Mediocrity is god now.

This is becoming a deep discussion.
Purist are rarely popular and most of the time they don't sell. Not a fan of SB, but he had his time in the sun with a pop hit, now he' just funny to me.
get yours, do u. i ain't madd at u, bur if u wack I'm gonna laugh.

^^^True, FYI, never once in the convo did I say what constitutes "art" in my eyes...I have said a few times I personally never cared for "Crank Dat". I respect others views.

My thing is, there's alot of people with what IMO is "worse art" than SB that seem to think they have all the things he's lacking.

Another factor I always consider because of my level of intelligence that most overlook(irony)...My opinion is not always right. If millions love something I don't, they must KNOW something I don't. Most tewnd to think the millions are stupid and they're the smart ones. Surgeons and Astronauts were "crankin dat" cause they're dumb?

#Logic :cheers:

I wasn't implying that you were defining what constitutes good art or anything, I was just making a comment in support of your sentiment in regard to how subjective art is.

Defining what constitutes good art is not at all easy, like if we apply concepts like the uncanny valley to an instrument sound like a violin, you have to know what a real violin sounds like in order to be uncomfortable with an unrealistic GM violin vs a violin syth patch that is so obviously fake that it does not make you feel uncomfortable.....now imagine your experience of a violin is shaped by the GM violin instead of a real one, well it's not going to sound like cheesy bullshit to you whereas it might to someone who is more accustomed to the sound of a real violin.

Back