Oldskool R&B

graceboi

What's good folks. Was wondering if anybody here make them Oldsckool R&B anymore? I'm referring to songs like Tender Love, and bands like Boy 2 Men, All 4 One etc.

All I'm hearing these days are too much electronic. Where are the musicians at???

Well do u know about Foreign exchange?

Or Adiran may be your speed, a little old though:

Last edited:
Those are nice as well but not really my type. I prefer songs that has piano, electric piano, bells, crystals, gliding basslines, moog lead etc. Slow and romantic. Anything that is like Boy 2 Men and All 4 One. I mean like real singing. Back up vocal harmonies. The ones you posted are more like Usher and B2K and them. A little quite sexual. I like something like these here...

Last edited:
Nah you're good. There are different type of R&B and I just prefer the old kind. When music really existed! They don't make music like that anymore.

Last edited:
1990s r&b ain't really that old in terms of r&b.:cool:

But all that matters is what that period meant to you.

One for the road:

Yeah true. That one sounds like classical style. I'm more into the melodic progression type. Somehow I just never moved by classical music, I don't know why. I like classical/urban and contemporary music if it's worship stuff but when it comes to Soul and R&B I like tuney and luvy dovey song. I like songs that are mostly written in 4/4 beat around 60 BPM. M1 piano, electric piano, bells, crystals etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard of him. He got some good songs. But he's more like B2K, Houston and them folks. I'm more obsessed with the other romantic ones. Listen to these Korean songs. These are what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
i don't really consider all-4-one and boyz ii men oldskool rnb. to me that's isaac hayes, marvin gaye, temptations, basically motown stax volt etc.

Back