Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nas - Daughters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Nas - Daughters

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Like the idea can't say I like the hook. I think considering the subject matter he could have cleaned up the hook. Too many times I've seen good songs ruined with unnecessary curse words. I think he will lose potential earnings because of it.

    "Shit for Ni99az with daughters..." Really? This is for brothas with daughters...more marketable. God knows he could use the extra money to pay the IRS and his child support.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,933
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One of those occasions where a rapper should be in the background softly and a male vocalist is killing the chorus. Now it sounds less than some loss tape stuff. It has no imagination for the topic. Girls in the background singing.....cool......dude singing his heart out for his daughter singing in the background....priceless. IMO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta via North TX
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Incredible....sounds like an anthem.

    ---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FeloneusSupremeProd View Post
    Like the idea can't say I like the hook. I think considering the subject matter he could have cleaned up the hook. Too many times I've seen good songs ruined with unnecessary curse words. I think he will lose potential earnings because of it.

    "Shit for Ni99az with daughters..." Really? This is for brothas with daughters...more marketable. God knows he could use the extra money to pay the IRS and his child support.



    You're actually right. They changed the lyrics for the Official Version.


    Rap Radar :: New Music: Nas “Daughters”
    Production Credits: E! Television (True Hollywood Story/TV Specials/Untold Story of Jason Derulo), Syfy (Insane or Inspired), A List Listings www.DesmondA.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love the concept and lyrics hit home for anyone who has a daughter. Just feel like there is a place for cursin your ass off...but not songs like this. I'll check the other version out.

    ---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond *A* View Post
    Incredible....sounds like an anthem.

    ---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------





    You're actually right. They changed the lyrics for the Official Version.


    Rap Radar :: New Music: Nas “Daughters”
    Thanks. Yes indeed much better!
    Last edited by FeloneusSupremeProd; 04-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta via North TX
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FeloneusSupremeProd View Post
    Love the concept and lyrics hit home for anyone who has a daughter. Just feel like there is a place for cursin your ass off...other then there are songs like this. I'll check the other version out.

    ---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------



    Thanks. Yes indeed much better!
    Yea, this version can actually be a big hit.
    Production Credits: E! Television (True Hollywood Story/TV Specials/Untold Story of Jason Derulo), Syfy (Insane or Inspired), A List Listings www.DesmondA.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great song. Could be a cool father daughter wedding song.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,140
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Classic anthem type shit, almost like "I know I can."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great track & I really like the concept too

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •