Be a MUSIC PRODUCER NOT A HIP-HOP BEATMAKER

When I first saw the thread title I was like:

Even+though+I+m+a+metalhead+I+agree+_05c1320032ece5240391935695bcf28a.jpg

Than I heard the track and I was like:

ed-lover-cmonson.jpg

Last edited:
I am from Nigeria and would like to pay you the sum of $1,000,000 for your remix of Katy Perry song. I can pay you in chickens and gold and akai lpk25's (black keys are all missing, sorry). Please contact me @ facebook.com/liquidines so we can discuss further.

xoxo
WTF how did I miss this? Classic.

^^^^What kinda chickens we talkin bout????
Wait for it
I am not sure what kind of chickens they are, but I gathered them from the streets in Puerto Rico. They are strong and put up a good fight.
Sounds like my kind a chickens!
Sounds tasty...
lmao
One of the best FP exchanges in a while!

I am from Nigeria and would like to pay you the sum of $1,000,000 for your remix of Katy Perry song. I can pay you in chickens and gold and akai lpk25's (black keys are all missing, sorry). Please contact me @ facebook.com/liquidines so we can discuss further.

xoxo
nigga stop fronting i am real nigerian and i can tell you how real OG fraudsters do their shit

first a real OG fraud will send you a fake name, pic, and address after that he will tell you to go to said address and decorate some bedroom and make it look like a corporate office. after you two have exchange bank accounts he's off to next city to catch the next sucka and you wont be seeing that nigga no moe

so the key to being a successful music producer and not just a hip-hop beat maker
is to remake a section of the intro to a hit pop song's beat.

see this is the type of stuff I need to be learning.

nigga stop fronting i am real nigerian and i can tell you how real OG fraudsters do their shit

first a real OG fraud will send you a fake name, pic, and address after that he will tell you to go to said address and decorate some bedroom and make it look like a corporate office. after you two have exchange bank accounts he's off to next city to catch the next sucka and you wont be seeing that nigga no moe

You think Liquid Lines is the name on my birth certificate? I'm OG.

And I'm not trying to scam anybody. Just trying to get that fire beat in the first post. Nigerian bastard.

Yo, every time this gets brought up, whoever brings it up damn near gets flamed. This is an important topic though! Forget about the messenger, what about the message? I think alot of cats are jus salty cus they either too scared to branch out or they simply lack the talent at the moment. Either way, if you critiquing the OP, what are you doing to be a PRODUCER and not just the guy or gal who sits behind a computer screen making beats all day? We in a new world y'all, 'beat makers' come a dime a dozen so how are YOU gonna diversify and stand apart from the crowd? Hate mail in 3....2......1......

But whats the difference between a producer and a guy sitting at his computer making beats all day?

You know what, let me slightly change up my stance. Sitting infront of a computer all day doesn't make you a 'beat maker', you would still be a producer. The problem is that the market is over saturated with producers who only produce 'beats'. The job of a PRODUCER is to do whatever it takes to make a song a finished product, they may not compose, arrange or program but if they don't, they always have people around them that can do the job extremely well (ex. Dr. Dre or Diddy). With that being said, there are 3 types of producers: producers who work on 'beats', producers who work on vocals and producers who do both. Producers who work with artists to get the most out of their vocal performance AND do what ever it takes to get the best out of the 'beat' usually have the most pull because they have more interaction with the artist and know how to craft a hit for an artist instead of playing the guessing game and haphazardly sending the artist tracks. That type of producer is an asset in Hip-Hop because for every one of them there is atleast 20 producers that just make beats

I see nothing wrong with specializing, If you know you have strengths in one particular genre and you focus on getting better there, isn't that better than being mediocre in multiple fields?

If your only goal is to be a great beat producer that is fine. Not everyone has what it takes for other types of production. My girl was a TV producer and when I told her about my idea of "production" she laughed her ass off. They do sooooooo much more than the average guy making beats. It inspired to me step out from behind the desk and be more hands on with my music. Only good things have happpened since then. Stupid stuff like going to a party and meeting other professionals can be classified as production.

I see nothing wrong with specializing, If you know you have strengths in one particular genre and you focus on getting better there, isn't that better than being mediocre in multiple fields?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being mediocre.

It takes work to be mediocre. Most people don't put in the work so they are flat out terrible. At least mediocrity shows effort. Of course it is better to be the best or great at something, but mediocre people get along just fine in this world.

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being mediocre.

It takes work to be mediocre. Most people don't put in the work so they are flat out terrible. At least mediocrity shows effort. Of course it is better to be the best or great at something, but mediocre people get along just fine in this world.

If you know what mediocre is defined as it mentions nothing of work as it is an adjective describing a lack of quality. I hate people who settle for mediocrity in anything especially life.

Y'all know the type, making hip-hop beatzzz, yo i make beatz lol fuk outahere

you need to make all genres that are POPULAR

I'm making pop now too, just remade this katy perry song in 20 minutes

Making a beat in more than one genre dosnt make you a producer, it just makes you a beat maker in more than one genre.

a producer is different, he dosnt "make beats" he manages the production of everthing that goes into making the song/album (personnel,time and money management, etc.). Just as if a film producer dosnt act in the actual film, he just manages the production as a whole

Back