Pure rock bands that have a hip hop type groove to them ?

E

EMPORIO

I always thought Nirvana songs always hade a great hip hop groove to it. It's usually slow and very catchy and very childish. Nirvana something in the way and Come as you are are both very hip hop sounding songs to me. Dark hip hop but if you added a piano over it the entire song itself not just a sample could be a rap song.

You are reaching with nirvana... That whole grunge sound developed from the seattle punk scene...... aint nothing hip hop about that.

Maybe since hip hop uses a lot of samples, we hear a lot of elements that we would use in a beat.

hed pe

obv linkin park

pod

disturbed

UPPER_CUTT said:
You are reaching with nirvana... That whole grunge sound developed from the seattle punk scene...... aint nothing hip hop about that.

Maybe since hip hop uses a lot of samples, we hear a lot of elements that we would use in a beat.

hed pe

obv linkin park

pod

disturbed

disturbed if an awesome band man. got to see them in concert, they were insane. im not too sure if they have much hip hop in them though.

Last edited:
cntspitfiya said:
disturbed if an awesome band man. got to see them in concert, they were insane. im not too sure if they have much hip hop in them though.

The rhythmic vocals Disturbed has is definitely hip hopish. I can see P.O.D. as well.

System of a Down?
Slipknot?

Cameron Thomas said:
The rhythmic vocals Disturbed has is definitely hip hopish. I can see P.O.D. as well.

System of a Down?
Slipknot?

i guess I could see that. i never even related the two.

Disturbed is the ****. I need to see them in concert.

System of a down is also hot, but it's hard to find hip hop in what they do... I guess that fast talking trill stuff that serj? does is hopish?

I just know that one song that they have that goes: everybody goes to the party and have a good time. Could have puffy rapping with a shiney suit on.

Heavy rock is my biggest influence.

UPPER_CUTT said:
Disturbed is the ****. I need to see them in concert.

System of a down is also hot, but it's hard to find hip hop in what they do... I guess that fast talking trill stuff that serj? does is hopish?

I just know that one song that they have that goes: everybody goes to the party and have a good time. Could have puffy rapping with a shiney suit on.

Heavy rock is my biggest influence.

yea man I listen to a lot of heavy rock too. That system of a down song is called B.Y.O.B, i didnt like system too much at first, but they are growing on me.

Also, I heard disturbed canceled the rest of their tour to start on a new album. Do you know if there is any truth to that?

Last edited:
I dont know if that is true. I didn't like SOAD's first album, it only had 2 good songs. They became one ofmy favs when toxicity came out.

You have to add 'no doubt' to the list. Listen to 'ex-gf,' I'm taking the guitar part at the begining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone said Rage Against The Machine.
Id agree with that, as well as like the obvious Linkin Park and there's Korn too. They did a nice song with Q-Tip.

I think some people are just hearing what they might sample in a song rather than what sounds like hip hop tho... I mean, the Clash?

im a dj as well as a beatmaker and depending where i play i sometimes dropped smells like teen spirit and they went crazy....it wouldnt work at every hip hop and rnb club but when u pik the rite spot they go crazy coz theyre not expecting it....so i definately think nirvana has a bit of a hip hop feel to it....not the usual feel but i see what ur saying.....

Gutty502 said:
Also, Red Hot Chili Peppers....duh

I was just thinking that...lol Chili Peppers are mad funky. 311 is dope. I went to a 311 show a couple summers ago. It was sick. That B.Y.O.B. song by SOAD. Isn't that about the war in Iraq and how the media portrays it? That's what I got from it. They make it out to be like a party in the dessert. I mentioned slipknot because they are crazy rhythmic and they have a dj do cuts. I used to dj in a hardcore band. Fun stuff.

Incubus?

Back