Mediocrity is god now.

See what I mean? People are still jealous of Soulja Boy. The song is mediocre but it's still out in the public. Why not make something like that and get hot too?

If it is that easy, then do it. I never understood the type of people that complained about something but were too afraid or lazy to do anything.

I was a big nerd afraid of "failing". But I realized that people liked the ones that did dumb stuff and had fun. In the end, the dumb people had more fun than the nerds. I just started hanging around them and got influenced into doing dumb stuff too.

Fortunately, I was always smart enough not to smoke crack or do anything illegal. I bullshitted and made a fool of myself. That is when I had more fun and more people wanted to hang around me.

So making shitty songs to get hot is pretty much nothing. If you can't do something that easy and meaningless to advance yourself, then you do not want success. You aren't important now so you have nothing to lose. Smarten up and dumb down!

Last edited:
^
The thing is, soulja boy is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, can't understand why people are listening to him, no hate tho =) just wondering, i just wanna ask his fans WHY DO YOU LIKE HIS MUSIC? it's harder to understand that than math seriously

^
The thing is, soulja boy is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, can't understand why people are listening to him, no hate tho =) just wondering, i just wanna ask his fans WHY DO YOU LIKE HIS MUSIC? it's harder to understand that than math seriously

the beats
and ppl just want to have fun with music
party music

now humans are complex
and like alot of different things
I don't listen to secular music
only Yahweh music
so there you go

-Coach Antonio

I don't listen to secular music
only Yahweh music
so there you go

-Coach Antonio

Why is that, sir? I've been reading your posts for a couple of years now, but I don't Think I've gotten a full understanding of that. Your lifestyle/beliefs are obvious, but why would that keep you from listening to secular music? Is it JUST a matter of taste?

Peace.

Elitist is God now. So many people worry about being "complex" , they don't understand an art can't be reduced to technical aspects to measure the complexity they claim to hear. How do you label art , expression , simple? If thats the case , why haven't you made the simple music , can you make it before the fact? why is no one recognizing the complexity as superior? This elitist bs is what has most producers behind.

Not saying not to push the box , and expand, but if the only motivation to do so is to look different or be superior, you're going to fall on your ass.

As an art , music is no different. You appreciate the end results , not the subjective difficulty. Its' like hyperealist painter , hating on a surrealist , makes no sense.

See what I mean? People are still jealous of Soulja Boy. The song is mediocre but it's still out in the public. Why not make something like that and get hot too?

If it is that easy, then do it. I never understood the type of people that complained about something but were too afraid or lazy to do anything.

I was a big nerd afraid of "failing". But I realized that people liked the ones that did dumb stuff and had fun. In the end, the dumb people had more fun than the nerds. I just started hanging around them and got influenced into doing dumb stuff too.

Fortunately, I was always smart enough not to smoke crack or do anything illegal. I bullshitted and made a fool of myself. That is when I had more fun and more people wanted to hang around me.

So making shitty songs to get hot is pretty much nothing. If you can't do something that easy and meaningless to advance yourself, then you do not want success. You aren't important now so you have nothing to lose. Smarten up and dumb down!

The thing is, everything comes with a price....Logically if you mentioned someone who's music was generating success as we speak(like say Future who's music isn't the best IMO, but is generating sales and buzz), I'd agree with you.

Once you know a little about this industry, you know where Soulja is right now. He's talking big to keep the remnants of a fanbase he once had while desperately riding the coattails of guys doing something big right now.

When you got 100s of thousands of youtube views and can't sell songs to the point you're giving them away to stay relevant, you're not winning. If i had 100s of millions of people familiar with me just a few years ago, I could drop any old B.S. and get talked about as well. But keep in mind, he's been on a rapid downward spiral from "success" his entire career.

He's still ultimately hanging on to "crank dat" like a life preserver in the middle of a whirlpool.

That's not winning. If he was really on his shyt, he'd capitalize and give people another hit. Juicy j has done this his entire career, that's why he's not still living of the remnants of a fanbase from his 1st album. He's got generations of fans.

You don't get that without a certain ammount of quality. People who don't understand that fall off as soon as they're not relevant enough for a label to put someone in place to CONTROL THEIR QUALITY.

If that sounds like hate, you're in the wrong business, cause the most you'd get out of working with SB at this point is a shoutout(not even a check) that would lead you nowhere. I feel even sorrier for anyone in his entourage crashing on his couch waiting for shyt to pick back up. They ain't heard nothing they did the last year on the radio.

The weed has gotten weaker, blunts have gotten thinner, liquor's gone down a few shelfs, invites to events are becoming more and more scarce, groupies have become more and more ratchet...yet they still there.

Last edited:
The thing is, everything comes with a price....Logically if you mentioned someone who's music was generating success as we speak(like say Future who's music isn't the best IMO, but is generating sales and buzz), I'd agree with you.

Once you know a little about this industry, you know where Soulja is right now. He's talking big to keep the remnants of a fanbase he once had while desperately riding the coattails of guys doing something big right now.

When you got 100s of thousands of youtube views and can't sell songs to the point you're giving them away to stay relevant, you're not winning. If i had 100s of millions of people familiar with me just a few years ago, I could drop any old B.S. and get talked about as well. But keep in mind, he's been on a rapid downward spiral from "success" his entire career.

He's still ultimately hanging on to "crank dat" like a life preserver in the middle of a whirlpool.

That's not winning. If he was really on his shyt, he'd capitalize and give people another hit. Juicy j has done this his entire career, that's why he's not still living of the remnants of a fanbase from his 1st album. He's got generations of fans.

You don't get that without a certain ammount of quality. People who don't understand that fall off as soon as they're not relevant enough for a label to put someone in place to CONTROL THEIR QUALITY.

If that sounds like hate, you're in the wrong business, cause the most you'd get out of working with SB at this point is a shoutout(not even a check) that would lead you nowhere. I feel even sorrier for anyone in his entourage crashing on his couch waiting for shyt to pick back up. They ain't heard nothing they did the last year on the radio.

The weed has gotten weaker, blunts have gotten thinner, liquor's gone down a few shelfs, invites to events are becoming more and more scarce, groupies have become more and more ratchet...yet they still there.

Hah everytime i see a new Souljaboy video I feel sorry for his ass. 4 years ago, people who said that he would fall off in a few years was beaten down by fans. Look at where he is now. You can just tell hes desperate when he copy other cats (Lil B, Cheef Keef) and try anything to get the spot light (like sounding off beat).

I agree with you 100% there is no creativity in music anymore everyone tries to sound like everyone else, and simple non complex music is hot right, but I will say if you got real talent and your willing to think outside the box you going to stand out from the crowd Example look at Adele her album went double diamond in a age when record sales are on a major decline. That's because she got REAL TALENT her own style, aint bout them gimmicks.

What's going the break first, the bank or Soulja Boy's voice?

Soulja Boy is nothing more than a meme who's popularity can be attributed to his natural wackness being a great source of humor.

^^^I disagree, at one time he was the biggest new artist on the scene and had all the potential in the world. No different than other artists(Keef come's to mind), when he had the chance to excel, he made the mistake of digressing thinking it would last forever anyway.

Thinking fans just loved him "because he was the shyt". Attention spans are short, music fans are like that chick in school who had a crush on you. At first they're interested and all in your face, but after you've done a few corny things in their presence they lose interest. You wanna keep them in your face, you have to continuously give them flawless performances.

This new generation of artists need to know that now more than ever, but they'd rather grab the world's attention with a huge record, go on to mediocrity and fade away.

keefs ass didnt even push his album thats why it didnt sell for shit. couldnt even show up to the video shoot with that 50 song...seen 50 talkin bout it he was in shock like wht u mean u gonna put it out same day as release? how u gonna sell albums liek that?

^^^I disagree, at one time he was the biggest new artist on the scene and had all the potential in the world. No different than other artists(Keef come's to mind), when he had the chance to excel, he made the mistake of digressing thinking it would last forever anyway.

Thinking fans just loved him "because he was the shyt". Attention spans are short, music fans are like that chick in school who had a crush on you. At first they're interested and all in your face, but after you've done a few corny things in their presence they lose interest. You wanna keep them in your face, you have to continuously give them flawless performances.

This new generation of artists need to know that now more than ever, but they'd rather grab the world's attention with a huge record, go on to mediocrity and fade away.

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who will put on a three wolf moon T-shirt because they are in on the satirical joke and those poor unfortunates who just think it's a really cool T-shirt.

Crank That Soulja Boy never appealed to music fans it appealed to popular culture fans as a humorous internet meme they could participate in.

desire is just trolling. Thats all he does. Last time i was on here in july he was doin the same shit. If i dont like it i dont like it that dont mean im hatin. I respect where soulja boy is at and how much fun he has and thats the life i plan to live as well. probably minus all the molly and lean lol. Plus plenty of that fruity though. Im not putting him down just saying he could put out music that SOUNDED a little better. I dont care what he says i just care about the quality of the music lol.

Last edited:
All the while, you cats are still broke and hating. Where you at, haters!

The term hater has been beaten to death by those who have misused it as a shield to deflect legitimate criticism by implying that there is some envious ulterior motive driving people to falsely accuse brilliant artists of being wack.

^^^I will again say, while I never liked the song, "Crank dat" appealed to the right demographics to make it a hip hop hit amongst the ranks of songs like "In Da Club" - 50 Cent, "My Humps" - B.E.P., "Ballin" - Jim Jones.

Alot of people in thier persuit of what they feel "takes talent" or "sounds good" manage to overlook fundamental elements that take genius to combine and formulate a hit record.

Grandmas were "crankin dat", but so were dudes in the trap, give that young man his credit for that 1. If not how can you give credit to anyone? NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

The trap liked em. Grandmas liked em. Subburban girls wanted to lose their cherry to him, that's Justin beiber status. lol. Hell, the only people who didn't like him were "real hip hop fans" leaning on GZA and Ice T's old azzes like their gripes with a 16 year old kid made sense in their +40s. Don't take that man's succes from him, he did a good enough job of that on his own.

Last edited:
That's what happens when the barrier of entry is lowered - it allows anyone and everyone to get in. Anyone get a studio going in their room now so there's bound to be an increased load of garbage being produced.

At this point, I no longer care. I just produce for myself and challenge myself to become the best musician/producer I can be. If you play/produce because you want to impress others or get their approval, you will always be disappointed.

That's what happens when the barrier of entry is lowered - it allows anyone and everyone to get in. Anyone get a studio going in their room now so there's bound to be an increased load of garbage being produced.

At this point, I no longer care. I just produce for myself and challenge myself to become the best musician/producer I can be. If you play/produce because you want to impress others or get their approval, you will always be disappointed.

Truth. The only thing Im trying to be better than is my last beat

Its a double edged sword though. The fact is the barriers to entry all give us an opportunity. Anytime we can make a beat without renting out studio time, anytime we can program a beat, anytime we can send a collaboration across an internet connection we are benefiting from the barriers to entry being lowered. I'll take that in exchange for wack artists any day.

We dont have to placate to business owners who merely want to turn a profit, just so we can get a loan or business partnership so that we can get our equipment, studio time, or pressing CDs. That has the Potential for better music. So don't always look at lower barriers to entry as a bad thing. Its helped most producers get to into music in the first place.

Back