Openly gay rappers in hiphop !!!

TonyJuiceBox

So the title pretty much says it all. I am in no way a homophobe, but this has been irritating me a lil bit. Not the fact that there are openly gay rappers ( The guy from Lnhh on Vh1 ) but the fact that its not as discussed about as much as it should be. For instance YOUNG THUG CROSSDRESSES and Kayne wears skirts im not saying that it doesn't look dope cause i i actually think it looks tight but at the same time i wouldn't wear no gay ass shit like that lol . What do you guy and gals think about Openly gay rappers and artists in hiphop ???https://www.myflashstore.net/profile/79254-alante-bell

So the title pretty much says it all. I am in no way a homophobe, but this has been irritating me a lil bit. Not the fact that there are openly gay rappers ( The guy from Lnhh on Vh1 ) but the fact that its not as discussed about as much as it should be. For instance YOUNG THUG CROSSDRESSES and Kayne wears skirts im not saying that it doesn't look dope cause i i actually think it looks tight but at the same time i wouldn't wear no gay ass shit like that lol . What do you guy and gals think about Openly gay rappers and artists in hiphop ???https://www.myflashstore.net/profile/79254-alante-bell

I have no problem with it. There isn't anything that explicitly states that homosexuals are barred from hiphop-no matter what some '80's or '90's self-appointed gatekeeper of hiphop says on Vladtv. In fact, lesbian and bisexual rappers are pretty much standard for the female battle rap scene. The problem is hiphop's traditional embrace of hyper-masculinity, which is still pervasive even if the "gangsta" rapper persona has been pushed aside for a much less hardened image. Even though we now have Drake's, Kanye's and Kendrick's, the aggressively hetero-normative, hyper-masculine expectation is still a part of hiphop. Until we reject the notion that sexuality does not determine masculinity and vice-versa, "out" gay male emcees will continue to exist on the fringes of the genre.

These guys are not gay, its just that metro-sexuality is trendy right now. People will jump the bandwagon no matter how weird it is.

Thats the thing, we are in a "weird" age, in that its cool today to look like a weirdo, and do weirdo shit. Its a trend. Its all just for attention.

Last edited:
These guys are not gay, its just that metro-sexuality is trendy right now. People will jump the bandwagon no matter how weird it is.

Thats the thing, we are in a "weird" age, in that its cool today to look like a weirdo, and do weirdo shit. Its a trend. Its all just for attention.

Yeah i dont knpw about that bro, i think they might really be gay. I mean i get you on the whole weird generation thing but no straight man in his right mind would do some gay shit like that.

Personal opinions:

1) Being gay? We have too many people on this planet anyways. Adoptions go up I'm sure when there are more homosexual couples.

2) What they're wearing? Being able to express yourself in whatever way is very healthy for everyone. In a way it's art, because they're creating their own look. Some of it looks very odd, but to each their own. Personally I'm happy that people in the hip hop industry are "cross dressing" because more people will be themselves when they see them doing so. Leading to happier, healthier and more productive people.

Those are my 2 opinions :p

Personal opinions:

1) Being gay? We have too many people on this planet anyways. Adoptions go up I'm sure when there are more homosexual couples.

2) What they're wearing? Being able to express yourself in whatever way is very healthy for everyone. In a way it's art, because they're creating their own look. Some of it looks very odd, but to each their own. Personally I'm happy that people in the hip hop industry are "cross dressing" because more people will be themselves when they see them doing so. Leading to happier, healthier and more productive people.

Those are my 2 opinions :p

I never thought of it like that, you make some really nice points

All this shit ain't new. People just expressing themselves more. One point in time women were burned for having red hair. Shit evolves. Man been getting on with man since the dawn of time. I prefer this open kind of society as opposed to theocratic, fascist, authoritative and otherwise backwards societies where people get thrown in jail or even executed for who they have sex with. I couldn't care less about that.

Na I'm like this bout dudes like young thug.. They trying to act hard wearing women clothes? I'm mean are u for real? Cmon man bad enough dude be rapping like he's got a diick in his mouth.. BuT I personally think all this lgbt ish is getting way too much publicity.. If your gay or a tranny whatever, I personally don't care .. But when u all in the media throwing that shit up saying "I'm just expressing myself" then don't get mad when people like myself cut u the **** down.. All my real mutha****az know what I'm sayin

ppl care 2 much about this bullshit. Somebody comes out as gay or tranny or whatever, and ppl be like omg he's so brave, and other ppl be like hes a freak... Why even care at all? Not like you his best homie and u gon be hanging out... i srsly cannot comprehend how ppl can give a single tiniest **** about the personal life of someone they dont know

Na I'm like this bout dudes like young thug.. They trying to act hard wearing women clothes? I'm mean are u for real? Cmon man bad enough dude be rapping like he's got a diick in his mouth.. BuT I personally think all this lgbt ish is getting way too much publicity.. If your gay or a tranny whatever, I personally don't care .. But when u all in the media throwing that shit up saying "I'm just expressing myself" then don't get mad when people like myself cut u the **** down.. All my real mutha****az know what I'm sayin

I stopped watching TV mostly anyway. And deleted channels that full of bullshit. All my music come from apple music now. Direct to the point, only the shit I wanna hear. No patience no more for certain things. I can't understand why you can waste so much energy on that shit tho.

I don't spend energy tho.. We got the Hln network here at work so I have to hear this shit when I'm on break..my energy goes into makin jams homie.. This is a discussion and I'm discussing the matter

I think if gay/bi/tranny individuals weren't forced to keep their own culture a secret, than they probably would all look a little more normal. But since we all we're like, "HEY FAG **** YOUUUU!!!" They all went into hiding, and started doing their own shit. Then years later when they all came out, they all came out with their own style and culture completely different than our own.
None of us were prepared.

Idk, If I was a punk rocker, and I was forced into hiding, I'd probably get WAY MORE into punk rock and the whole look/lifestyle of it all.

I think if gay/bi/tranny individuals weren't forced to keep their own culture a secret, than they probably would all look a little more normal. But since we all we're like, "HEY FAG **** YOUUUU!!!" They all went into hiding, and started doing their own shit. Then years later when they all came out, they all came out with their own style and culture completely different than our own.
None of us were prepared.

Idk, If I was a punk rocker, and I was forced into hiding, I'd probably get WAY MORE into punk rock and the whole look/lifestyle of it all.

This post is real ish right there. I think your are absolutely right. The more the culture is bashed, the stronger and more unified it will get, and when it is released its like it explodes in everyones faces.

I have no problems with people's choice of sexual orientation. But dudes rocking women's clothes and acting hard is just weird man, in any era.

Last edited:
that "best friend" video with young thug is wierd....the beginning where theres a dudes face on the girls....its like ....WOW...

you think wearing leggings and kids dresses looks dope? ok...you're entitled to your opinion yeah..I feel they shouldn't be persecuted despite how I or anyone else may feel...because to be honest, gay rappers have been in hiphop..just on the down low..people can't honestly believe none of your favourite rappers is a closeted homosexual..anyway..

Back