New Drake album

It's a mixtape. He got a couple tracks on there, but u can tell it ain't a album project.

Sh_t he'll prob go platinum off a mixtape.

He sounds unsatisfied and depressed. He brags about his accomplishments but still seems to be lacking something. I hope he does something different for his album. This mixtape was uninspiring and whiny.

I agree, it was a little underwhelming but I believe he only put it on iTunes so he could get out of his 4 album contract with young money, that's why it is called "If You're Reading This It's Too Late", that message is aimed at his label. So it is essentially a mixtape, he might not have even released it if he didn't have to, but who knows.

I agree, it was a little underwhelming but I believe he only put it on iTunes so he could get out of his 4 album contract with young money, that's why it is called "If You're Reading This It's Too Late", that message is aimed at his label. So it is essentially a mixtape, he might not have even released it if he didn't have to, but who knows.

That is pure speculation. Lil Wayne could have just dropped random albums on iTunes to get out of his contract if he wanted.

Last edited:

Record contracts don't work like that.

Otherwise, an artist could just turn in 5 albums at one time, and be out of their contract.

Gauging you guys responses, I don't really listen to Drake a lot but my boy played me a few joints "Energy" and "6pm" They both were grade A in my book. I plan on dropping my first project soon and I def want to top this but damn those 2 joints I heard where fire. Drake really has my attention right now. Rick

I prefer 2008-2011 drake because his tracks used to sound like a less experimental version of flying lotus, and his lyrics used to sound like storyboards for films.

him and wayne had collabs back then i like, like ransom and that other song they did with the soul sample.

yall will realize someday, he never was that good...just a bunch of hype. He dont have anything to rap about....he grew up in canada....get real.

What happened is what always happen. You can hear a rapper coming up how hungry he is, you can hear he puts his all into his work, but as soon he gets on the top and get fed, the hunger is gone, thereby the passion fades and every track are beginning to sound less powerfull than it used to.

It happens to almost everyone.

Quiet Storm 2.0;49884864[B said:
]yall will realize someday, he never was that good...just a bunch of hype. [/B]He dont have anything to rap about....he grew up in canada....get real.
That's just absurd. I ain't claiming he's the best, but he's is talented. He has released some classic material.

I don't like his flow on this mixtape (I do like the beats though), its like he stuck on the started from the bottom/worst behavior flow where he's talking sh_t but its too corny to believe.

I sure the album will be better, but selling 500,000 in three days off a b-side mixtape is crazy in this day in age.
AllHipHop » Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Expected To Open With Huge Sales Numbers

Record contracts don't work like that.

Otherwise, an artist could just turn in 5 albums at one time, and be out of their contract.

I def want to do more research on this since your point makes great sense, but I've read that everyone from David Bowie to 2Pac to Selena Gomez released albums in order to get out of contracts. David Bowie and Selena's were in order to satisfy Greatest Hits albums as part of their contracts.

I def want to do more research on this since your point makes great sense, but I've read that everyone from David Bowie to 2Pac to Selena Gomez released albums in order to get out of contracts. David Bowie and Selena's were in order to satisfy Greatest Hits albums as part of their contracts.
There is a story about how Miles Davis recorded nearly five albums worth of material in nearly a week's time to get out of his contract. This became the basis of the Prestige collection of albums.

he went mad minimal with this tape.. alotta people didn't feel the beats... i'm not sure why.. his beats usually have that feel .. but this tape lacked in that department

Youtube gettin' gangsta with Drake's album! They aren't even deleting videos. They are just muting videos of songs that were uploaded. This is hilarious!

Back