New Drake album

...hence the title of the album aimed at Birdman. But, I don't really see him going anywhere in Wayne doesn't make moves first.
If he has a 5 album deal for example, he should be ghost after the "album drops." I don't see why he would follow Wayne, because its probably harder for Wayne to get out his deal.

If Drake is about to be a free agent I would anticipate one of the biggest bidding wars in recent music history. At this point in his career he doesn't need a middle-man, he can go straight Universal, Sony, etc. I mean he just did 500,000 + with no promo dropping on a Thurs.

And honestly I don't even know why he would sign anything other than a distribution deal at this point. I mean what can a label do for him that he can't do for his self?

If he has a 5 album deal for example, he should be ghost after the "album drops." I don't see why he would follow Wayne, because its probably harder for Wayne to get out his deal.

If Drake is about to be a free agent I would anticipate one of the biggest bidding wars in recent music history. At this point in his career he doesn't need a middle-man, he can go straight Universal, Sony, etc. I mean he just did 500,000 + with no promo dropping on a Thurs.

And honestly I don't even know why he would sign anything other than a distribution deal at this point. I mean what can a label do for him that he can't do for his self?

You need to log off this site and go manage son right now!

This was a dope album from Drake, can't compare it to Take Care. And honestly this album sounds better than his last album in my opinion. We can't say if he will have more singles from "If youre reading this..." but I feel it is a better album. His bars seem more serious this time.

Right, he should go independent.

Last edited by a moderator:

So who exactly is Drake dissing in "6 God"?

It could be Diddy since they got into it a while back. But it could be a bunch of other rappers that were hot in the 2000s that have been taking shots at him. Beanie Sigel, DMX, Common, and a few other cats been hating on Drake.

So who exactly is Drake dissing in "6 God"?

It could be Diddy since they got into it a while back. But it could be a bunch of other rappers that were hot in the 2000s that have been taking shots at him. Beanie Sigel, DMX, Common, and a few other cats been hating on Drake.

The line where he is talmbout act your age and not your girl's age is a shot at Tyga (25 years old) dating one of those Jenners (17 years old).

Production was good, incredible at times. Vocal performance didn't impress me at all. I hate the "I made it so I don't have to try anymore flow."

I've finally got to listen to this album. Not impressed. Half of the songs seemed like rough draft and skeletons that were never completed.

Back