Let the beat build produced by Kanye

T

Tha Reject

I just finished hearing this song from CIII and i will like to see what everybody thinks of this song from a production stand point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GdfMQfGtYKc&feature=related

IMO: If this song was produced by a Fp Member with a post count under 100 people would be trashing dude for this beat.

and damn... i mean KANYE... i think we are all expecting greatness from his music and imo he brings it constantly, but not here.

overall i think that if this song was produced by me, with my boy on the mic and with the same concept, i would get mostly negative feedback. my guess is that they were just tryin to be creative but idk.

The track is decent....The production credits say Kanye And Deezle

Flashing Lights had more or a build up than this though lol

Last edited:
dammm kanye is getting lazy i was expecting alot better and i dont even like kanye that much and im not even saying anything about wayne like i give up with him

The sample is dope, but i agree this is mos def not kanye's best

I like the beat and the concept.

But i'm wondering if 808 drums over a sample are about to become the new hot thing to do...just wait...in four weeks we'll have like 80 beats in the feedback section with a juicy soul loop and some 808s.

Last edited:
I agree. The whole album sounds lazy to me. This is why I'll never consider wayne one the best. He never made a classic album.

what a lot of people here dont get is that the artist is the one who picks the beat... kanye may have thrown that on a beat cd knowing it wasnt his best ****, but at the end of the day, if thats beat wayne and his anr agree on its a done deal, even if there was a way better beat on the disc

the sample was pretty nice, but the claps were weak...

Ok Tell Me This Is LA LA Like A Part 2 OF A Milli? Of A Millie Sounds Like They Took His Last Verse Of Of A Milli Put Corey On There And Sent The Verse To David Banner. I Kinda Like LA LA Tho. It Has A Carnival Feel.

Last edited:
Tha Reject said:
IMO: If this song was produced by a Fp Member with a post count under 100 people would be trashing dude for this beat. .

overall i think that if this song was produced by me, with my boy on the mic and with the same concept, i would get mostly negative feedback. my guess is that they were just tryin to be creative but idk.

Good observation and they mostly would say that it is too REPETITIVE, that you just LOOPED the sh!t out of that and that there is no creativity. They'd say chop the sh!t out of that I mean literally until sh!t comes out, and they'd say make harder drums, and don't forget to eq and compress the sh!t out of that, they would also tell you on which frequencies to eq.

I think die hard lil wayne fans will like this album, to them this classic lil wayne music. I mean, what did you expect from him, he's not nas, jay-z, or talib etc. It's just wayne acting a fool on a track. He's delivering what his fans want to hear. From a production point this track is a lil different, but people who dont care about production like it.

if ANY FP member made this beat, regardless of post count, we'd be demanding their ban.

^^^ lmao @ demanding their ban....cause its 100% true...that's why I slowed down on tryna get some feedback around here...cus like rocsta said they over anylize the beat and concept of it....and go straight to listening for mistakes and otha shyt

im sure kanye didnt handle the drums, but still to have his name as a producer on it is not a good look lol

Back