Marvin Gaye's family expands the lawsuit.

All of this could've been avoided if Thicke and Pharrell had just stfu in interviews and not filed a preemptive lawsuit against the Gaye estate. Now the family is coming at them pockets like a woman scorned. I don't blame 'em-get that money, Pharrell and Thicke swung first so teach 'em a lesson.

I know but that was some type of interpolation I think and seeing that the gaye's won the court agrees...ad isn't it kinda like sampling since it has to be cleared like what mustard did for the show me record?

I know but that was some type of interpolation I think and seeing that the gaye's won the court agrees...ad isn't it kinda like sampling since it has to be cleared like what mustard did for the show me record?

It wasn't interpolation either. The song is in a different key as well. It follows a different chord progression and has a different drum rhythm. That's why a lot of people are pissed about the ruling.

I know it's diff keys but it's a bit more obvious I guess. I didn't actually like blurred lines but oh well...sorry for them

It was overboard from the start truthfully

Press play below
I see that now...as I mentioned before I hated blurred lines and only listened to it once but I played the two side by side again today they are similar but the progressions are different and it is in a diff key, I thought there was some form of interpolation but clearly I was wrong and I think 7mil was too much and what they're doing now isn't really helping smh.

I see that now...as I mentioned before I hated blurred lines and only listened to it once but I played the two side by side again today they are similar but the progressions are different and it is in a diff key, I thought there was some form of interpolation but clearly I was wrong and I think 7mil was too much and what they're doing now isn't really helping smh.

Technically, Pharrell and Robin started it by suing first. They kicked a sleeping pit bull and got bit. I don't blame the Gaye family for going all out on that 7 mill. After all, if Pharrell and Robin didn't think their track was a anything more than an inspired nod, then why sue the estate of the person your track got its inspiration from?

Technically, Pharrell and Robin started it by suing first. They kicked a sleeping pit bull and got bit. I don't blame the Gaye family for going all out on that 7 mill. After all, if Pharrell and Robin didn't think their track was a anything more than an inspired nod, then why sue the estate of the person your track got its inspiration from?
I hear ya and they got what they wanted so they should let it go lol...the whole thing is funny tho.

How y'all feel about the "Happy" song. People are saying that song resembles another Marvin Gaye song.

Go to YouTube and type "pharrell happy mashup" (sorry can't embed yet)

I'm sure they was gonna get sued regardless if they sued first or didn't, just way too similar but the Gaye family are kinda wildin

Last edited:
I think Pharrell and Robin Thicke should come out with a new record. A diss-track aimed at the Gaye Family... Maybe they'll take inspiration from this record:

It wasn't interpolation either. The song is in a different key as well. It follows a different chord progression and has a different drum rhythm. That's why a lot of people are pissed about the ruling.

Anyone with an ear can clearly see/hear they took a portion of the Marvin Gaye song. As soon as I heard blurred lines I knew they took or tried to replay a portion of the song. Its just common sense and those who try to deny look as foolish as Pharrell and Thicke does now... COMMON SENSE PEOPLE, they stole a portion of the song

Back