Kid Rock Vs Beyonce

Most of these kids in this era don't even know who the F Prince is let alone purple rain the only reason someone under 25 might know Prince is because of Dave Chappell, definitely not timeless/classic definitely

Most kids of this era who listen to urban music wouldn't

A different story when we talk about rock music. Prince is one of the guys they study along with Jimi, Stevie Ray...and nem. Prince is known as one of the best guitarist ever.

Prince is one of those artist that will have a biopic that will be HUGE!!!!

Beyonce's Biopic will be very interesting. Do big numbers.

Last edited:
I understand Prince is a legend hands down but I think him being so low key, the guy sued people for recording his concerts, messes him up from being a a Michael Jackson status or etc and the young generation wants to connect cause even tho Jay Z and Beyonce are low key to they engage in conversation on Twitter and Instagram and that's why Beyonce will forever be more popular than most. It necessarily isn't about her music that makes the Bey Hive go nuts over her it's her sexy motherly aura that she has the one closest is mike jack even tho there wasn't social media like that when he was around he was very generous and touchable Kid Rock doesn't have that nor Prince

The number 1 mistake most of us underground producers are making is looking at it as strictly music it's alot bigger than that picture

if you look at the characters the top earners represent it's like minorities, women, and young people.

Mass appeal means be non threatening to people who need comfort in life through pop culture. It's like, those characters represent their identity in a world ruled by the matriarch.

White men themselves don't want to look at other white men, we are entertained by women and minorities that are exotic to us.

But then people always try to act like because we are entertained by the antics of women or urban people a lot of the people who identify with that get empowered by it.

That's why the same old artists from a decade ago are still pushed by the mass media because there is a comfort there.

As artists most of them fell off long ago.

Don't put too much weight on mass popularity.

It's not the same how it once was to be massively popular.

Real artists are niche and underground making real future art that has left the cheap politics of the masses behind.

Last edited:
Accepted by America. Everyone should be able to relate to this, right? Undeniable classic.

Fuuck it! Let's try to find songs that will satisfy Kid Rock's taste for classics songs.

We could all simply be giving too much thought to the rant of an idiot?

As for kids not knowing Prince...could be true, but people over 30 throughout the US keep his songs in heavy rotation. His music hasn't gone anywhere.

Beyonce is the femake version of Drake....all hype but no real good music

I'm going to break down what he said in a minute.....but let me explain my piece on this quote

To have an "AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT"........YOU must be accepted by America. By America meaning America as a whole. People here have their likes and don't likes....but most of it has been FORCED on them. Just for being black "urban music" gets no respect even for white artist. Believe it or not there are lots of white people that do not like Eminem....because he creates "black people music". Sorry....Em doesn't have an "AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT" because of that alone. Nore does MC Hammer......nore does any rapper you will name. ROCK, BLUES, AND JAZZ are considered AMERICA'S MUSIC! (created by blacks by the way). These three genres are still dominate today (DO NOT GO BACK AND FORTH WITH ME ON THAT BULLSHIT BILLBOARd CHART AND RECORD SELLS)......they will continue to dominate. You MPC, Maschine, Fruity Loop musicians will NEVER take their place......you will never be allowed to take their place. This is not me saying this......this is what AMERICA CHOOSES.....this is what is programmed in our minds. You can not enter an argument of great musicians without the selected "AMERICANIZED FEW" in Jazz, Rock, and Blues.

With that said........that is why Beyonce as a black female artist "will not be respected" as having classics "when she does" .....and Prince as a black male artist will forever be some sort of musical GOD.....when truthfully Purple Rain (a soundtrack) was "all he had" when we consider the AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT makers. M.J's MEGA HITS were what.....(take a wild guess)? ROCK BASED! Don't go trying to grab off the wall shit and say any of that black people shit was MEGA HIT SHIT......that is Beyonce category shit...right? Like Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is shit compared to Beat It...........(DUUUURRRR BA DUBBY DUUUUR.... DUUNADUNT DUNT!!!! CHICKY DUUN CHICKY DUUN DUUUUUN....CHICKY DUUN CHICKY DUUN DUUUN!!! Americanized Hit! Thriller....Billy Jean.......rock shit! Rock was pop....and it fit in. Jimi Hendrix........had no MEGA HIT.....but he is considered the greatest guitarist of all time which "OUTWEIGHS HIT RECORDS". See where this goes? Rock, Blues, and Jazz rules and still rules. When your mind is stuck on charts and sales then it's hard to grip that understanding. When you see it for what it really is, then you notice you hear the shit almost 100 times a day.....(unless you stay your ass in the hood, in the house, away from grocery stores, don't watch T.V, and various other daily events. It is part of your system...your immune to it. It doesn't bother you. Urban music, however, BOTHERS PEOPLE!!! Not you....you create the shit.....or yeah.....maybe some of it..maybe it some of it you hate....or maybe you one of them ROCK mfers.....:). But anyway, my point in defense of Bey is......the line has to be drawn. Because it isn't fair to attack an "URBAN ARTIST" with America's choices due to people being brainwash that this music is the best. Urban music will never be able to compare....but it doesn't mean it's not a classic. He could've said that shit about ANY ARTIST THAT IS OF AN URBAN GENRE!!! Why I say he attacked urban music, not just Bey. Bey is a huge "urban" artist. Time to big up what I do....because it is AMERICA'S CHOICE! Bullshit......fuuck him.

All and all.....that shit was an attack on a popular artist in the urban department to big up Rock and Roll for his up and coming new album. A marketing strategy. Two rival teams play, you talk shit about the other team.....because you know the fans relate to how you feel....(even if you may not feel that way). They ready to spend money and watch that game. Plain and simple.
Damn you got Michael totally wrong.
A lot of that music was quite obviously heavily influenced by Disco and Funk on his first album.
With bad you get more "Rock" but there's still obviously lots of "black" in there.
R&B/Funk finds it's place on those records.

I do however agree with the idea that "Black" music in general isn't held in the same regard
as "White" music. If your shit was hot with the (white) people who were young in the 60's/70's/80's
there's a high chance you'll be considered a "Great" or a "Genius".

That isn't to say that Black music hasn't broken into that stratosphere of general acceptance but there are greats
like Maze or Earth, Wind & Fire or Sly and the family Stone that go unnoticed in popular editorials unless they're doing
a piece specifically on Black music or it's by a more learned writer....

Thread is long, so forgive if it's been said..., but instead of comparing Bey to Prince, what about Aretha Franklin or even Whitney? Will any of Bey's songs hold up to "Respect" (the entire world still plays that song decades later), or "I Will Always Love You" (iconic ballad)?

Right now, I'd say "Single Ladies" is her best bet. It's situational - will be played at weddings and parties forever. But I just don't know if she has others like that.

Thread is long, so forgive if it's been said..., but instead of comparing Bey to Prince, what about Aretha Franklin or even Whitney? Will any of Bey's songs hold up to "Respect" (the entire world still plays that song decades later), or "I Will Always Love You" (iconic ballad)?

Right now, I'd say "Single Ladies" is her best bet. It's situational - will be played at weddings and parties forever. But I just don't know if she has others like that.

Can she honestly stand up with Lauryn Hill's Killing Me Softly or Ready or Not??

She falls into the same category as Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez..and anybody else who has millions of fake fans....theyre being pushed on us like were sposed to like em or somethin....shes a good dancer, not no aretha franklin though. haha, and i think Jay could of done better. I dont like Jayz girl or Kanyes.....both them guys could of done better.

This is a good point right here. I think Single ladies def has the ability to do so. It's an anthem. A positive anthem at that. I see it going the way of it's raining men by the weather girls.

Back