Kid Rock Vs Beyonce

Neither a fan of Kid Rock or Bey but he's in tandem with that white male gaze that, by extension, Black men have long internalized as it manifests itself as a fixation on our natural or surgically enhanced otherness that is vilified and praised in popular culture. In Bey's case she skews closer to the Eurocentric standards.

Last edited:
meh. It's not surprising he would say that considering how he rolls. The legion of B will deal with him.

he's right, she has no classic records.

You think so?

Sooooo......you don't think Single Ladies or Irreplaceable is a classic? I'll tell you why you think that way........because Bey has never really been accepted by American as her music representing for America. Her music represent the urban market. Just so happens she has developed a great fanbase in the urban market, which is an AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT to become that successful.

With that said though, it's hard for "males" to understand why those two songs are "classics" because it's not suited for us (yet both of those songs written by men).............or any of her other songs that could have potential. Now.....is that fair on a black female artist? Or should she have songs written that are not leaning more towards the female listeners? Is it the wrong choice of songwriters? Shpuld she be singing songs written in the thought processes of the past inwhich a female artist can sing a song that a "male" can relate too.....(Greatest Love Of All).

I dread being in the car with a woman and Beyonce come on.

I will sing Madonna's Like A Virgin out loud in pubilc and won't give a damn.........but NEVER a Beyonce song. Her music is too "sacred".....

Last edited:

Single Ladies..........Put A RIng On IT........iF yOU lIKe IT.......eASY

nuff sAID.....

Name me a Drake classic.....I mean like a real classic.........dude just broke a Beatles record.....but I can't name NOT ONE classic song he has even in the future......one potential song.......Coming Home......that's it......that shit is not urban....it's Patriotic material, though so it gets a chance.

Sir Mix A Lot was one lucky sumbiitch.......all he needed was to give Cosmos some attention. Give white woman some attention. Twisted, huh?

Oh........Kid Rock has an album.......let's bash urban music......these white boys have the attention span of a goldfish.......we will have them trading in their Escalades for Silverados in no time.......YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!!!

Last edited:
You think so?

Sooooo......you don't think Single Ladies or Irreplaceable is a classic? I'll tell you why you think that way........because Bey has never really been accepted by American as her music representing for America. Her music represent the urban market. Just so happens she has developed a great fanbase in the urban market, which is an AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT to become that successful.

With that said though, it's hard for "males" to understand why those two songs are "classics" because it's not suited for us (yet both of those songs written by men).............or any of her other songs that could have potential. Now.....is that fair on a black female artist? Or should she have songs written that are not leaning more towards the female listeners? Is it the wrong choice of songwriters? Shpuld she be singing songs written in the thought processes of the past inwhich a female artist can sing a song that a "male" can relate too.....(Greatest Love Of All).

I dread being in the car with a woman and Beyonce come on.

I will sing Madonna's Like A Virgin out loud in pubilc and won't give a damn.........but NEVER a Beyonce song. Her music is too "sacred".....

Man, I was converted. I don't talk no trash bout Queen B no more. Being around my lady and her family at family functions opened my eyes. Everybody starts dancing and singing "uk uk oh . . ."

Its like when I was a kid and everybody rushed to the dance floor when Mr. Magic came on.

I still have a Beyonce critique, but I have to admit she is the pop diva of this generation like Dina Ross and Whitney (no she can't blow like Whitney) before her.

The one's yokuzin mentioned are classic tunes in the popular sense.

What Kid Rock is saying about her not having a Purple Rain or Sweet Home Alabama makes sense - she's the biggest star on the planet, but she really has no mega-hits like a Thriller, Beat It, Bilie Jean, etc. I mean women still wildout to P.Y.T. like they do Single Ladies.

Her songs are more like Who Let the Dogs Out and Come and Ride the Train - hot for the moment, but not timeless enough to warrant her borderline extraterrestrial success. But, she is so successful because the machine is making sure she is...just like Katy Perry (with no timeless hits), Taylor Swift (with no timeless hits), and Justin Bieber (no timeless hits). I compare Beyonce to Janet Jackson and I absolutely love and respect both of them.

This generation is all about What Do I Like THIS Moment and that's not conducive for songs like We Are the World or Man In the Mirror - their attention span is not into that amount of depth.

What Kid Rock is saying about her not having a Purple Rain or Sweet Home Alabama makes sense - she's the biggest star on the planet, but she really has no mega-hits like a Thriller, Beat It, Bilie Jean, etc. I mean women still wildout to P.Y.T. like they do Single Ladies.

Her songs are more like Who Let the Dogs Out and Come and Ride the Train - hot for the moment, but not timeless enough to warrant her borderline extraterrestrial success. But, she is so successful because the machine is making sure she is...just like Katy Perry (with no timeless hits), Taylor Swift (with no timeless hits), and Justin Bieber (no timeless hits). I compare Beyonce to Janet Jackson and I absolutely love and respect both of them.

This generation is all about What Do I Like THIS Moment and that's not conducive for songs like We Are the World or Man In the Mirror - their attention span is not into that amount of depth.
I don't disagree with your general theme, but almost 3 decades on top is more than just a moment.

How do you define a timeless hit? A good song is a good song, and it can be played at any time. What makes u think in 20 years her top songs wont sound good?

She's Pop, u can't drag her into some purist evaluation.

I don't disagree with your general theme, but almost 3 decades on top is more than just a moment.

Who are you talking about with "almost 3 decades on top" - Beyonce and Destiny's Child????

And in terms of timeless hits I can absolutely say she has none until time proves me otherwise. A few hits like Bills Bills Bills and Survivor does not make anything "timeless".

Last edited:

I'm going to break down what he said in a minute.....but let me explain my piece on this quote

To have an "AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT"........YOU must be accepted by America. By America meaning America as a whole. People here have their likes and don't likes....but most of it has been FORCED on them. Just for being black "urban music" gets no respect even for white artist. Believe it or not there are lots of white people that do not like Eminem....because he creates "black people music". Sorry....Em doesn't have an "AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT" because of that alone. Nore does MC Hammer......nore does any rapper you will name. ROCK, BLUES, AND JAZZ are considered AMERICA'S MUSIC! (created by blacks by the way). These three genres are still dominate today (DO NOT GO BACK AND FORTH WITH ME ON THAT BULLSHIT BILLBOARd CHART AND RECORD SELLS)......they will continue to dominate. You MPC, Maschine, Fruity Loop musicians will NEVER take their place......you will never be allowed to take their place. This is not me saying this......this is what AMERICA CHOOSES.....this is what is programmed in our minds. You can not enter an argument of great musicians without the selected "AMERICANIZED FEW" in Jazz, Rock, and Blues.

With that said........that is why Beyonce as a black female artist "will not be respected" as having classics "when she does" .....and Prince as a black male artist will forever be some sort of musical GOD.....when truthfully Purple Rain (a soundtrack) was "all he had" when we consider the AMERICANIZED MEGA HIT makers. M.J's MEGA HITS were what.....(take a wild guess)? ROCK BASED! Don't go trying to grab off the wall shit and say any of that black people shit was MEGA HIT SHIT......that is Beyonce category shit...right? Like Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is shit compared to Beat It...........(DUUUURRRR BA DUBBY DUUUUR.... DUUNADUNT DUNT!!!! CHICKY DUUN CHICKY DUUN DUUUUUN....CHICKY DUUN CHICKY DUUN DUUUN!!! Americanized Hit! Thriller....Billy Jean.......rock shit! Rock was pop....and it fit in. Jimi Hendrix........had no MEGA HIT.....but he is considered the greatest guitarist of all time which "OUTWEIGHS HIT RECORDS". See where this goes? Rock, Blues, and Jazz rules and still rules. When your mind is stuck on charts and sales then it's hard to grip that understanding. When you see it for what it really is, then you notice you hear the shit almost 100 times a day.....(unless you stay your ass in the hood, in the house, away from grocery stores, don't watch T.V, and various other daily events. It is part of your system...your immune to it. It doesn't bother you. Urban music, however, BOTHERS PEOPLE!!! Not you....you create the shit.....or yeah.....maybe some of it..maybe it some of it you hate....or maybe you one of them ROCK mfers.....:). But anyway, my point in defense of Bey is......the line has to be drawn. Because it isn't fair to attack an "URBAN ARTIST" with America's choices due to people being brainwash that this music is the best. Urban music will never be able to compare....but it doesn't mean it's not a classic. He could've said that shit about ANY ARTIST THAT IS OF AN URBAN GENRE!!! Why I say he attacked urban music, not just Bey. Bey is a huge "urban" artist. Time to big up what I do....because it is AMERICA'S CHOICE! Bullshit......fuuck him.

All and all.....that shit was an attack on a popular artist in the urban department to big up Rock and Roll for his up and coming new album. A marketing strategy. Two rival teams play, you talk shit about the other team.....because you know the fans relate to how you feel....(even if you may not feel that way). They ready to spend money and watch that game. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Because it isn't fair to attack an "URBAN ARTIST" with America's choices due to people being brainwash that this music is the best. Urban music will never be able to compare....but it doesn't mean it's not a classic. He could've said that shit about ANY ARTIST THAT IS OF AN URBAN GENRE!!! Why I say he attacked urban music, not just Bey. Bey is a huge "urban" artist.

All and all.....that shit was an attack on a popular artist in the urban department to big up Rock and Roll for his up and coming new album.

I agree it was partially a marketing ploy, but do you believe if Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber were hotter and bigger than Beyone IN THIS MOMENT he wouldn't say the same things about them??

Btw - Man in the Mirror and We Are the World aren't rock hits...

...and Jimmy Hendrix had hits (don't ask Billboard or the Grammys seeing how neither Jimmy nor the Beatles ever won a Grammy) when he was alive - Fire and Manic Depression...ask anybody who was alive in the 60's and they will tell you how much the world love Jimmy for his talent.

...and I'm pretty sure Boyz 2 Men had some MEGA HITS that weren't Rock/Blues/Jazz...

I agree it was partially a marketing ploy, but do you believe if Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber were hotter and bigger than Beyone IN THIS MOMENT he wouldn't say the same things about them??

Btw - Man in the Mirror and We Are the World aren't rock hits...

Fans of Taylor Swift most likely "hate" urban music.....it's sooooo....not suitable for little Peggy to listen to......she is only 4 years old...you know...she doesn't need to be influenced by that...black people music crap that makes those people crazy drug addicts......Drunk In Love....not in my house!!!!! Plus she is a skinny white girl....that's what he likes. Bieber? You kidding?

O.K.......let's gather up all of the songs ever created that ARE MEGA HITS and also not ROCK...............

...and Jimmy Hendrix had hits (don't ask Billboard or the Grammys seeing how neither Jimmy nor the Beatles ever won a Grammy) when he was alive - Fire and Manic Depression...ask anybody who was alive in the 60's and they will tell you how much the world love Jimmy for his talent.

...and I'm pretty sure Boyz 2 Men had some MEGA HITS that weren't Rock/Blues/Jazz...

Missed my point............It was (accepted by AMERICA). It's R&B, but people are spending money to see different "Jazz, Rock, and Blues musicians" perform the song in the genre they specialize in. Why isn't Motown Philly a Mega Hit? Hell....why isn't Gangsta Lean a Mega Hit? lol!!!! My point.

And we can speak on Hendrix having "hits" the same way Beyonce has "hits"......my point.

Last edited:
Fans of Taylor Swift most likely "hate" urban music.....

Please find me a fan of Taylor Swift that doesn't also like Iggy Azalea, Nicki Minaj or even Drake which are "urban" music whatever that means from some old white guys definitions of music.

What people fail to realize is the music "business" has grossly changed from 1960 to 2015...so, your "point" on Jimi Hendrix having hits compared to Beyonce makes no sense. You also said that in order to be "accepted" by America you have to be either Jazz/Blues/Rock, but then catch feelins when I point out 2 songs from one group that is RnB. Also, why isn't BB King the richest man in America since apparently his music is the ultimate acceptance of American music?

Matter fact - don't answer...I'm bored with this conversation - play on.

Beyonce no timeless hits? That's one of the stupidest things I've heard. She has at least two. Crazy in Love and Single ladies. Crazy in Love was timeless enough to be put into a new album for a movie over ten years after it's original release. Those songs come on and people go crazy

^^^^^compared to Sweet Home Alabama? You got to be kiddin me!!!! ;)

My on goings is to explain why a majority agree with Kid Rock "blindly".........not to argue over what is actually common sense when you step outside in the good ole USA.

Good to research things for self also........

What the hell is this........turning America's song into some urbanized garbage! I'm flabbergasted!!! I am shocked and appalled!!! And the President allowed this.....and we wonder why this country is going to HEEEELLLLLL!!!!

"but hey....this is 2015............"and music business is different".......and blah blah blah blah nonsense........." :)

Bring it on dead gummit!!!!

Last edited:
Back