Kid Rock Vs Beyonce

How many 18 year old kids, who are not musicians, do u know who hum those songs? LOL.

Seeing as I'm a Student Systems Analyst for higher education I can say MANY 18 year old students that know those songs LOL!!!!! Nice try, though...

Some of what your talking about has to do with the amount of rotation the songs get on major radio.
Ummm...okay?

What makes you think a golden oldie station wont be playing B's songs?
Until we get to that point NO ONE can speculate. Someone earlier said Beyonce's been out for 3 decades (not sure where they got that number) and yet no one can name a TIMELESS SONG, NOT HIT, TIMELESS SONG that she has.

I never thought I would be debating pro Beyonce, but you don't even want to give her credit for making hits. Kid Rock can't hold a candle to B, and this is who u reference.
Twisting words. No one said she doesn't have hits...SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY TIMELESS SONGS TO JUSTIFY HER GOD-LIKE WORSHIPPERS. Until Put a Ring On It shows it can stand the test of time no one can disagree with what Kid Rock says...and I reference Kid Rock because he's the reason this whole thread started...so, I'm pretty confused on what you're talkin about now.

I'll say it again--she's a pop star. He superstardom is based on being pretty (with a big butt), dancing, and having a respectable voice. The same can be said for Madonna (not the butt part) and most other pop stars.
Madonna also has Like A Virgin (31 years old) and Voge (25 years old). Until Put a Ring On It shows it can stand the test of time no one can disagree with what Kid Rock says. There are THOUSANDS of singers that are pretty with big butts that can dance and have respectable voices...and we have no idea who 99.9% of them are.

Did u really just cite Macarena as a timeless song? LOL.
Yes. I did. My 8 year old nephew and his friends do the Macarena in their elementary school...and the song is 21 years old. Pretty solid example for a modern timeless song.

I'm from the deep south, and all these references to Sweet Home Alabama( a nice tune) still make me uncomfortable
SMH below are the lyrics that are so disrespectful and make people feel uncomfortable. I appreciate your effort in dissecting what I say, but you're dealing with a professional.

"That's like a cat vs a pittbull" - Sheek Louch

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabama once again
And I think it's a sin, yea

Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her
Well, I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to you

In Birmingham they love the governor, boo boo boo
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you? Tell the truth

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama
Here I come, Alabama

Ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
(Yes, they do!)
Lord, they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue, now how about you?

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama

Sweet home Alabama, oh, sweet home baby
Where the skies are so blue and the governor's true
Sweet home Alabama, Lord
Lord, I'm coming home to you, yeah yeah
Montgomery's got the answer

Last edited:
^^^^A guy that calls people "Bama" defending a song that has lyrics with Muscle Shoals in it in which I am at and have been for a good bit of my life in youth and older. I can TRULY TELL YOU VERSES YOU AND YOUR STUDENTS NOT IN BAMA................that the song is played constantly....constantly being sung word per word by "WHITE PEOPLE" here. This city here is a city that LOVES MUSIC of all kinds but country rules here....then rock....then blues. HOME OF (W.C HANDY)....look him up if you don't know....home of Percy Sledge. People here take pride in the artist and celebs that have come from here. Now....Sweet Home Alabama.....the white people here know the lyrics to the song. HOWEVER........black people know the song....BECAUSE IT IS FORCED ON US....not because the song is soo much a classic that we enjoy it that much. You had to copy paste the lyrics. I've been around the song all my life and never NOTICED MUSCLE SHOALS being in the lyrics of the song until you felt the need to c/p lyrics. I'm sure that the rest of the U.S were not familiar with the song outside of the movie with the same name. I'm also positive that outside the US...(people can help he in the thread that are not in the U.S) could give two shits about the song...most likely never heard the song.....good for sampling....

Black folks down here KNEW THIS SONG and bumped this hard. But when you go out to eat....you hear Sweet Home Alalbama......FOR OBVIOUS REASONS and less about it being some classic. Though Alabama ain't as "racist" as people may think, you still feel like a lynching is going to take place hearing all of that "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW"..............and shit. But we are suppose to respect the song, right? Since "they love the song soo much". I'm sorry sir.......Sweet Home Alabama IS NOT in the same category as Purple Rain and shouldn't even be whispered as great among it.

Old Time Rock and Roll............wow...........another BAMA favorite right there....that I've (being here where the song was birth) heard too many times. Like I said....do your research and quit all of that frontin ans shit. Ole Time Rock and Roll is NOT on the same level as Purple Rain...........sorry.

Your STFU medicine......:)
Purple Rain (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince was more of a "rock artist" than an R&B artist to the majority of people. He gets respected by people like Kid Rock.........because he can play that guitar. BUT.....the same shit he saying about Beyonce.......can be said about two of the songs HE MENTIONED!!!!! In otherwords.....Put A RING On IT > than both those songs unless you are a redneck in Alabama.......(don't worry...a redneck loves being called a redneck....different than a white man....feel disrespected then change your white panties, pink.)

You defending some guys ignorant opinion as though it is fact because YOU don't like popular artist like Bey......Lil Wayne.......Drake....Nikki.....and nem. You hip hop fanatic type mfers are sad as hell. It's not just you homie.

That's my point in all of this. You are so brainwashed by "America's music" that you would shit on the music closest to what YOU REPRESENT. Unless you do not represent WHAT YOU DO! Kid Rock DEFINITELY represents. And will dare YOU OR ANYBODY to say anything about ROCK music in his presence.

Yall don't represent......because everything is NO BIG DEAL to you.

case closed.

Last edited:
Know what...............in defense of Kid Rock..........this could be one of those "hard to see humor with words on the internet" type of situations. Because hell....the more I think of how ignorant it is to say what he said, the more I feel he said it in a way like "don't ask me no shit like that". I doubt it though.

Seeing as I'm a Student Systems Analyst for higher education I can say MANY 18 year old students that know those songs LOL!!!!! Nice try, though...

Ummm...okay?

Until we get to that point NO ONE can speculate. Someone earlier said Beyonce's been out for 3 decades (not sure where they got that number) and yet no one can name a TIMELESS SONG, NOT HIT, TIMELESS SONG that she has.

Twisting words. No one said she doesn't have hits...SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY TIMELESS SONGS TO JUSTIFY HER GOD-LIKE WORSHIPPERS. Until Put a Ring On It shows it can stand the test of time no one can disagree with what Kid Rock says...and I reference Kid Rock because he's the reason this whole thread started...so, I'm pretty confused on what you're talkin about now.

Madonna also has Like A Virgin (31 years old) and Voge (25 years old). Until Put a Ring On It shows it can stand the test of time no one can disagree with what Kid Rock says. There are THOUSANDS of singers that are pretty with big butts that can dance and have respectable voices...and we have no idea who 99.9% of them are.

Yes. I did. My 8 year old nephew and his friends do the Macarena in their elementary school...and the song is 21 years old. Pretty solid example for a modern timeless song.

SMH below are the lyrics that are so disrespectful and make people feel uncomfortable. I appreciate your effort in dissecting what I say, but you're dealing with a professional.

"That's like a cat vs a pittbull" - Sheek Louch

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabama once again
And I think it's a sin, yea

Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her
Well, I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama

In Birmingham they love the governor, boo boo boo
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you? Tell the truth

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama
Here I come, Alabama

Ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama, ah ah ah
Alabama

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
(Yes, they do!)
Lord, they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue, now how about you?

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama

Sweet home Alabama, oh, sweet home baby
Where the skies are so blue and the governor's true
Sweet home Alabama, Lord
Lord, I'm coming home to you, yeah yeah
Montgomery's got the answer
1) Seeing that I'm education, I find your claim of non-musicians, singing those songs laughable. It ain't happening bro.
2) You still haven't given me a answer to what makes a timeless hit. Is it about rotation or quality
3) We can disagree on the timeless point. I still think u can't distinguish timeless from a hit without getting into a discussion of quality.
4) The Macarena claim is weak. How could you even site that? Its like u randomly pick examples. Macarana on one side and It's A Wonderful World on the other side. One's a pop hit with little substance the other is a signature beautiful tune of a Jazz great.
4) It sounds like I'm dealing with a young amateur, if you think citing lyrics to Sweet Home Alabama to an old-school cat from the boot, means something you really don't get it. I didn't say I didn't like the lyrics (the crazy thing is that a pretty famous black backup singer was on the song). I said the notion of song makes me uncomfortable.
Sweet Alabama is the land of Selma (Did u even see the movie?), Bull Connor, and Gov. George Wallace. Its was known as a central battleground for desegregation.
(Bull Connor,[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George Wallace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]).
Do you know what type of people go around singing that song? The types of folks with rebel flags in the back of their trucks or on their porch, folks who ain't too particular about people of color?
LOL. I can't believe you did that. Your argument lacks depth and an appreciation of context.

Last edited:
Know what...............in defense of Kid Rock..........this could be one of those "hard to see humor with words on the internet" type of situations. Because hell....the more I think of how ignorant it is to say what he said, the more I feel he said it in a way like "don't ask me no shit like that". I doubt it though.
i think he knew what he was doing, trying to sell albums by taking shots. I mean he's a self labeled redneck.

I heard this song the other day called Sweet Home Germany...and I'm so offended because they must be talking about Hitler...even though he isn't mentioned anywhere in the song.

Fellas - please holla at me when you get out of your feelings and stop over-analyzing everyone's opinions like some Regina George's (uh oh - I just cited, not sited, a white girl in a teen movie!!). I don't even wanna know what you'll do if John Boehner says Young Thug has no business being rich and famous.

Leave it to deRanNged to always articulate what, to most people, is common sense and renew faith in FP.

All the dude Kid Rock said was Beyonce does not have any classics to justify her superstardom. A woman in Georgia killed herself as a sacrifice to the Church of Beyonce...they even have a Beyble. Are you kiddin me?!?!

Even if you don't know who made the song Sweet Home Alabama (which was made 41 years ago) you cotdaym well know the song as well as the main lyrics and STILL hear it in bars all over America EVERY WEEKEND whether in the burbs or the city even if classic rock isn't your style. THAT'S A TIMELESS SONG!
Same with Purple Rain (which arguably isn't rock).
Same as Macarena (which isn't rock).
Same as I Will Always Love You (which isn't rock).
Same as Thriller (which isn't rock).
Same as Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World (which isn't rock).

Only time will tell if we will still be rockin Put A Ring On It in 2049 with 18 years old singing along.

Time will tell for Put a ring on it. However Crazy In Love is undeniable. It says something that they remixed it for the 50 shades of gray. Part of the problem I think is the clashing of two vastly different genres. Beyonces' crowd most likely don't know sweet home alabama, just like Kid Rock's crowd doesn't really know Put a ring on it or Crazy in Love.

I heard this song the other day called Sweet Home Germany...and I'm so offended because they must be talking about Hitler...even though he isn't mentioned anywhere in the song.

Fellas - please holla at me when you get out of your feelings and stop over-analyzing everyone's opinions like some Regina George's (uh oh - I just cited, not sited, a white girl in a teen movie!!). I don't even wanna know what you'll do if John Boehner says Young Thug has no business being rich and famous.
LOl. This thread is funny.
U still don't get what I said. The song makes me uncomfortable because its a good ol boy anthem in some parts of the country. It doesn't mean I hate the song, but u don't get the context. So it seems like I'm "over analyzing" it. There are no feelings here. Your argument lacks logical consistency in terms of the songs you cite, and you have not explained the difference between a hit and a timeless song. And I can give a damn what Boehner or Bibi says.

LOl. This thread is funny.
U still don't get what I said. The song makes me uncomfortable because its a good ol boy anthem in some parts of the country. It doesn't mean I hate the song, but u don't get the context. So it seems like I'm "over analyzing" it. There are no feelings here. Your argument lacks logical consistency in terms of the songs you cite, and you have not explained the difference between a hit and a timeless song. And I can give a damn what Boehner or Bibi says.

I get what you said and I understand the context.

Just because the song makes a portion of the population uncomfortable doesn't mean it makes the WHOLE population uncomfortable.

There are some of us who get offended when people call us "black" (I ain't black - I'm brown!) and get offended when people call us "African-American (I'm just American! You don't hear people calling themselves African-French or African-British!).

There are plenty of "hits" because they follow the current trend, but a timeless song has the ability of transcending and withstanding the times. Sure, No Flex Zone and Rack City were "hits", but those songs can't hold a torch to Woo Ha or T.R.O.Y. If you think different, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

By the way - you cats got me out phuked up out here actin as if I'm the biggest Kid Rock fan.

I get what you said and I understand the context.

Just because the song makes a portion of the population uncomfortable doesn't mean it makes the WHOLE population uncomfortable.

There are some of us who get offended when people call us "black" (I ain't black - I'm brown!) and get offended when people call us "African-American (I'm just American! You don't hear people calling themselves African-French or African-British!).

There are plenty of "hits" because they follow the current trend, but a timeless song has the ability of transcending and withstanding the times. Sure, No Flex Zone and Rack City were "hits", but those songs can't hold a torch to Woo Ha or T.R.O.Y. If you think different, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

By the way - you cats got me out phuked up out here actin as if I'm the biggest Kid Rock fan.

Na man, its just how the convo goes around here sometimes.

I ain't no big Beyonce fan, but I acknowledge her talent and hard work.

I said I respect the song and understand why people like it. I just can't rock with it.

In terms of timeless, I think we underestimate what songs mean to us because what they represented in our lives at certain times. I personally believe all good music is timeless. It doesn't have to be a hit. For example, I think damn near every song in the Stevie catalog from like 1970-84 is timeless (like this jewel:Stevie Wonder - Look Around - YouTube) and u could play it 100 years from now and it would be nice.
I'm sure there is some 17 year old kid would take no flex zone over TROY or woo ha, because that's what they lived. TROY is timeless not just because Pete laid down a dope track. Its timeless also because it was a memorial track from a key time in hip-hop if your a certain age.
My pops use to tell me, its about what the music means to you.
When I think of Busta, I think of scenario not woo ha. That's timeless to me because its when busta introduced himself to the world with "ra,ra, like a dungeon dragon."

I think alot of opinions in this thread are simply that. JADED OPINIONS.

No disrespect to anyone....
FACT. Thriller(the song not album)which was challenged has more spins in 2014 than some works of Stevie Wonder between 70-84 that are all being considered timeless got the year they were debuted.

FACT. Nicki Minaj has more spins that any classic hip hop artist because of how the demographic of radio and plays has changed. But once a song is gone, it's gone. No one still plays "Did it on em" or even the song with Em she did. "Starships" is an exception and it's not played much. Those resemble 'short term" chart toppers more than T.R.O.Y., but T.R.O.Y. was never a "hit" of any sort, it's just timeless in the hood.

I didn't bring up "Thriller" because I liked the record, I brought it up because it's as much the definition of a timeless record as "Purple Rain" or "Sweet Home Alabama".

I will agree Macarena is "timeless" on a different level, much like "The Electric Slide" on a different scale, both a level above "the Cupid Shuffle" that can still be considered "timeless" on an urban scale.

You guys are forming opinions on what's "classic" and "timeless' off of everything in your immediate surroundings. There's easily found numbers and references that will tell you some of these songs go no where outside the hood, and others are so suburban you may be underestimating how much play they get because it's off your radar.

Let's go back to "Cupid Shuffle". Every family reunion, cookout, birthday party, ect. I've been to since the song's release to this day, that song has been played!!!! But I guarantee half of FP is googling right now to know what song I'm talking about. It's absolutely a "timeless classic" in the urban community. And it falls short as hell to Beyonce's "Put a Ring on it".

This was done in a Filipino prison in 2011?
I'm gonna have to keep pressing that one, cause if at 3 I could see it's timelessness throughout my entire life and you couldn't, lol. you had to be somewhere outside of this solar system.

Again, just discussing, not trying to argue so if anything I'm typing comes off that way, in person this would be no more than a friendly debate. But how is one of the biggest songs in history not timeless and a random album filler from Stevie Wonder is?

I've got to assume your view of "timeless" is how a song hits YOU. In that case, I'd be sitting here arguing stuff like Cormega's "Testimony" being timeless because I'm always playing that shyt. But you gotta have the sense to know no one else is. I could then argue "Sweet Home Alabama" isn't classic because I don't even know who sings it, and know not one word beyond the chorus(don't even know all of it, just "SWEEEET HOOMMME ALABAMAAAAA!!!"). I'd like to think "Welcome to the Jungle" is more of a classic because I like that song, but know better.

Let's use logic with discussions like this.

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have to share a quick story:

Yesterday was my girlfriend's aunt's birthday, so the family took her out to brunch. Her uncle had just come back from a business trip to London and Brussels and when talking about the trip, his nephew (who works for Morgan Stanley) asked if the uncle had heard of a bank called EuroClear. Their headquarters are in Brussels and he said he did a ton of work for them. Thing is when he calls them and is put on hold he said that they only played the song Sweet Home Alabama and I had to laugh!

Take it for what it is.

@deranged-You keep saying jaded, but I think you mean biased.

I think there is logic in this discussion, but it cannot be universally applied to all examples. In my view you cannot put Thriller or Purple Rain in the same category as the Macrena. You seem to acknowledge this much by attempting to alter the criteria:
"I will agree Macarena is "timeless" on a different level, much like "The Electric Slide" on a different scale, both a level above "the Cupid Shuffle" that can still be considered "timeless" on an urban scale."
You added a different level. So its more than just spins, because these dance hits and bar-b-q anthems (i don't know cupid shuffle, but mr. magic and happy feelings use to be like that) are well known in certain environments but lack the artistic quality of purple rain.

This is my gripe with this debate. Its not so easy to distinguish between timeless and big hits, me thinks.
If there is no difference then we can easily say any song that sold more than x number of units or z number radio spins is timeless.

But I think we are talking about more than just spins and sales, because the original point made by old dude was that B didn't have any timeless hits.
It was said that she didn't have a purple rain or sweet home . . etc. I can agree with that, but when u say that you are saying that she lacked something in terms of quality ( a special tune), because she has sold gang of units and a bunch of radio plays. I mean who's to say they wont be doing her songs in a vid on utube 30 years from now, cause she has the numbers.

I am not confused I recognize my biases, I think Billie Jean and Human Nature are better tunes than Thriller. But if we are talking sales/spins Thriller wins every time.

Last edited:
I think you want me to say "biased" when I said "jaded". Reread, I never put Thriller on the same level as Purple Rain, nor did I put Macarena on the level of either of those. :cheers:

Recognizing your "jadedness" is needed here. Lol.

You can indeed grow tired of something you have no attaction to before everyone who does...full circle back to...BEYONCE.

You're all welcome. Lol.

Last edited:
Um, not sure you're talking about (Jaded - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary). I have no connection to these people or songs, nothing I have said relates to personal experience, nor are any of my comments related to being tired.:hmmm:
And far as the thriller thing, it don't matter.
Since all the songs you mentioned(Thriller, Purple Rain, and Macarenca are timeless ), I think we can safely assume that a timeless song is just a song that sold a lot of units or got a lot of radio spins. Because you don't have a timeless criteria either, u just say their are different levels to timeless songs.

Full circle. . . round and round we go.

Um, not sure you're talking about (Jaded - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary). I have no connection to these people or songs, nothing I have said relates to personal experience, nor are any of my comments related to being tired.:hmmm:
And far as the thriller thing, it don't matter.
Since all the songs you mentioned(Thriller, Purple Rain, and Macarenca are timeless ), I think we can safely assume that a timeless song is just a song that sold a lot of units or got a lot of radio spins. Because you don't have a timeless criteria either, u just say their are different levels to timeless songs.

Full circle. . . round and round we go.

time·less
ˈtīmləs/
adjective
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion.

Problem that many people aren't able to discern is Changes in Fashion.

IMO (not directed at you specifically, mwandishi) if you think Trap or Drill are legit styles of music that can be classified as Hip Hop, then you will not understand what makes a song Timeless.

That's the point I'm making, I'll say again, JADED.

People who can't admit "Krank Dat" by Soulja Boy was a huge hip hop hit record(didn't say timeless)won't do so because of their jaded opinion. Someone "biased" would have no choice but to agree and have to throw in the fact they still hate the record.

In order for a song to be "timeless" it has one and only one criteria to follow. Be old as hell, and still have relevance today. You can't say Stevie wonders entire discog from 1970-84 is "timeless" and the song "Thriller" is not without being wrong. Lol. Your "opinion" is lost in the example of "what is vs. what isn't".

Again, "Thriller" get's more spins in 2014 than album fillers from Stevies say..."Hotter Than Summer(Edit: Hotter than July, I wasn't walking Yet, gimme a break)" album got the year the album was released!

Beyond separation by FACT, everything else is left to opinion. So, yeah, according to every BBQ, BDay party, Family reunion I've ever been to since it's release, "Cupid Shuffle" is timeless. I never said I believed it was personally. I even went on to say I don't know the words to or who sung "Sweet Home Alabama', yet I'm well aware "Cupid Shuffle" is not a "timeless classic" anywhere in the realm of that song.

So follow me here...IF MY OPINION WAS JADED....from my experience with no numbers to back my claim, I'd say "Cupid Shuffle"(or every Stevie Wonder Album) is a timeless classic, but I don't think "Sweet Home Alabama"(or MJ's Thriller song) is......

I even used "T.R.O.Y." as an example. I know every word to that song, myself and my friends can reference so much of our lives with hip hop from that era, but while it's a "timeless hood classic", I can't even call that a "known record" in pop culture.

Again, JADED opinions make you inable to realize whether you feel the song took any work to produce or not, "The Macarena" isn't going anywhere. It's still played today at parties, clubs, on the radio(usually with a satirical twist), "Krank Dat Soulja Boy" not so much, but same bracket. You still get hammer pant references. I don't think any of that stuff is classic, but I can understand someone else thinking otherwise.

So...while I can leave it to opinion where the cut off for a timeless record is and can respect everything mentioned in this post EXCEPT "Sweet home Alabama" or "Thriller" not being "timeless classics"...you cannot tell me anything else mentioned in this thread are "timeless classics" and those 2 records are not without having a...JADED OPINION.

How can anyone not agree with that?

And to clarify, IMO, any song is a timeless classic TO YOU if you keep playing it. But in reference to what Kid Rock was talking, nothing but "Thriller" and "Sweet Home Alabama" that i've discussed in this post.

:cheers:

Last edited:
That's the point I'm making, I'll say again, JADED.

People who can't admit "Krank Dat" by Soulja Boy was a huge hip hop hit record(didn't say timeless)won't do so because of their jaded opinion. Someone "biased" would have no choice but to agree and have to throw in the fact they still hate the record.

In order for a song to be "timeless" it has one and only one criteria to follow. Be old as hell, and still have relevance today. You can't say Stevie wonders entire discog from 1970-84 is "timeless" and the song "Thriller" is not without being wrong. Lol. Your "opinion" is lost in the example of "what is vs. what isn't".

Again, "Thriller" get's more spins in 2014 than album fillers from Stevies say..."Hotter Than Summer(Edit: Hotter than July, I wasn't walking Yet, gimme a break)" album got the year the album was released!

Beyond separation by FACT, everything else is left to opinion. So, yeah, according to every BBQ, BDay party, Family reunion I've ever been to since it's release, "Cupid Shuffle" is timeless. I never said I believed it was personally. I even went on to say I don't know the words to or who sung "Sweet Home Alabama', yet I'm well aware "Cupid Shuffle" is not a "timeless classic" anywhere in the realm of that song.

So follow me here...IF MY OPINION WAS JADED....from my experience with no numbers to back my claim, I'd say "Cupid Shuffle"(or every Stevie Wonder Album) is a timeless classic, but I don't think "Sweet Home Alabama"(or MJ's Thriller song) is......

I even used "T.R.O.Y." as an example. I know every word to that song, myself and my friends can reference so much of our lives with hip hop from that era, but while it's a "timeless hood classic", I can't even call that a "known record" in pop culture.

Again, JADED opinions make you inable to realize whether you feel the song took any work to produce or not, "The Macarena" isn't going anywhere. It's still played today at parties, clubs, on the radio(usually with a satirical twist), "Krank Dat Soulja Boy" not so much, but same bracket. You still get hammer pant references. I don't think any of that stuff is classic, but I can understand someone else thinking otherwise.

So...while I can leave it to opinion where the cut off for a timeless record is and can respect everything mentioned in this post EXCEPT "Sweet home Alabama" or "Thriller" not being "timeless classics"...you cannot tell me anything else mentioned in this thread are "timeless classics" and those 2 records are not without having a...JADED OPINION.

How can anyone not agree with that?

And to clarify, IMO, any song is a timeless classic TO YOU if you keep playing it. But in reference to what Kid Rock was talking, nothing but "Thriller" and "Sweet Home Alabama" that i've discussed in this post.

:cheers:

Do you feel that Beyonce has any timeless songs? The first Destiny's Child album came out 17 years ago which may warrant it having enough time to have at least one timeless song in your opinion.

I, personally, do not think she does YET. Does that mean she doesn't have hits? No. Does that mean she doesn't deserve to be world famous and have woman going crazy over her? No. But I, personally, can not disagree with anything Kid Rock said in the article.

Beyonce's music is garbage. I might feel that way because I'm a man though. Kid Rock's first album had some good tracks.

Back