New Names For This EDM TRAP FAD!!!!!!

901_Rice_Street

Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
Let's find a new name for this so we don't get it confused with real trap music. I see now too many people want to mix some 808's and snare rolls and some "what....what..what" with some "whoop...whoop..whoop..whoop......Curly from Three Stooges sounds and shit. I'm really not trying to shit on this comical version of trap.............so lets give it a new name so I won't be disappointed when I see the name and it sounds like a mix of some terrible Skrillex impersonation and trap drums. PLEASE!!!!

Please............because 90% of it has nothing to do with trap musically.

Thank you for your support!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......let....me....just....see...something real quick.

Yep....I guessed it.

And the sad thing is this shit passes as trap also. smh!

Last edited:
stop hating brah, obviously these house producers aint got shit on hip hop beats but the idea is fair for producers to expand their sounds.. in a few years most of the wack trap producers will give up and be shelved next to the soundclick producers...

the word hate really needs to be toned down on this site i see true actual hate maybe 10 percent of the time

I just HATE how all this dance music and shit makes its way to the hiphop/rap section.
We be talkin about that beeber boy up in here and shit. might as well call this the random dance and shit section.

stop hating brah

Hating? Let's see......

That's consider trap right?

You can vogue to that other shit................we will call it vogue music.

I tell you what's going on..............you MFers always complaining about 808s.......this is yall revenge!!! We will mock trap music.......use no booming 808s in our music.......use loud ass heavy reverb kicks...........mock those low life trap Mfers by using chants........and best of all we will call it trap too. Yall ain't slick......and you knew others who love biting would bite along with it. It's a conspiracy like the illuminati and shit.

That music is rated G. I can see Care Bears dancing around to EDM Trap. It's like your momma and daddy won't allow you to listen to real trap.....so this is the music they are O.K with. It's like the "this is your brain on drugs" version of trap music. It's like Trap music is the crack...and EDM Trap is the affects of being on crack.

So hence forth.....I will call it......Vogue music.

For those that didn't get the twisted humor of these beats

Maybe you get it now. But damn.....since then shit has gone from 808s to loud as Danga drums and shit. smh........and it's still called trap.......because it has a Brostep drop.

Speaking of brostep......I apologize to dubstep artist now who call that other shit brostep. I feel your pain now.

Last edited:
It really shouldn't be that serious Rice.....if you actually listen to it you can understand why it's referred to as trapstep/trapstlye........ Just dubstep or hardstyle with some elements of a trap type beat mixed into it. Simple

^^^^^Yeah..........but I've been hearing alot of of "trapstyle" stuff with no trap elements.........being called trap music. Which is my point. It sounds like "trapstyle" without the trap elements.........and people go "WOW....THIS TRAP BEAT IS AWESOME.........".

Another thing is the amount of hell people give "real trap" music. I would think if "trapstyle" is from trap...people wouldn't shit so hard on "real trap". It brings a crowd in to try and say what's good or not when they don't know nothing about it. "Hey buddy...that music suucks man...you need to listen to real trap music....that music doesn't have any drops in it....also it has 808 booms in it...and it just loops itself over and over.......that's boring.....this is real trap......(woopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................{total silence then random southern dude from a vocal soundpack be like}......................let's do it.....boop...boop pat LET'S DO IT....baboop pat LET's DO IT.)

I understand it's fun to make and people enjoy listening to it. That's why I'm not shitting on it all the way.............they just need to change the name. That way I can bypass it. You see....these sites like Rocbattle and other beat selling sites are going to be filled with it.........

...........hmmmmmmmmmm.................you know what....yall can keep the name. lol!

Last edited:
Please get Trapstyle right though, its much different than EDM trap

Trapstyle: Trap music mixed with a combination of Hardstyle music elements (EX. Flosstradamus).

^^^^^Yeah..........but I've been hearing alot of of "trapstyle" stuff with no trap elements.........being called trap music. Which is my point. It sounds like "trapstyle" without the trap elements.........and people go "WOW....THIS TRAP BEAT IS AWESOME.........".

Another thing is the amount of hell people give "real trap" music. I would think if "trapstyle" is from trap...people wouldn't shit so hard on "real trap". It brings a crowd in to try and say what's good or not when they don't know nothing about it. "Hey buddy...that music suucks man...you need to listen to real trap music....that music doesn't have any drops in it....also it has 808 booms in it...and it just loops itself over and over.......that's boring.....this is real trap......(woopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................{total silence then random southern dude from a vocal soundpack be like}......................let's do it.....boop...boop pat LET'S DO IT....baboop pat LET's DO IT.)

I understand it's fun to make and people enjoy listening to it. That's why I'm not shitting on it all the way.............they just need to change the name. That way I can bypass it. You see....these sites like Rocbattle and other beat selling sites are going to be filled with it.........

...........hmmmmmmmmmm.................you know what....yall can keep the name. lol!

Since you put it that way I guess I can understand it, that would tick me off a little bit too hearing some random raver call anything other than trap "real trap"

It's the equivalent of Eminem stans talking about hip-hop when the only rapper they have ever heard is Eminem

Cool.....................well...............I told yall from the beginning. Trap music.....the one that doesn't have a got damn step or style or edm or house or whatever......needs to be what it was suppose to be called before the same time people that named it trap got involved. And that is "Dirty South music". I'm cool with that....that's what it should be anyway. And that trapstep, edm, or whatever don't sound like no south shit.....so keep it. Have fun.

Something gots to give. Put an end to all this internet sensation shit.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Since you put it that way I guess I can understand it, that would tick me off a little bit too hearing some random raver call anything other than trap "real trap"

That's what I'm saying. I'm seeing too much of that. And now I come in this thread to find there are different subs of it now. So what happens......like dubstep.........is someone else is going to find someway to make a trap something from the other traps that have nothing to do with trap music.

I would be O.K if the trap wasn't in the name. I like some of the stuff out there. But it's soft when I see the name trap......no matter what it's mixed with.

And people just don't get it. Others are only excited about it because others are excited about it....so they don't know any better but to call it what they see all over the place.

But yet people are shitting on "real trap" music like we need to hear their explaination of why it's not good....and tell me an EDM song as an example of what sounds good when it comes to trap. I've seen too much of that shit.

Telling yall man.....before the smart phones and people having computers......somebody could add rock guitars to a trap beat without calling it "traprock". Then somebody does "traprock" but it sounds more like rocktrap.

Last edited:
I agree, people should not be calling that shit Trap music, but that's what happens, ignorant newbies have a tendency to redefine shit they know nothing about until the bastardization falls into common usage, such as 808, DAW, Hater, Old School and now Trap.

Welcome to the south..... of the US.

^^^^^EDM Trap?

^^^^EDM Trap? lol! Yall got to help me out....I'm getting old.....so Luke might just be a sample to search for. See...I'm cool with that being EDM Trap.

It's shit like this

Ain't nothing about that shit trap. lmao! Yall cut it out. It's dope......but once you put trap on the name....it cuts down on the dopeness....now it's in a category it can't fuuck with.

It ain't Just Blaze fault people say shit just to be talking.......but he will eat all of it up and go with the flow.

BTW......Luke is slaughtering both them shits....real talk! That's what hip hop is missing. A hype man!

Last edited:
Everything is Trap now and Step. There are like hundreds of "insert name" steps, dub step, hard step, soft step, sweet step, sour step, bitter step, etc etc. Yet they all sound the same to me :bigeyes:

LOL

The old trap sound was weak compared to today's stuff. Lex Luger really invented the modern day trap sound. EDM producers just upped the swag of that sound and made it hotter.

I don't see the reason for the tension. All the old trap fans can listen to 10 year old T.I. albums if they want. The younger sound is for younger or liver people. Let the new trap have its reign. No more hating or sneak dissin' or crying.

^^^^you missed the point trying to be funny. It turns from being good to being some poser shit when you try and use the name "trap" to credit an experimental work. That ain't sneak dissing...I'll tell a person to they face the same way if they came to me and said..."check out my trap beat" and it sounds like some shit Justin Bieber would moonwalk to. Because I'm expecting to hear some trap shit. It's like baking a regular yellow cake, putting sprinkles on it, and saying "here....taste my triple chocolate cake. YOU....would be like...."OH THIS TASTE GREAT....." take a slice to some other people and say "check out this triple chocolate cake"......then it gets to me I laugh and say.."this ain't no MFing chocolate cake...ain't no chocolate on it"................<<<<<(that hating ass MFer....us new bakers are changing the game with this triple chocolate cake and they don't like chocolate....fuuck em.)

The funny thing about your post is 90% of people who make trap[insert] don't know who Lex Luger is............they have posters of Skrillex on their wall though.

Fuuck yo puss ass trap. Dirty south shit run shit.......posers! I drive a 98.......but I feel like I woke up..........

Last edited:
We can have the same argument about rap though.

You had true rappers and nowadays a lot of those new cats are not rapping in its traditional sense. And yet they are still called rappers...

;)

edit: I understand your concern though, but honestly I don't care about the name, I really think that it will get sorted out after a while, the whole thing is in its infancy... might die next month

Last edited:
^^^^^here is something to think about though......people turned hip hop into some kind of word playing, scientific figure out the clues quick or you don't know what's really going on in my lyrics type genre.....define it as "hip hop" and anything other than that is not hip hop. But the 80s came before their era......yet that type of hip hop is all that gets stuck in people's head. So it's pretty much the same thing.........that ain't real hip hop.....it needs a new name also.

That's hip hop........Nas is rap. Trap music is more hip hop than that Nas shit. Hell......trap[insert] sounds more like earlier hip hop than trap.

And I wouldn't want it to fade out too fast or at all.......just needs a new name.

Last edited:
Back