Moving to Atlanta in September (ATL Natives Help Me Out!)

imma roll with a 22lr if anything. More quiet than larger rounds, can get in close without having to worry about much spray back, etc

Last edited:
you sound scared what you so nervous for lol i have never seen someone so scared of the enviroment there thinkin of moving to have you even been to atlanta?

I couldn't resist:

But seriously, the Atl (which we called it when I lived there) ain't no diff from any other "urban" American city.
Be smart, go about yo business, and you'll be cool. Don't over think it. :cool:

Man I go to school at GA State right in Atlanta, use to ride MARTA all the time, sometimes late....I never saw anything extraordinary except a bum peeing on the seats, thats about it

I will say this tho, at school they always send out alerts whenever students get robbed or threatened by some dumbass, happens a few times a month but mostly to kids that walk around with their phones and ipads all in the open, just keep your shit outta site and you'll be fine

just move there, be yourself.. find a good place, make yoursef comfortable so when the next fool move in you wont be the new fool no more.. sounds so easy right? i lived all over america even japan JUST DO IT, dont worry so much and really tho GOOD LUCK.. my Detroit homie said he was living in the A and said it can be crazy just like the D. (just like anywhere else) but dont worry.. its good you got time and your asking questions!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

PS.. Im not from Atlanta so I dont know if you want my opinion acroding to your thread title.

but i think you will be ok. just truely be yourself and nothing else. im trying to give you positive vibes.

I have only drivin thru and made stops in the city. it was cool, you could tell your surroundings just be cool, be yourself, nothing to it. Traffic was the second worse i have exspirecned second to Chicago.

Listen, Atlanta is fine. Crime is everywhere, ya not even gonna think about it, if ya busy following ya goals. You will meet a lot of like minded people tryna reach the same goals you are. Just be smart, like you would anywhere. 9 out of 10 times crime happens to people who are up to no good, and don't use their brain. Maybe the problem ya having is you don't really wanna leave home, you gotta just do it, and rip the band aid off, or you will regret it. But, don't think as Atlanta as ya only option, unless you really wanna go, music/audio schools are everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't live there now but I was born and have visited there enough to know Dusted Vinyl hit it on the head. Regardless of color, if you're looking for trouble you're going to find it in any city. Contrary to the internet, this isn't all of Atlanta lol...turn the youtube videos off

It sounds like you need to visit the city for a longer period of time and get a better grasp of what you're moving to. This is true for any city:

Don't walk downtown alone regardless of how bad ass you feel
Don't buy drugs from people you don't know
Don't hang out with people who have less to lose than you.
Do make friends with your neighbors(school should help you out with this one)
Check-in with your fam/peoples at home on a regular basis but not too much that you're not living in the new place so if something DOES happen, they'll know its weird you haven't called...

9/10 if you're minding your business and don't ACT LIKE YOU'RE SCARED you won't create situations that end badly. The fact that you're paranoid enough to want a piece, reminds me of the Trayvon Martin situation.

As a 6'3" dude who's lived in the South all my life I'm more afraid of a short, scared white dude with a gun who's about to make things akward as I pass him by the ATM to my car than a fat drunk redneck who's yelling the N-word from across the parking lot. Atleast one you know to avoid/ignore, while the first is unaware what they're capable of.

Last edited:
Go head lil bro n move to the A and pursue your dream. I would def. say you should get your own transportation especially if you're gonna be hitting the studios. It can get a little crazy down town so I would suggest moving somewhere like Marrietta or Stone Mountain. Stone Mountain is out a little bit but it's not as fast as the downtown area and it's cheaper.

I thought Decatur was a good area? And yeah, I mean I just wanna be able to get to SAE easily, and also to all the studios in the area so I can drop by all the time asking for internships/dropping off beat CDs. I don't think Im gonna have a car. My mom wants to give me hers to take down there, but I dont wanna do that to her and plan on using Marta/my feet lol

DOWNTOWN Decatur

sounds good everyone...i was sure i didnt have much to worry about but man i seen mfs on city-data talkin like you gonna get robbed every time u step foot in public lol. Im gonna try and get into the program that starts june 25th im about to take a trip out next month.

I wasnt ****in with that trouble vid....thought that shit was kinda wack maybe if it had a better mix itd be better lol

@stupiddope its like any college you gotta REALLY want to do what u wanna do n be the best at it cause the diploma/degree doesnt guarantee shit

Last edited:
As a 6'3" dude who's lived in the South all my life I'm more afraid of a short, scared white dude with a gun who's about to make things akward as I pass him by the ATM to my car than a fat drunk redneck who's yelling the N-word from across the parking lot. Atleast one you know to avoid/ignore, while the first is unaware what they're capable of.
truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

lol damn how do you get beat up by a crackhead though...lol dude said the police kept it movin that mf was like man lemme keep goin and call for back up before i respond to this.

i was sure i didnt have much to worry about but man i seen mfs on city-data talkin like you gonna get robbed every time u step foot in public lol.

The last place you want to get a everyday street perspective of a city you're not familiar with is city-data

man u sound like a scared muthaf**cka..im white, used to go to the hood every day back when i was doing heroin everyday for a year and a half straight. never ran into any probelms at all. U just gotta know how to be, and think twice before u take someones life with those "pieces ur talking about..u do that and u will have a problem. They will make ur punk ass move out.

@Legal i figured....

man u sound like a scared muthaf**cka..im white, used to go to the hood every day back when i was doing heroin everyday for a year and a half straight. never ran into any probelms at all. U just gotta know how to be, and think twice before u take someones life with those "pieces ur talking about..u do that and u will have a problem. They will make ur punk ass move out.

lol.

yall think I sound scared go read some of that shit on city data. If I was scared I wouldnt be going. I don't really care what a bunch of people on here THINK they know about me though lol.

I was just tryna get a feel from some locals on if they roll strapped or not what the police are like etc.....just asking normal questions. MFs always wanna come and make them selves look like bad asses and say someone else is scared.

woooo you were a dope fiend and went to go cop a bag aint no smart dboy gonna rob a ****in JUNKIE they just want you to keep comin back

Last edited:
@Legal i figured....

lol.

yall think I sound scared go read some of that shit on city data. If I was scared I wouldnt be going. I don't really care what a bunch of people on here THINK they know about me though lol.

I was just tryna get a feel from some locals on if they roll strapped or not what the police are like etc.....just asking normal questions. MFs always wanna come and make them selves look like bad asses and say someone else is scared.

woooo you were a dope fiend and went to go cop a bag aint no smart dboy gonna rob a ****in JUNKIE they just want you to keep comin back
thats not a normal question thats a scared ass never left the gated community question

thats not a normal question thats a scared ass never left the gated community question

Lol, no it's not but you can think what you want. I def dont live in a gated community and my family is far from rich. Far from being even "well off". We are low low middle class if you can even call it that but ay you know all about me from some posts on a forum.

Just cause someone caries or is willing to carry a gun does not make them scared lol

Last edited:
Back