Marvin Gaye's family expands the lawsuit.

Anyone with an ear can clearly see/hear they took a portion of the Marvin Gaye song. As soon as I heard blurred lines I knew they took or tried to replay a portion of the song. Its just common sense and those who try to deny look as foolish as Pharrell and Thicke does now... COMMON SENSE PEOPLE, they stole a portion of the song

Thank you. That was the first thing I thought when my girlfriend played me the song. I actually thought they had sampled the song and was surprised Pharrell would do that on a track.

Counter-suing is pretty common in the music industry - research Dr. Luke. He'll steal your song, then if you even mention that his song sounds like yours (even as he blatantly stole it note-for-note) on Facebook or MySpace he will sue you and shut down your whole band/brand with his team of lawyers.

...and just because you add a capo to your guitar doesn't mean you're all of a sudden playing a different chord progression - musicians know when you're stealing or influenced by someone else.

Last edited:
Anyone with an ear can clearly see/hear they took a portion of the Marvin Gaye song. As soon as I heard blurred lines I knew they took or tried to replay a portion of the song. Its just common sense and those who try to deny look as foolish as Pharrell and Thicke does now... COMMON SENSE PEOPLE, they stole a portion of the song

Where at? Show me. They won on the grounds that it stole the "feeling" of the song. without even taking the chord progression or rhythm or even sampling a part of the song. they didn't interpolate. So where is the stealing?

They didn't take a portion of the song. All they "stole" was the vibe/feel of it. (Like kelevra said)

The whole case is crazy to me. It's like someone suing me because I'm talking in a similar accent to them. Nothing's been stolen according to the law.

(And yes, I realise my example has no value in comparison to the complexities of the case... But you see my point.)

It wasn't interpolation either. The song is in a different key as well. It follows a different chord progression and has a different drum rhythm. That's why a lot of people are pissed about the ruling.

Only people pissed about the ruling are Pherell, Robin Thicke and the deaf

Only people pissed about the ruling are Pherell, Robin Thicke and the deaf

Well, from what I've heard, behind close doors - Stevie Wonder is pretty "pissed" about it. He certainly doesn't agree with it all publicly.

Perhaps we should all go blind and deaf, it may mean our music careers go somewhere and we all suddenly find some talent.

Brb. Going to cut off my ears and poke out my eyes.

Last edited:
if the song was a flop I bet they wouldn't even give a shit. Someone probably needed a new car or some rent payed or some cash for coke or something.

Last edited:
Back