To Pimp A Butterfly is a "REAL ALBUM"

Albums was dope! I had to listen to Mortal Man a few times. The concept of that track was innovative how they spliced 2pac's interview and made it seem like the two were in deep conversation. What else do y'all suggest? I'm new here, but I'm big into hip hop albums and I'm always listening out for new/old albums.

Listening to this I suddenly start thinking what the hell is this trash? Then I realized the YouTube adds was playing :D

How Much a Dollar Cost - from production to lyrics to hook and outro. If you don't feel that song, then that might explain why your money funny and your girl look like a Battletoad.

King Kendrick!

shots out to Yokozin, he called it back when the blacker the berry dropped.

He's killing the game with this project, while making everything else sound like music for kids. He warned cats on control, but now his rule is undisputed

King Kendrick!
He's killing the game with this project, while making everything else sound like music for kids. He warned cats on control, but now his rule is undisputed

This is the kind of album Kanye wanted Yeezus to be musically, but Kanye's Gameboy Advanced vsts and wack rhymes couldn't reach this level.

How much you wanna bet we hear Kanye tryna work with Terrace Martin and Sounwave in the future?

This is the kind of album Kanye wanted Yeezus to be musically, but Kanye's Gameboy Advanced vsts and wack rhymes couldn't reach this level.

How much you wanna bet we hear Kanye tryna work with Terrace Martin and Sounwave in the future?

I wouldn't be surprised, but I think Kanye is a little to Hollywood for a project like this.

clearly you missed the point of the song.

Funny money is more than about having money or being broke - it's about your state of mind, maturity and willful ignorance.

Clearly you missed the point of my post...nice try though, troll

Last edited:
the album was good i thought. kendrick is a bad ass rapper/musician, that's for sure. i'm just not the biggest fan of his albums. his last album i wasn't really feeling at all... this one had more good joints on it i thought, i kept like 3 or 4 for my car. which is a good number for me because i'm picky. i'm personally not as impressed with kendricks albums as everybody else. but i do hear him kill verses all the time on random records.. bad ass hooks.. all that. i just don't like his albums like that.
now action bronsons mr wonderful was a real album too. everything tied together nicely when listening thru it, and i was never into his mixtapes too much at all, just random songs here and there, but it sounded like he made a solid effort on this.

That song impressed you?

lol

Immensely to the point where I learned how to play it on my baby grand.

I love jazz as well as obscure types of music and sound, so this album reminded me of a hip hop version of D'Angelo's Black Messiah.

This album (and How Much a Dollar Cost) aren't meant for DJ Mustard fangirls who think Weezy is the greatest rapper alive.

Lyrics aside, if you can't appreciate the depth of the production on this record, then I will treat anything you say about music as a misinformed opinion-even if you are right. Niggas been so used to bologna sandwiches that they lack the palate to appreciate fine cuisine.

Funny money is more than about having money or being broke - it's about your state of mind, maturity and willful ignorance.

Clearly you missed the point of my post...nice try though, troll

Actually he meant that the bum is God in disguise.

Trite as a concept but even more lame that you didn't pick up on the plot line instead you're talking about hooks and money.

Aka you missed the point of the song

Back