New Usher written by neyo

i'm sick of it,neyo doesn't really have a signature sound,it's more like an annoying remix of the same damn beat EVERY TIME.i think neyo's ill with the lyrics but he NEEDS a new producer.

chilla2 said:
i'm sick of it,neyo doesn't really have a signature sound,it's more like an annoying remix of the same damn beat EVERY TIME.i think neyo's ill with the lyrics but he NEEDS a new producer.

Remix to what song?

all neyo's songs pretty much sound like a remix to .... um. i think it was his second single.same guitar,prolly hittin 1 or 2 of the same notes and the same lyric arrangement,he's very flat.

he had 2 singles 1 from his first album and the other from his second that used the same instrument maybe thats y they sounded the same... i think it was a harp or some type of rhode piano or somethin... but his album has some records that were nice tho

chilla2 said:
all neyo's songs pretty much sound like a remix to .... um. i think it was his second single.same guitar,prolly hittin 1 or 2 of the same notes and the same lyric arrangement,he's very flat.

I dont hear the guitar, I hear piano, synth, and choir-ish type stuff. I feel you on the lyrical arrangement part. I kind of like this song. You not feeling the way usher singing it?

yea i aint knockin his album,but when you hear a song he wrote you can point it out easily,but not in a good way.

Yeah i feel what u sayin bout ne-yo. all of his joints are kinda in the same range. now that you mention him, this sounds like somethin he would sing himself. he's a good writer though

You can also tell when the Dream, Johnta Austin, and Tank wrote for an artist. It's called having a sound. Sexy Love doesn't sound like Unfaithful, which doesn't sound like the stuff he did for Mary, which doesn't sound like the stuff he did for Janet. Maybe you should do a more thorough look at his discography before you claim he is just doin the same thing.

Plus if you're tired of hearing the same beat blame Stargate, even though I don't exactly know how this is the same as their other work. Ne-Yo last I checked did not make the music.

Last edited:
Neyo has his own "sound" but in a bad way(to me) it's like oooh that's neyo,and you're not gonna get something new cuz there's only so many things that his songs are about,they all have the same groove in the production area.Like when lionel richie came out with that song that sounded EXACTLY like a neyo song,people thought it was him,but that's not good cuz someone could emulate his sound so seamlessly

chilla2 said:
Neyo has his own "sound" but in a bad way(to me) it's like oooh that's neyo,and you're not gonna get something new cuz there's only so many things that his songs are about,they all have the same groove in the production area.Like when lionel richie came out with that song that sounded EXACTLY like a neyo song,people thought it was him,but that's not good cuz someone could emulate his sound so seamlessly

Not really cause everyone is gonna go specifically to Ne-Yo for that sound. It's the same way, as many Swizz imitators there were back in the late 90's, if you wanted that Swizz sound, you went to him. If you develop something that is popular, people are gonna want that. So you can fight against it or you can give them what they want. The only reason why you look at it like a Ne-Yo song is because he's an artist. If he was someone strictly behind the scenes you wouldn't look at it like that IMO.

Neyo wrote to the left for Beyonce you couldn't point that out as Neyos sound. Dude is a hell of a writer.

respns

chilla2 said:
im no neyo lover but that signature sound has made him rich, filthy rich,....

I think we found that small percentage of people that don't like Neyo's music. I'm sure after I post this, I'll hear even more of it lol.

But the truth is, yeah every song that neyo's done lyrics on I've been able to pick it out. Also, if no one has noticed this track is a cousin of "Unfaithful." Lyrically it could even be the track that follows Unfaithful and continues the story and switches the point of view in the following relationship haha.

Either way, I love his style as do most people who buy RNB albums (fact, not opinion...sales haha) But I'm not sayin to like him cuz of his sales...

I first heard neyo when we was opening for Kanye before his first album. I loved all of his songs. I think he is a lyrical genius. On top of that he tends to write his songs in under 15 minutes. I think he's like Jay-Z in a sense just always walking around writing music in his head and then when it comes time to do work he already has millions of metaphores and rhymes to pick out.

But ya know...Neyo isn't the only writer I can pick out...everyone knows when the Dream writes a song..."Umbrella" (Ella Ella Ella), "Bed" (bed bed bed beh eh ed) "Shawty is a Teen" (Shawty is a teen AGE, a teen AGE, Shawty is a teen Age a teen AGE) "Falsetto" (ohh ohh baby ah ah ah ohhh) lol

It's great to have a signature. You get known that way. I personally am not attracted to The Dreams style, but hey it works.

NoVA Entertainment said:
I think we found that small percentage of people that don't like Neyo's music. I'm sure after I post this, I'll hear even more of it lol.

But the truth is, yeah every song that neyo's done lyrics on I've been able to pick it out. Also, if no one has noticed this track is a cousin of "Unfaithful." Lyrically it could even be the track that follows Unfaithful and continues the story and switches the point of view in the following relationship haha.

Either way, I love his style as do most people who buy RNB albums (fact, not opinion...sales haha) But I'm not sayin to like him cuz of his sales...

I first heard neyo when we was opening for Kanye before his first album. I loved all of his songs. I think he is a lyrical genius. On top of that he tends to write his songs in under 15 minutes. I think he's like Jay-Z in a sense just always walking around writing music in his head and then when it comes time to do work he already has millions of metaphores and rhymes to pick out.

But ya know...Neyo isn't the only writer I can pick out...everyone knows when the Dream writes a song..."Umbrella" (Ella Ella Ella), "Bed" (bed bed bed beh eh ed) "Shawty is a Teen" (Shawty is a teen AGE, a teen AGE, Shawty is a teen Age a teen AGE) "Falsetto" (ohh ohh baby ah ah ah ohhh) lol

It's great to have a signature. You get known that way. I personally am not attracted to The Dreams style, but hey it works.

PREACH TO THE CONGREGATION BROTHER!!!:victory:

Back