Kid Rock Vs Beyonce

Please find me a fan of Taylor Swift that doesn't also like Iggy Azalea, Nicki Minaj or even Drake which are "urban" music whatever that means from some old white guys definitions of music.

What people fail to realize is the music "business" has grossly changed from 1960 to 2015...so, your "point" on Jimi Hendrix having hits compared to Beyonce makes no sense. You also said that in order to be "accepted" by America you have to be either Jazz/Blues/Rock, but then catch feelins when I point out 2 songs from one group that is RnB. Also, why isn't BB King the richest man in America since apparently his music is the ultimate acceptance of American music?

Matter fact - don't answer...I'm bored with this conversation - play on.

29-Camron-NP.gif

Using the human attention span to your advantage, huh? Or do you not read and comprehend?

1. Record sales mean NUTHING in this discussion. Which is the point of the discussion.....DUH! Taylor Swift is known as a country singer "who crossed over into pop". What are her fans going to remember her by (unless she totally changes to pop)? FANS! DO you know what a "FAN is? Ask Miley........but you should...being on FP......where it's normal that a person who loves MF DOOM most likely don't like Young Thug..same genre.....both nominated for a hip hop award (you get no sub genre because we allowed you to have your own category...shit...we don't want you winning over our Best Rock Music Award and calling yourselves kings of rock and all of that)...fuuck out of here...common sense.

2. Jimi does not have a classic if Bey doesn't. FOH.......ask someone black to name a Hendrix song.........25 or younger..............common sense. But if you listen to Rock or Blues music.......you will name Purple Haze......and if you are a Fan of Hendrix you will name some shit nobody know about......

3. What two songs that are Rhythm and BLUES? Bet they were nominated as "Rock songs" also..........but damn........it still "defeats the purpose" of why I said that....you nit picking.

4. BB King...........richest in America.........you asking me why? End of discussion.

I give you this much because you wanted it. I give you no more because you were ignorant enough to ask that BB King question.

Last edited:
Everyone has opinions.

I'd agree with Kid Rock and then go on to say he has "no hits" in the range he's referring to, nor does a good 99% of major label signed musicians. He's talking MEGAHITS that are timeless.

Beyonce's had plenty of "hits" in the same range as stuff like "Cowboy" or "Bawidabaw" by Kid Rock. Not so many in the range of "Sweet Home Alabama", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", or "Thriller".

Taylor Swift doesn't have hits in that range. All Britney has is "Hit Me One More Time"(and I guess one could argue stuff like "Crazy" and "Oops"), Eminem doesn't have anything that fits this realm yet Sir Mix A lot has "Baby Got Back"? No one has MEGAHITS!!! Not sure why any of this is causing such a ruckus or why he felt the need to say it in the first place...then I see he just dropped an album no one would otherwise care about.

Funny how he plays the "all american rock star" roll these days when he used to be a lil' trailer park rapper from detroit who studied hip hop classics...that are no more "hits" than anything he's ever done or Beyonce's catalog. To not count Beyonce's stuff amongst hits, you can't count your own, Kid Rock! I get what he was trying to do without realizing they're both in the same realm.

Not sure why tearing down the biggest pop artist in the world to day was on his agenda...wiat, yeah...I almost forgot...album to sale, and no one gave a fvkk. This is a prime example of how big Beyonce is. Kid Rock is fishing for Beyonce haters to agree with his b.S. and support him. She has enough haters that he can boost album sales by rambling nonsense about her. Hmmmm.......

Last edited:
why are y'all trippin cuz some dude thinks beyonce is wack?
he doesn't think Beyonce is wack.........you can't call someone wack in music you "don't understand". To call Beyonce wack is like "what makes her wack"....and you bringing up some of the greatest music of all time that passed over 4 and 5 generations to prove why she is....in a genre of music you don't even listen to. The dude couldn't even compare her with another female in genre other than ROCK. We calling his bullshit in defense of OUR music. Because Mfers through history have done that shit to us. Got to make your thang "better" to the world that WE CAN'T REACH. and then it is what it is...........us being left in second place to our own thang. BB King? Ask yourself why ZZ Hill is not considered a blues legend.......his shit doesn't sound like Stevie Ray Vaughan's music.......so it is WACK......black folks jam ZZ Hill.........yep we have no say so on ZZ being great....because he is complared to Stevie Ray....a guy worshipped for his guitar playing......ZZ IS NOT CONSIDERED BLUES!!!!! We got to call our shit "ghetto blues" or "black folks blues" or some shit....we just can't call it blues. See we can't keep allowing people to disrespect us like "it's just his opinion." FUUCK THAT!!!"

he thinks Rock music is "superior" to what urban artist such as Beyonce create. He slick.......considering people don't get it. He made a statement to big up Rock music and gain momentum for his album....by "stating" what fans of Rock music feel........so they can be like "YEAH **** THAT RAP BULLSHIT." But the sad thing about it is that people who actually listen to "her type of music" are AGREEING WITH HIM!!! That's a big deal!

As long as he is attacking who are not a fan of........it's o.k.

See....if he had of said the same thing about.......Big Pun.......thread would be lit up!!!

this is what's funny to me. He is allow to have his opinion........but anybody who disagree with that dude is "trippin"?

Last edited:
^^^In his defense, he mentioned "Purple Rain". I still agree with everything you just said. That tactic is so old, yet people's intelligence has yet to rise above it. Rinse, repeat.

^^^He mentioned Purple Rain first. You know........I have black friends so this is not about Beyonce being black......Prince being a "favorite among guitarist" in a rock and blues world. He most likely care less about Prince other than guitar solos. Like He wouldn't jam Morris Day's Get It Up...........wasn't for Prince being a guitarist.....he would say the same thing about Prince. Maybe why Prince keeps his name from a lot of his work. Just for people like Kid Rock....maybe maybe not. Maybe why M.J's persona in public was the way it was.....maybe maybe not.

Like I said before....if all the people he mentioned weren't so called "great males in rock music"......like if he had of said "Greatest Love Of All.......Vision Of Love.....Fallen......" I would have respected his opinion. Not agreed but respected it. It would've shown integrity....might even make me listen to some of his stuff just because of his integrity and open mindedness in music. He would've shown how much he respect "all sorts of music". That's why musicians like Stevie Wonder are loved by many. Why Paul McCarney is loved by many. Why Mick Jagger is loved by many. But he came off as "disrespectful on purpose". It's his opinion......and opinions tell a lot about how people think. He been in the game long enough to know how to speak with integrity. He chose not to for his benefit. He ain't shit for that move.

Last edited:
^^^He mentioned Purple Rain first. You know........I have black friends so this is not about Beyonce being black......Prince being a "favorite among guitarist" in a rock and blues world. He most likely care less about Prince other than guitar solos. Like He wouldn't jam Morris Day's Get It Up...........wasn't for Prince being a guitarist.....he would say the same thing about Prince. Maybe why Prince keeps his name from a lot of his work. Just for people like Kid Rock....maybe maybe not. Maybe why M.J's persona in public was the way it was.....maybe maybe not.

Like I said before....if all the people he mentioned weren't so called "great males in rock music"......like if he had of said "Greatest Love Of All.......Vision Of Love.....Fallen......" I would have respected his opinion. Not agreed but respected it. It would've shown integrity....might even make me listen to some of his stuff just because of his integrity and open mindedness in music. He would've shown how much he respect "all sorts of music". That's why musicians like Stevie Wonder are loved by many. Why Paul McCarney is loved by many. Why Mick Jagger is loved by many. But he came off as "disrespectful on purpose". It's his opinion......and opinions tell a lot about how people think. He been in the game long enough to know how to speak with integrity. He chose not to for his benefit. He ain't shit for that move.

Didn't know they have dudes in the Beyhive...sound worse than them chickens on Twitter.

^^^^I'd ride for you also in the same situation.......while you trying to be funny......

Shits deeper than Bey......

Shit happens all the time but you don't care....when you should. Until it hits home YOU WON'T CARE.

The people you look up too don't care as long as they don't have to live like YOU. But they can convince you they care with their lyrics that they carefully took the time to edit and remain safe with you. But these same geniuses open their mouth with opinions that show themselves for who they really are. Ask them a question that matters......if you can think of one. Young Thug is told what to say to remain safe. Better to sound like an idiot than to have feeling and lose what we blessed you with....besides the attention span of these people are like a goldfish........yeah they heard you because they smelt the bate......I CAN'T BREATHE.......did you see Empire yesterday..I ain't missing it this week......oh that's awful how the police did that homeless thief.......SELFIE!!!! Most people would do the SAME THING in the same situation.......most would lie because they think they are not in the same situation........most will watch their co worker get fired in innocence with fear for losing what pays the mobile phone bill....keep quiet until everyone leaves so I can say what I WOULD have done.

You quoted some real shit.......to say that? It's deeper than opinions. His gets to slide because....well.....I can be called a dude in the Beyhive supporting. "BEYONCE" can't say the same thing about Kid Rock. It would become BIGGER THAN KID ROCK.......it would be all in defense of Rock Music. She would be defined as having no respect for"Rock". You know this shit to be true. Bey can't say.....(if Kid Rock was huge)......"Kid Rock doesn't have Jay Z sales, Kanye sales, Drake sales....I don't understand what's the fuss......why he is so popular." We would be seeing rock and blues documentaries all on the History, MTV, VH1, CNN, FOX NEWS..............what would Bey have in defense? Her Beyhive.........blacks breaking down the history of Rock and Blues because the rest ain't telling it right.

Last edited:
he doesn't think Beyonce is wack.........you can't call someone wack in music you "don't understand". To call Beyonce wack is like "what makes her wack"....and you bringing up some of the greatest music of all time that passed over 4 and 5 generations to prove why she is....in a genre of music you don't even listen to. The dude couldn't even compare her with another female in genre other than ROCK. We calling his bullshit in defense of OUR music.

Is it OUR music,though? Or is it just a fake ass, instant, focus group tested, gimmicky, corporate music with sole purpose of selling you dreams, sex appeal and ads on the radio? Don't compare this new shit to that old pre-70s timeless shit

Is it OUR music,though? Or is it just a fake ass, instant, focus group tested, gimmicky, corporate music with sole purpose of selling you dreams, sex appeal and ads on the radio? Don't compare this new shit to that old pre-70s timeless shit

That's what Motown was lol. focus group tested. manufacturing line assembled music.

he doesn't think Beyonce is wack.........you can't call someone wack in music you "don't understand". To call Beyonce wack is like "what makes her wack"....and you bringing up some of the greatest music of all time that passed over 4 and 5 generations to prove why she is....in a genre of music you don't even listen to. The dude couldn't even compare her with another female in genre other than ROCK. We calling his bullshit in defense of OUR music. Because Mfers through history have done that shit to us. Got to make your thang "better" to the world that WE CAN'T REACH. and then it is what it is...........us being left in second place to our own thang. BB King? Ask yourself why ZZ Hill is not considered a blues legend.......his shit doesn't sound like Stevie Ray Vaughan's music.......so it is WACK......black folks jam ZZ Hill.........yep we have no say so on ZZ being great....because he is complared to Stevie Ray....a guy worshipped for his guitar playing......ZZ IS NOT CONSIDERED BLUES!!!!! We got to call our shit "ghetto blues" or "black folks blues" or some shit....we just can't call it blues. See we can't keep allowing people to disrespect us like "it's just his opinion." FUUCK THAT!!!"

he thinks Rock music is "superior" to what urban artist such as Beyonce create. He slick.......considering people don't get it. He made a statement to big up Rock music and gain momentum for his album....by "stating" what fans of Rock music feel........so they can be like "YEAH **** THAT RAP BULLSHIT." But the sad thing about it is that people who actually listen to "her type of music" are AGREEING WITH HIM!!! That's a big deal!

As long as he is attacking who are not a fan of........it's o.k.

See....if he had of said the same thing about.......Big Pun.......thread would be lit up!!!

this is what's funny to me. He is allow to have his opinion........but anybody who disagree with that dude is "trippin"?
First of all, you certainly can call someone wack from a music genre ''you dont understand''. The wackest artists i know are from genres ''i dont understand''. Why are they wack? because they make wack wack music, simple as that. Wackness is a subjective term and anyone can think anything is wack theres no right or wrong.

second of all, i dont think you are trippin cuz u dont agree with him. But you be like writing bible-long messages and thinking its some kind of conspiracy against your music just cuz some dude dont agree with your opinion.

That's what Motown was lol. focus group tested. manufacturing line assembled music.

Arguably Motown did start some of those fakeness,but still...Motown focus group = staff deciding what songs to put on the album... it has nothing to do with real focusing groups. They also had some amazing songwriters,AMAZING singers and an amazing in house band... guys who played together 24/7 both in studio and on the stage,their music sounds genuine to me i don't think they were concerned about selling that shit

Also here's a blog post by one of the Motown's engineers

Radio never intentionally promoted records. They sell advertising and use music to attract listeners.
The problem is that since the ’90s advertisers have demanded that radio use music to sort people into the narrow demographic groups each sponsor wants to reach.
Years ago air play was based on local record sales. Today it’s based on focus group tests that eliminate anything that doesn’t make a good background music environment for the chosen group of folks the advertisers want to pitch their products to. For this reason commercial radio has become useless as a way of promoting new music.
Radio, unfortunately, is still our most successful means of exposure. This is the biggest single problem we need to crack.

On radio programming | The best of Bob Olhsson's writings and tour info

Everyone has opinions.

He's talking MEGAHITS that are timeless.

Beyonce's had plenty of "hits" in the same range as stuff like "Cowboy" or "Bawidabaw" by Kid Rock. Not so many in the range of "Sweet Home Alabama", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", or "Thriller".

Thriller (the tune, not the album), was more a big hit than classic in my view. I think PYT and Human Nature are more classic tunes. I mean how many artist have re-done Human Nature as compared to thriller. But its all subjective, right. This is where I think the notion of a classic or timeless song is in an area where there is a certain artistic evaluation. It was more than just a big selling song, it had something that "true artist" could respect. Purple Rain sold big units, but it was also a touching/quality song that people respect. Which leads to the unspoken theme mentioned by some in this thread:

Beyonce is not respected as a "true" artist by a lot of people. She might work her azz off, sell millions and millions of records, but she's no Etta James, Aretha, Patti, Chaka Mary J, or Jill Scott when it comes to singing; right? I must admit, when I heard she was playing Etta James in that movie I damn near lost my mind. I get the critique. But she is and was raised to be a pop artist and she rolls is that way.

For all the people saying she ain't got it like Mike, remember Mike was known as the KING of POP not R&B. Mike could not blow like Teddy P, the O'Jays, or Luther. He was crafted from day one to sell records. Beyonce can work with any producer she wants, who's to say she wont drop a Man in the Mirror song in the future.

I just saying, timeless and classic are more subjective than most people admit.

Stoke, I thought u know better. I guess EWF, War, and Maze are not timeless. LOL.

Do you really think corporate marketing and sex appeal is a new thing?

I guess Motown choose Diana strictly because she could blow.
Take the glasses off my FP friend, its all a game.

This is a nice tune:

Some of u cats are tripping.

Last edited:
Arguably Motown did start some of those fakeness,but still...Motown focus group = staff deciding what songs to put on the album... it has nothing to do with real focusing groups. They also had some amazing songwriters,AMAZING singers and an amazing in house band... guys who played together 24/7 both in studio and on the stage,their music sounds genuine to me i don't think they were concerned about selling that shit

Also here's a blog post by one of the Motown's engineers

On radio programming | The best of Bob Olhsson's writings and tour info

Come on man. No matter how good the house band/writers/producers were, the execs wanted hits. This happens at all labels. Of course the Motown crew was tight. But if you go through all the people they had I sure sure the cats who could make write hits are the best known.

Its always about the hits, at any label at any time. Payola aint' new and scheming record execs ain't new.

Last edited:

Again.....missing the point.

It's like saying Tyler Perry doesn't have a STAR WARS..........ALIENS..........RAMBO...........when you have an action movie releasing that you feel will give people that same adrenalin rush......the shit is as ridiculous as a Family Guy skit!

and people who love movies like Good Fellas..........Untouchables........Godfather......are like...."yeah....I agree". And other people who like movies like Boyz N Da Hood............Menace 2 Society..........Juice.........South Central......like "yeah he has a point..........you trippin....he makes movies for soft ass dudes...ain't a big deal....get over it .....you in the Perryhive".

Cool........how long are we going to say "get over it"? When did we start that shit? I'll tell you why.........every since we were able to participate. If marijuana was as legal as drinking soda.....it would be about like how WE ALL enjoy the right to express an opinion on ANY TOPIC........with such expertise...........just blazing a roach on clock all in front of the supervisor.......fuucking up shit....laughing about it with a big ass blunt in the break room passing it around. Get over it. Saying get over it is why Johnnie Taylor has no REAL HITS.........but dead gummit.........what HIT RECORD DOES Stevie Ray Vaughan have? Why is he a blues legend and Johnnie Taylor not? JT gave the world "These Last 2 Dollars"........and "Disco Lady".............jus sayin.....

Last edited:
Thriller (the tune, not the album), was more a big hit than classic in my view.
Thriller (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your view is jaded, sir. :cheers:

I never said it was a classic, I absolutely said it was a megahit, but since you choose to be a non believer, lol.....

Numbers tell otherwise. How many music videos or TV shows/movies have ended with someone looking over their shoulder to reveal some sort of "demon/cat eye" in the same manner MJ did in that video(down to the freeze frame and cackle). To this day, people have gone straight to that red jacket above other outfits Michael has worn when dressing to imply they're paying homage to MJ. That dance routine has been repeated so many times, including current kids cartoons where the main consumer(a kid) has no clue of who MJ is(probably thrown in for the parents).

It's been remade numerous times, there's even a heavy metal version of the song. And every holloween it get's spins and video plays. It's had 200+ million views on vevo/youtube when it was released and ran it's course in the early 80s. Human Nature's had 6. Drunken Love and Put a ring on it are the only 2 beyonce songs with more views I could find with a quick skim, and both of those were released in a time when you went straight to youtube to see them.

Bobby Brown "Don't be Cruel" is an arguable classic...until you use adjectives like "urban" or "R&B" in front of it, then it's definitely classic material. MJ, different bracket. Thriller(the song) did like 4million units on top of the album doing crazy numbers and it being a later single...so, people who owned the album went back out and bought the single. Crazy.

Not arguing, just giving knowledge. I was like 4 or 5 to the oldest when that came out, so, some of you weren't born, that song was and still is huge.

Thriller (the tune, not the album), was more a big hit than classic in my view.

I never said it was a classic, I absolutely said it was a megahit, but since you choose to be a non believer, lol.....

Numbers tell otherwise. How many music videos or TV shows/movies have ended with someone looking over their shoulder to reveal some sort of "demon/cat eye" in the same manner MJ did in that video(down to the freeze frame and cackle). To this day, people have gone straight to that red jacket above other outfits Michael has worn when dressing to imply they're paying homage to MJ. That dance routine has been repeated so many times, including current kids cartoons where the main consumer(a kid) has no clue of who MJ is(probably thrown in for the parents).

It's been remade numerous times, there's even a heavy metal version of the song. And every holloween it get's spins and video plays. It's had 200+ million views on vevo/youtube when it was released and ran it's course in the early 80s. Human Nature's had 6. Drunken Love and Put a ring on it are the only 2 beyonce songs with more views I could find with a quick skim, and both of those were released in a time when you went straight to youtube to see them.

Bobby Brown "Don't be Cruel" is an arguable classic...until you use adjectives like "urban" or "R&B" in front of it, then it's definitely classic material. MJ, different bracket. Thriller(the song) did like 4million units on top of the album doing crazy numbers and it being a later single...so, people who owned the album went back out and bought the single. Crazy.

Not arguing, just giving knowledge. I was like 3 to the oldest when that came out, so, some of you weren't born, that song was and still is huge.

Last edited:

Not arguing, just giving knowledge. I was like 3 to the oldest when that came out, so, some of you weren't born, that song was and still is huge.

Um, no.

Well its still sounds like your talking about the video and the cultural impact, more so than the song. Of course it had more spins than the other tunes, cause it was (duh) a huge hit.

I'm not to familiar with the thriller remakes, but I'll take your word for it.

I prefer billie jean, human nature or PYT to thriller any day, but I guess we disagree.

I never got into bumping thriller too much (and for the record I think off the wall was a better album than thriller).

I was older than 3 when it came out (i wont say how old:hmmm:), so u can't pull the old-school thing on me my friend.

By the way, some people would argue that this performance has had as much as a cultural impact as the video thriller:

ever heard of the moonwalk?

Not arguing, just giving knowledge. I was like 4 or 5 to the oldest when that came out, so, some of you weren't born, that song was and still is huge.

Leave it to deRanNged to always articulate what, to most people, is common sense and renew faith in FP.

All the dude Kid Rock said was Beyonce does not have any classics to justify her superstardom. A woman in Georgia killed herself as a sacrifice to the Church of Beyonce...they even have a Beyble. Are you kiddin me?!?!

Even if you don't know who made the song Sweet Home Alabama (which was made 41 years ago) you cotdaym well know the song as well as the main lyrics and STILL hear it in bars all over America EVERY WEEKEND whether in the burbs or the city even if classic rock isn't your style. THAT'S A TIMELESS SONG!
Same with Purple Rain (which arguably isn't rock).
Same as Macarena (which isn't rock).
Same as I Will Always Love You (which isn't rock).
Same as Thriller (which isn't rock).
Same as Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World (which isn't rock).

Only time will tell if we will still be rockin Put A Ring On It in 2049 with 18 years old singing along.

Last edited:
Even if you don't know who made the song Sweet Home Alabama (which was made 41 years ago) you cotdaym well know the song as well as the main lyrics and STILL hear it in bars all over America EVERY WEEKEND whether in the burbs or the city even if classic rock isn't your style. THAT'S A TIMELESS SONG!
Same with Purple Rain (which arguably isn't rock).
Same as Macarena (which isn't rock).
Same as I Will Always Love You (which isn't rock).
Same as Thriller (which isn't rock).
Same as Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World (which isn't rock).

Only time will tell if we will still be rockin Put A Ring On It in 2049 with 18 years old singing along.
How many 18 year old kids, who are not musicians, do u know who hum those songs? LOL.
Some of what your talking about has to do with the amount of rotation the songs get on major radio.
What makes you think a golden oldie station wont be playing B's songs?

I never thought I would be debating pro Beyonce, but you don't even want to give her credit for making hits. Kid Rock can't hold a candle to B, and this is who u reference.

I'll say it again--she's a pop star. He superstardom is based on being pretty (with a big butt), dancing, and having a respectable voice. The same can be said for Madonna (not the butt part) and most other pop stars.

Did u really just cite Macarena as a timeless song? LOL.
I'm from the deep south, and all these references to Sweet Home Alabama( a nice tune) still make me uncomfortable.

Back