Rap Music Is Bad For Your Health

I think that if you don`t promote certain "approved" messages, you won`t get mainstream exposure no more. You should scout the underground for real artists and not merely soldass entertainers.

A woman told me not to play that shit around her. Shit is not good for your mindset. Negativity. Hate to admit it...

LMFAO! This is exactly what I am talking about. Your post above is the equivalent of trying to make junk food healthy. Why waste time? Hip-hop is the junk food of the music world. People don't want low calorie hip-hop.

They want fat, saturated fat, trans fat, monosodium glutamate, sodium nitrate, sodium guanylate, polydimetylsiloxane, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, salt, glycerol ester of wood rosin, sodium benzoate, citric acid, and all of the chemicals and preservatives that makes it taste good.

It isn't about feeling good, it is about the taste with food. And in hip-hop, it isn't about learning something, it is about feeling entertained. If you want to learn, go to where people that like to learn go. Keep hip-hop ignant. Stay young and foolish. Pop a bean, sip some lean, blow a blunt, and continue to stunt.

The exact mind-set of a child with dribble all over their chin...no offense.

Children want lollipops, Skittles, Pepsi and Big Macs. Some adults do too and they feel and look like garbage. They're the ones that drive around bouncin to Chris Brown and Lil Wayne.

Then you have the grown and sexy who WANT vegetables with their meals. WANT lobster tails and oven baked chicken with a parmesan sauce and a salad on the side. WANT good wine and not Boones Farm. Those girls are sexy and those men get those girls. They also listen to music with substance.

Keep listening to your trans fat music and then wonder why you're dating some thot that is hollerin at your boy on the low while you stuff your mouth with McNuggets.

...and you clearly confused Rap with Hip Hop if you think it's not about learning something. Radio got you cats all phukd up. It's like them people that think all black women act like the girls on Love and Hip Hop smh

Last edited:
there are rappers who rap about usefull stuff. Maybe not astrophysics but life lessons n shit.

Great thread and you're a smart dude who definitely has a lot of points in here. However, it is impossible to make that "smart" type of hip-hop popular because the majority of people is simply not smart and they don't want to educate themselves. Rapping about school lessons for an example is not going to make kids listen, they will quickly become bored. They want to have fun, and like it has already been said here, they like the fact that hip-hop allows them to escape to this imaginary world where they can break the rules and think highly of themselves.
Most people live by stereotypes and cliches, they live life everyday following patterns that society has set, so how can you expect them to act different when it comes to hip-hop? People are "programmed" to think certain things, like they expect hip-hop to be ignorant. Those who don't expect that will always complain about it, which is also a cliche.
The real problem are rappers who claim that they are smart and have real knowledge but they wouldn't actually show it in their music. Like, they would make a whole song saying what is wrong but they wouldn't give any solutions. Instead, they decide to simply rap against ignorant rappers and that's all they do. That right there is their thinking pattern that they can't change, they are literally not capable of thinking about new topics. Underground rappers put out whole mixtapes with lyrics like "they are fake and i am real, they think money is the most important, they are this and they are that" when eople are supposed to stand for something they like, not go against what they don't like.

I am certainly not in a position to be speaking about hiphop, at all but...[lol hear me out]

I think the underground sanction has it all wrong, or maybe I am misunderstanding something. Instead of attacking the "cool" the "mainstream" and complaining about everything all the time why don't those fellas just talk about whatever's on their mind and such?

Like just random shit lol. Stories and folklore, tales and fables or life lessons instead of constant "These niggas like drake is too poofy" Ok we get it drake's not real hiphop to you but I like the way he sounds and used him as a prime example :)

I am certainly not in a position to be speaking about hiphop, at all but...[lol hear me out]

I think the underground sanction has it all wrong, or maybe I am misunderstanding something. Instead of attacking the "cool" the "mainstream" and complaining about everything all the time why don't those fellas just talk about whatever's on their mind and such?

Like just random shit lol. Stories and folklore, tales and fables or life lessons instead of constant "These niggas like drake is too poofy" Ok we get it drake's not real hiphop to you but I like the way he sounds and used him as a prime example :)

A lot of those cats don't have anything to stand on that's why. But good good point.

My point exactly. When you ask underground rappers what should real hip-hop be about, they be like "real life, sharing knowledge and positivity..." And what do they rap about? Successful mainstream rappers they consider to be trash lol, they don't say anything positive or substantial.

My point exactly. When you ask underground rappers what should real hip-hop be about, they be like "real life, sharing knowledge and positivity..." And what do they rap about? Successful mainstream rappers they consider to be trash lol, they don't say anything positive or substantial.

Please give examples of underground hip hop artists who do this.

I'm talking in general, and it's the same thing with fans. I'm pretty sure that the most fans who claim that they want "real life" music would refuse to listen to phycians and doctors who would be dropping the realest substance. Why? Because it may be real and useful, but it ain't dramatic. If they don't wanna hear ignorant party tracks or gangsta fairytales that can help them escape reality, then they wanna hear tracks about life situations that they can relate to, and what do they relate to the most? The drama in their life, because they are more attracted to negativity.

After studying "hiphop" from boombap's documentaries it seems like I have started to understand that most forms of this is not just about the music as I originally thought.

Way of life might be literal it seems. If it makes you feel good, if it puts a smile on your face or an intrigued sense of peaked interest then that's what matters in my opinion.

All of this beef between supposed gangsters, multiple people [lol lemme just bring that up again] going off on sensitive drake and him being like "why y'all gotta be like that" and kendrick's challenge to the others, it seems hiphop isn't about just the sounds.

It seems like it literally has changed into a newfound subset of politics, albiet of more interesting topics than what is usually found on the regular side of the world but besides the point I tried to make that wasn't clear.

I am not confused by simple banter between opposite opinions and the like, I am more intrigued by the general concensus, the mindset of those who choose to partake in such discussion in order to understand exactly, what is hip-hop?

But it seems like hip hop has no definite answer for a question so vague and broad, such as a question like that.

I'm talking in general, and it's the same thing with fans. I'm pretty sure that the most fans who claim that they want "real life" music would refuse to listen to phycians and doctors who would be dropping the realest substance. Why? Because it may be real and useful, but it ain't dramatic. If they don't wanna hear ignorant party tracks or gangsta fairytales that can help them escape reality, then they wanna hear tracks about life situations that they can relate to, and what do they relate to the most? The drama in their life, because they are more attracted to negativity.

Please give examples of underground hip hop artists who "talk about successful mainstream rappers they consider to be trash lol" and "don't say anything positive or substantial".

...and not everyone is all about the "drama in their life" - maybe college kids and immature people. But, most people in my life are about being Successful and finding Happiness in whatever that definition may be to them. To each their own.

Please give examples of underground hip hop artists who "talk about successful mainstream rappers they consider to be trash lol" and "don't say anything positive or substantial".

...and not everyone is all about the "drama in their life" - maybe college kids and immature people. But, most people in my life are about being Successful and finding Happiness in whatever that definition may be to them. To each their own.

Hopsin. just to name one.

How not? He's gone after Odd Future, Lil Wayne, Ross, Soulja Boy, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross. His ill mind of hopsin series is pretty much him just whining constantly

How not? He's gone after Odd Future, Lil Wayne, Ross, Soulja Boy, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross. His ill mind of hopsin series is pretty much him just whining constantly

With your logic the same could be said for:
LL Cool J
Ice Cube
Common
Canibus
50 Cent
Jay-Z
2Pac
Jin
Kendrick Lamar

...just because they went after people and named lames. 50 Cent got on because of his song How To Rob where all he did was call people out. 2Pac had Get Money. Jay-Z had Takeover. Kendrick had Control. The essence of Hip Hop is the battle, but you're saying that they, along with Hopsin, have never said anything "positive or substantial" and only whine?

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

mostly whine. it doesn''t excuse other rappers as well from spitting negativity. But truthfully dudes like Hopsin and all the others who pop up on youtube channels, and on my facebook page who say I got that real Hip Hop. They mostly just down what's popular while not really offering anything themselves. A lot of the underground "conscious rappers" I see tend to stand against things, but don't stand for anything.

mostly whine. it doesn''t excuse other rappers as well from spitting negativity. But truthfully dudes like Hopsin and all the others who pop up on youtube channels, and on my facebook page who say I got that real Hip Hop. They mostly just down what's popular while not really offering anything themselves. A lot of the underground "conscious rappers" I see tend to stand against things, but don't stand for anything.

I can agree with this, but also ask you to check out Immortal Technique and Brother Ali.

What's funny about Hopsin is, that even with his profane mouth and agressive lyrics, he actually has a positive messege behind his songs, compared to many other rappers who sound soft, but promotes negative lifestyles.

I don't think rap is bad you your health, but more for your moral values.

Back