Rap Music Is Bad For Your Health

yokuzin

Much Love. Peace!
Do you agree or disagree? Why and why not.

I think rap has the potential of being beneficial to the physical, mental, and spiritual aspect of our lives. The problem is it being filled with people who have no professional background in anything helpful. It is mostly full of people's thoughts and a lot of those thoughts are very persuasive. Yet, we never get skilled lyricist who were phycians making dope ass rap CDs which a lyrical lessons in losing weight, gaining muscle, why we are fat, why we are skinny, ect. We don't have doctors to spit lyrics explaining real shit to keep us healthy.....the real deal about mollies instead of some guy with a sad excuse of why he sell them. I mean, people create ebooks, audio books, write books all the time, yet we as rap music fans are stuck with idiots persuading us they are intelligent in some kind of way. Talking deep about some shit they read that someone else was writing their thoughts about.

Anyway...what do you think?

Can't understand how this thread got taken down yesterday. I was wanting to reply in it.

No, Hip-hop or rap was birth from the struggles of African Americans creatively expressing themselves. Now it is part of multi-billion dollar industry "The entertainment industry". It is entertainment and sure a doctor could release music about surgery, I personally wouldn't listen but I'm sure there are some who will. Niche market for everything.

Do you agree or disagree? Why and why not.

I think rap has the potential of being beneficial to the physical, mental, and spiritual aspect of our lives. The problem is it being filled with people who have no professional background in anything helpful. It is mostly full of people's thoughts and a lot of those thoughts are very persuasive. Yet, we never get skilled lyricist who were phycians making dope ass rap CDs which a lyrical lessons in losing weight, gaining muscle, why we are fat, why we are skinny, ect. We don't have doctors to spit lyrics explaining real shit to keep us healthy.....the real deal about mollies instead of some guy with a sad excuse of why he sell them. I mean, people create ebooks, audio books, write books all the time, yet we as rap music fans are stuck with idiots persuading us they are intelligent in some kind of way. Talking deep about some shit they read that someone else was writing their thoughts about.

Anyway...what do you think?

Can't understand how this thread got taken down yesterday. I was wanting to reply in it.

Um, money.
I'm sure there are physicians who raped in high school or college.
But once u get deep in your career, its hard to do the side stuff. U might find a cat dropping a corny rap about brushing your teeth or eating vegetables but that's about it

Ya girl I'm gonna stop being cardiologist so I can rap . . . Will u support me baby?

But on the real, there have been more than a couple well educated rappers on the underground tip.
I believe Asheru has a Master's degree and is a teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDv3iSrZHM
Conscious hip-hop has left the building, its on the outside begging for change.

Last edited:
Hip-hop is not really about actually talking about that kind of stuff, I mean it can be about anything. But it's about the rapper's personal experiences and trying to communicate that to their audience.

Wow......so hip hop is in a box being it's "not really being about talking about stuff"?

2Pac wrote a song called violent.......the song was a story that had a good meaning.........somebody actually "killed a cop" and blamed it on the song possessing him and making him do it. That's hip hop right? Sure it's not Pac's fault....but does that open the way for hip hop to be "unhealthy". You might not have felt the need to kill a cop......but you may also hate all police officers due to "hip hop and it's bullshit"......when officers hve let you slide on tickets and you never had to deal with having your rights violated, brutality ect. So that's healthy? Jay-Z broke down some laws to abid by when dealing with the police.. (that was healthy), but not intended FOR YOU as a law abiding citizen.

See man....people love hip hop because they can escape into a fake world of rules created that make "breaking rules exceptable". You love to point out how it's all about personal experiences and street life and shit like that. How it speaks to the hood and all that. I was in the hood writing rhymes.....not because I can express myself....but because I was a fan of the music and artist. I REPRESENT THE MAJORITY OF PARTICIPANTS IN HIP HOP!!!! We need to save all of this deep shit that these hip hop purist have created to make hip hop WHAT IT AIN'T. The shit was some dude talking shit to big up the DJ. Shit was poetry...over music. Poetry is a "SLICK WAY OF MAKING YOU THINK". We still talking to the hood......telling the hood what it already know......sad thing about it is that people who ain't even experienced the hood are telling the hood about the hood. Rappers got into reading about Africa in the late 90's........WHAT MADE MOST OF THEM RAP ABOUT BLACK POWER? Was it the surroundings....it's popularity outside of rap....was it another rapper who is gaining fame and recognition from it......BAM!!! Fame and recognition. We need to quit taking the small percent of what "would like hip hop to represent" and go with that. Because if we really wanted to break it down.....Kool Mo Dee ain't real hip hop....just a poet who invaded the territory of hip hop. We needed yall to be there so hip hop would have never changed....then we would have less "poets" expressing themselves as real when it was really their imagination being baked at 375 degrees using someone else's recipe. Hip Hop has been unhealthy all of these years. How are you getting educated listening to a rapper talk about "Afrika" that has never been there, hasn't read a book, has NO PERSONAL VIEW ON THE SUBJECT except what he heard from someone else? The cycle continues and goes on and on. The same as religion. You listen to a variety of different pastors preaching all the same, no matter how ignorant they are of the bible, you go along with it because you put more trust in "man" than in the word. You don't even read for yourself and get guidance from those who have studied the bible and it's languages.........THE SAME WAY WITH THESE RAPPERS!! That's not healthy at all. The entertainment excuse goes for everything that is art, right? Movies have documentaries. Artifacts, sketching, and painting show proof of the past when history books lie like these rappers do.

You wouldn't listen to a dope ass lawyer....with a whole lot more to say and explain with authenticity.... skills like Eminem.....beats like whoever you like..........because you are a sex slave to the transvestite that you call Hip Hop. Making love to you in the dark. Making you do things you never would.....but since she feels like a woman, and you think she's a woman, and you think nobody will know.......WHY NOT....if it pleases you baby because I LOVE YOU. "That word love is very very serious.....very addictive" - KRS-1. And unhealthy.

We need to clean hip hop up from all of it's nonsense. It's too late to hate Rick Ross for being fake....but since "everyone else" is saying it....you will forever look at him that way......Not Biggie though. "OH..but with Biggie it was different". NO it wasn't. We need to clean ALL OF THAT SHIT! You mfers ain't bad.....that is what hip hop allows you to be. Let your imagination run free. BUT SINCE YOU HAVE NOTHING ON YOUr DEAD GUM MIND EXCEPT WHAT OTHER RAPPERS SAID AND DONE........your imagination flips images of ONLY that as a rapper. Which is the reason you feel hip hop is so limited. You feel comfortable around drug dealers selling your son mollies......pimps and molesters pushing up on your daughter who is becoming a young thot in trainin anyway.....hustlers leaving you with nothing....jackers robbing your ass. You poets have no mind of your own.....even when going against these things on your pen and pad...(YOU ARE FOCUSED ON THESE THINGS). Your minds are limited....and that is unhealthy.

What if we changed the process of things. Hip hop becomes open to being educational in the "real sense of education". Real professors with degrees and lyrical skills spitting what they know on a track. Platinum records, radio spins, best selling books. No more listern to these rappers talking about their life as though they taking revenge out everybody that doubted them.....THAT SHIT IS UNHEALTHY FOR YOU.....

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDv3iSrZHM
Conscious hip-hop has left the building, its on the outside begging for change.

O.K....imagine Drake being as huge in 92' as he is today. He might get thrown off the stage and chuckled about today.

NOW.......let's imagine Drake and J.Cole had "real knowledge"......same style of rap...same music......"BUT HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO OFFER IN THE PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT" and have a degree that says not only do I KNOW WHAT I'M RAPPING ABOUT.......but I also have proof that I'm skilled at teaching it to you....maybe even as easy as Barney can sing how you can tie your shoes.

We all are different I guess....I see J.Cole more as a nice young man that's a good role model than some sex crazed fool that make you feel like a foot is in your mouth. He just doesn't sound right saying it......maybe just me. Drake just doesn't sound right talking cocky to me...he sounds like a whining brat to me....like a 12 year old trying to be like his 17 year old cousin that is in the hood and bringing that attitude to his suburban area. But I can match Drake's voice with someone who can actually have something to say that could change someone's life in a major way.

I bring them two rappers up to say that....most of the educated "higher self" rappers seem to only reach WHO? Those who are seeking or those who already have gain the knowledge for their self. They can't listen to Drake. Drake and J.Cole fans are people that need more courage in their life....so seeing them rap with such confidence gives them hope of some sorts and turns them into HEROES....even though they sound like voices for Gummi Bear type cartoons. Their is a formula that can work that will allow those educated degree having doctors, lawyers, ect......to REACH THIS GENERATION the same way as Drake and J.Cole. I strongly believe that. I'm wanting to be apart of that movement right there. Look at Lecrae...people claim his music changed their life for the better...anything is possible.

Last edited:

Leave hip hop alone. Why are people always trying to change stuff? Hip-hop is bad for our health. But so what. Bad things are good in other ways. I don't eat donuts to stay healthy. I eat donuts because they are tasty. Don't try to change donuts into carrots and don't try to make hip-hop clean. Keep this music ignorant and fake. What else can we escape to if hip-hop gets too real?

Leave hip hop alone. Why are people always trying to change stuff? Hip-hop is bad for our health. But so what. Bad things are good in other ways. I don't eat donuts to stay healthy. I eat donuts because they are tasty. Don't try to change donuts into carrots and don't try to make hip-hop clean. Keep this music ignorant and fake. What else can we escape to if hip-hop gets too real?

O.K not change it but add to it.

We've been in an information era for a good bit now and it's booming with the power of the internet. Yet, we've seen the power of hip hop....(well.......people with future dated thoughts can't even see that power for the dollar signs of a small percent). I think we don't want to accept a real knowledgeable side of hip hop. It will stick to your ribs hearing a dude you can relate to giving you info in a way you can understand that as informative as going to google. Studying for a test? Put on some hip hop....this artist has exactly what you need to pass.

O.K not change it but add to it.

We've been in an information era for a good bit now and it's booming with the power of the internet. Yet, we've seen the power of hip hop....(well.......people with future dated thoughts can't even see that power for the dollar signs of a small percent). I think we don't want to accept a real knowledgeable side of hip hop. It will stick to your ribs hearing a dude you can relate to giving you info in a way you can understand that as informative as going to google. Studying for a test? Put on some hip hop....this artist has exactly what you need to pass.

LMFAO! This is exactly what I am talking about. Your post above is the equivalent of trying to make junk food healthy. Why waste time? Hip-hop is the junk food of the music world. People don't want low calorie hip-hop.

They want fat, saturated fat, trans fat, monosodium glutamate, sodium nitrate, sodium guanylate, polydimetylsiloxane, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, salt, glycerol ester of wood rosin, sodium benzoate, citric acid, and all of the chemicals and preservatives that makes it taste good.

It isn't about feeling good, it is about the taste with food. And in hip-hop, it isn't about learning something, it is about feeling entertained. If you want to learn, go to where people that like to learn go. Keep hip-hop ignant. Stay young and foolish. Pop a bean, sip some lean, blow a blunt, and continue to stunt.

Last edited:
I disagree. Hip hop has grown so much over the just the first couple of years of it's birth to prove that junk food statement wrong. If all you are looking for is fast food then that's all you are going to eat. You are NOT going to cook your own food. You are NOT going to think about your health. Not the case with hip hop as a whole. It's MUCH bigger than what you see. You see charts, radio spins, royalties, commercial vs underground, hobbist and professional musicians participating.....but that's still only a small portion of what hip hop has accomplished and what it is capable of. Drake proved the world wrong......Master P proved the world wrong.......Hammer proved the world wrong......Run DMC proved the world wrong.....Kool Moe Dee proved the world wrong. Hip hop itself proves there are no rules. Hip hop has actually been used to teach even way back in the 80's. Who are the people that hated the fact it was happening? The same people today. The ones who want that unhealthy stuff. And they will fight to keep it unhealthy. And they lose every time. They will try tpo prove to the world why they are right and they are wrong. But HIP HOP will shake it's head like "they don't get it...there is nothing stopping me from spreading not only throughout New York, but to Mars!!! Best believe when man steps foot on Mars hip hop will be there also.

That's not a problem at all. Watch what happens. One best selling author will also have a multiple platinum of a hip hop album with the hard copy book, audio book, and rap album having the same title, word per word being the same thing. Thoughts, ideas, improvements, and suggested goals from a certified professional.

Innovation......that's what hip hop has always been about.

Watch what happens. One best selling author will also have a multiple platinum of a hip hop album with the hard copy book, audio book, and rap album having the same title, word per word being the same thing. Thoughts, ideas, improvements, and suggested goals from a certified professional.

Innovation......that's what hip hop has always been about.
I agree with this, but I fear we are innovating in the wrong direction. I do have hope that the J Cole's and Kendrick's of the game will continue to spread a little wisdom (I don't see Drake drifting that way no time soon) Like all forms of music, hip-hop reflects the social context of what's going on. I would say recent events in NY,Ohio, and Florida may lead to more "conscious material" but it seems like the time when conscious MCs had a lane in mainstream hip-hop has long gone.

Lmao I ****ing loved that response. Damn nigga, sometimes you just crack me up haha. Thanks for making my day man.

Last edited:
That's not even what I was talking about, to me it sounded like you wanted doctors to explain medical conditions and things that are bad for your heath, or good for it in music form. Which would honestly be extremely corny imo.

And the transvestite comparison was a bit much wasn't it? Like unnecessarily offensive to transgender people.

And the transvestite comparison was a bit much wasn't it? Like unnecessarily offensive to transgender people.

Another reason why rap is bad for your health. It has shaped your mind into playing the role of the victim when you don't have to (in the real world). Like responding to guilt me, and for the sake of hip hop...(that ignorant remake) would attract others in your category to guilt me as well. More worried about guilting the innocent for your own pride to even challenge me on a lawyer with skills like Em feeding you understandable info in a language that you can or would want to understand. You turned a positive into a negative.....which is more proof of that garbage you letting into your soul through your ears. And rap is the least of YOUR garbage intake. It's like you are so used to being surrounded by garbage that certain words trigger your mind away from reality. Sad......it is not just you. Words like gay.....God......bible......tranny.......project what you expect in the world that you have invited into your mind. So those words trigger that illusive world. Which is why black get beat up, tased, and killed by police. That unhealthy ass rap music got you wanting to write bars about it......make beats to get rappers to write songs about it. You feel that is your job. It's just your version of a cowardly escape from the inevitable. A poor excuse to get what you want and that's the the thing you think about most.......(and that unhealthy hip hop is the cause).

I mean rap has messed your heads up so bad that you don't want to better yourself in a way that you relate. Bullshit.....that's on you though. One person can read books on relationships, books that strike the imagination, cook books, political books........the other wants rap to remain unhealthy as a choice to keep others from being bored as though "rap is not boring enough" without the social gathering of a bunch of mentally unhealthy people. So what do you have? A bunch of people dying in the hospital because the doctor fuucked up and always fuucking up....yet he has the perfect excuse and paperwork to appear innocent....no problem for him....get as man E.R patients out the way as he can...."yep, they are going to die.....kill them......NEXT!" He learned that shit the same way these rappers teaching you how to get away with selling dope. Sad world we live in.

Back