't elaborate.

Neighbors said the family had moved in less than a year ago. They often saw Deleston in her squad car coming home from work and said having a deputy around was reassuring.

Jeff Beaird, who lives across the street, said he often saw Terrell in the driveway shooting hoops with his friends or washing his mother's patrol car but doesn't remember anything out of the ordinary.

"It's so shocking because you don't expect something like this to happen," Beaird said.

Juvenile has been arrested several times on charges ranging from failure to pay child support to resisting an officer in a scuffle at a Florida mall in 1999. Most of the charges have been dismissed.

___

damn yo, rip to juvis daughter, my condolinces go out to him and his family....that **** is cold when theres a cop who lives right next door too....you aint never safe anymore

Dam i know it hurts when you have to burry your own child.
A mans little girl is his prize posetion, i cant imagine what he feel

damn, r.i.p. ... crazy.

is it just me or is the last section about juve's criminal record completely irelevant?

Why is everyone in Cash Money Records Family getting killed...

Mannie fresh for example

OneEyeUp said:
damn, r.i.p. ... crazy.

is it just me or is the last section about juve's criminal record completely irelevant?

Yea u right, every article I've read has ended with somethin negative about juve. That shyt is disgraceful as hell, it has nothin to do with the story and that pisses me off .......rip to that family .

Last edited:
OneEyeUp said:
damn, r.i.p. ... crazy.

yeah thats foul man, they tryin to make it sound it was related to hip hop through juvie, ****in media man

I am saddend to hear that. I have personally met juve, had him at my home and recorded him at my home studio. Thats effed up for the family. sad.

Why is no one talking about how disgusting a human you have to be to shoot two little children. Little girls at that. What kind of animals are we raising in this gun glory culture.

Do they think its just another video game and that the people arent realy real?

Having two sweet little girls in my home, this makes me feel sick that there are teenagers out there that are so sick.

man, i heard about this a few days ago when it happened, it's not too far from me. i'm just now hearin the part about it being juve's daughter. and yes, them addin all the negative stuff about juve is totally irrelevant! i was shocked/saddened/disgusted when i heard about it initially, so for me to read the part about juve's record and all this and that, i'm like wtf does that have to do with a cop and her 2 kids gettin killed have to do with anything. this was terrible on it's own, then to try and throw salt on juve is just silly. sad times man, sad times. RIP to the family.
LevLove

the real tragedy here, imo, is that nobody would even notice if it wasnt related to a star, we wouldnt even be talkin about it because it is so common in this country.
and yes it takes a real piece of work to take a childs life, and people say the devil isnt real.

--disgusted

how a dude even point a gun at a kid?? I can never get that

can't even say nothin bout the situation...speechless...rip

Our society today has conditioned more and more youths to be numb to violence and even murder. There's a lot of crap out there, that's getting into these young minds and corrupting our future. It's a sad thing.

I remember my dad letting me shoot a gun when I was young, and I was shaking for the next two hours. This young boy shot not one, but three people. Wow...

RIP

Was Juvie's criminal record really necessary in this article?

R.I.P.

DWreck ThE VirUS said:
the real tragedy here, imo, is that nobody would even notice if it wasnt related to a star, we wouldnt even be talkin about it because it is so common in this country.
and yes it takes a real piece of work to take a childs life, and people say the devil isnt real.

--disgusted
1st... my respect to family for their lose.

I almost agree with you on this... but, murders like these(family on family) is getting airplay... it's just when it involves white families, you hear about it.
I watch the news 'like a hawk' and crimes like this...get exposure, but if the victims are non-white... it's a 50-50 chance.

I just spotted this on AOL and I have to say... there are a lot of cowards and bigots posting in the remarks section of these news stories. I even read where someone said that,"he deserved it". The real
sickening part about that was... other mf's supported that view(and don't personally know this man nor his family).
This tone is getting worse... and it won't be long before one of these cowards... speak offline and get the hell kicked out of them... then we'll read about it!!

Back