Is learning how to play the piano crucial to music production?

Norge N/A

So should i learn how to use a piano completely? because i hear people say "oh you don't need to learn how to use one, just learn chords" but i'm doubtful on that, what do you guys think? and is their a website that can teach me to play the piano or should i hit the library and look for books that can teach me how to play one?

Music theory is far more important than piano, the main advantage is just that learning piano will make learning music theory come a little easier (and you can add in SICK keytar solos!!!) I can't really recommend one specific website, but if you have a keyboard of some sort it'll be a lot less distracting if you buy a beginner piano book.

Can you read music? If so, that'll be an enormous advantage when learning to play, otherwise expect it to take a while to get your piano skills up

Yea im kind of new to music theory as a whole,and i have a keyboard at home, so what your saying is i should learn music theory first then learn to play the piano/keyboard?

I'd say you should learn them both at the same time, just don't get super caught up in becoming technically good at the piano (playing fast lines and difficult parts) and try to focus on basic chords and melodies first.

So can you read music then? The main issue is that if you can't, you're going to be spending a lot of time figuring how to read rhythms and notes. While that process is good to go through, you may find it super frustrating and want to quit.

Nope, because this is electronic music and not a classical environment where the only options consisted of not using input devices such as the mouse.
Yes, if you actually perform.

What's your location? Try to find some legit teachers in your area and find one that teaches solely adults and not both adults and children and be sure to do a background check. Don't view what you want to learn as a means to an end.

Not needed, but definitely useful to know how to play piano. I think someone else pointed out the truth that Theory is more useful.

Back