The Most Consumed Music Genre In The U.S.

It is on a worldwide basis too, I think. It's by far the genre with the widest spread at least. No matter where you go, India, Africa, Europe, Asia.. you'll find people listening and doing hiphop.

Interesting...I would have thought yes on a global scale but in the US alone I thought it would have been country music. They always seem to win the talent shows on TV and hip-hop seems to be more of a genre that has always resonated more with the minority demographics...glad to hear it's reaching more people.

*And congrats on mod status OG haven't logged on for a while so I must have missed the party but keep on keeping on glad to see your quality posting efforts have been recognized!

Last edited:
*And congrats on mod status OG haven't logged on for a while so I must have missed the party but keep on keeping on glad to see your quality posting efforts have been recognized!

Yes you did and my status was earned.

i would agree as well that hip hop is the most consumed genre. I'm not saying that every one is cut out for it but the word play some artists use is pretty intelligent.

it is hip hop its been that way for 20 years but now the stuff thats called hip hop isnt really hip hop its mumble rap and trap music

i would agree as well that hip hop is the most consumed genre. I'm not saying that every one is cut out for it but the word play some artists use is pretty intelligent.

True.. the wordplay some other artists use is really stupid and derivative though...
"I'm hard like a rock, well worn like a sock, drop so much bullshit I've grown horns on my ****"

Now the wait is for a rapper to jack that line, haha..

Country is big too, but in numbers of listeners, rap is absolute king.

Times have changed. The old Rock heads have been saying rock is dead for years. I'm not even sure what's considered rock music anymore, most non urban music sounds pop to me. I miss some of those solo artists and bands from the 80s and early 90s, . Coldplay is the only band I really know of today. It's hard to even have a rock band when albums aren't selling. This is a solo artist game right now. But yeah Rock has fallen off.

Meanwhile, hiphop has become a mix of various sub genres over time. Hiphop/R&B, TrapMusic, Mumble, Alternative Hiphop, the other forms of hiphop throughout the world. To be honest I would rather have the old days back, before hiphop started being so melodic and pop. When R&B was more dominant, and when hiphop wasn't as watered down.

True.. the wordplay some other artists use is really stupid and derivative though...
"I'm hard like a rock, well worn like a sock, drop so much bullshit I've grown horns on my ****"

Now the wait is for a rapper to jack that line, haha..

Country is big too, but in numbers of listeners, rap is absolute king.

That's that heat, fam! You got a deal yet?

Back