Opinion on UK rap

Only one I really know is lady leshurr lol.. she pretty dope in my opinion, she's doing the same kind of niche hopsin does with the ill mind joint, and does the queen speech thing.

Im from the UK and personally i'm not saying its wack but at the moment its not that great the artist that are big now have a few bangers and decent tracks under their belts but they ain't amazing personally who I think is dope who's running the scene now is Fredo but if I had to say my overall fav UK rapper he's even better than most americans I would say Wrecth 32 (not including grime artist because they are not UK rap). Most of the new UK rap artist are not gonna go down as legends some probs won't even be relevant in the music seen in the next few years because they just aren't that good. The genre of UK rap I can't stand and I think is TRASH is UK drill the music is pure shit (my opinion) every beats sounds EXACTLY the same its like they all use the same drum kits, preset sounds and effects and all the rappers sound the same every track is about the same rubbish and they even use the same flow and even the music vids are all the same its like they have no character or something that makes them different plus the music ain't sending a positive message bare wet dons think they are gangsta know because they listen to a bit of drill.

I heard all of the hype behind "grime" heard some cyphers from some of the highly touted artists there. Upon listening, was impressed, quickly realized, they all sound the same... Guess it's not just the colored dread guys with this prob

Back