Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the song. The beat is like a 7/10. Lyrics were on point. Not a radio or club hit BUT cant argue with what he's saying. Just like ^^ someone up there was saying 3K did similar ppl would gripe because its not about Money Power Respect P***y (insert rick ross HUGH) but its different

Ummm...kinda like...this song?

And what "genre died out"?

I'm speaking as far as the masses. Most music fans stop listening to rap like how it used to be the most popular genre in the mid 90s and in the mid 2000s.

Heck we even took up EDM for 4 years and got over that too.

A lot has happened in the world.

Welcome to earth 2015

So, nobody listens to Drake, Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea and Lil Wayne?
Usually the type of people who don't know how to use the internet to discover new music and the type of demographics that still listen to the radio like minorities or the generally uninitiated.

But that doesn't = "the masses" There are many people billions more who don't even know who any of the those 4 artists are. And that number is bigger than the demographics who do.

But its normal for people to think the world revolves around the world that they know.

All Im saying is the internet has scattered everything so there are many people out there who just found their own thing and you don't know about it because its not a pop culture thing.

Last edited:
Usually the type of people who don't know how to use the internet to discover new music and the type of demographics that still listen to the radio like minorities or the generally uninitiated.

So, minorities don't know how to use the internet and only listen to the radio?

You do realize that 70% of rap consumers are white, right????

You do realize how much money Young Money made last year, right????
Lil Wayne, Birdman, Drake & Nicki Minaj All On The 2014 Forbes ?Hip-Hop Cash Kings? List

I can't tell if you're really a troll or you truly believe the stuff you type...did you get your opinions from Fox News or the local dive bar?

Last edited:
So, minorities don't know how to use the internet and only listen to the radio?

You do realize that 70% of rap consumers are white, right????

You do realize how much money Young Money made last year, right????
Lil Wayne, Birdman, Drake & Nicki Minaj All On The 2014 Forbes ?Hip-Hop Cash Kings? List

I can't tell if you're really a troll or you truly believe the stuff you type...did you get your opinions from Fox News or the local dive bar?

You do realize that stat if from like the mid 2000s right?

Nobody listens to rap anymore. not white people, nor cool minorities.

And young money is pop music.

They made money being celebrity leaders of that market

A market much smaller than lets say Fox News

they are the kings of nothing is what i am saying.

I think you are exactly the type of person who thinks the world centers around them.

You don't realize most people in the world have no idea who those people are.

Theres 300 million Americans. Your list of followers and followings on twitter is not representative of the world. Its a tiny demographic in a giant ocean of randomness.

Last edited:
You do realize that stat if from like the mid 2000s right?

Nobody listens to rap anymore. not white people, nor cool minorities.

they are the kings of nothing is what i am saying.

I think you are exactly the type of person who thinks the world centers around them.

You don't realize most people in the world have no idea who those people are.

Theres 300 million Americans. Your list of followers and followings on twitter is not representative of the world. Its a tiny demographic in a giant ocean of randomness.

You do realize all you've done is spout your opinion and haven't produced ONE piece of a respectable cited source????

And you got "rid" of EDM already? Doesn't seem to be hurting Calvin Harris and Tiesto's pockets.
Top 50 Richest DJs | Celebrity Net Worth

"...nor cool minorities"???? You have zero "minority" friends and have no idea what you're talking about. I guess I will just have to listen to my hip hop and go to shows as a non-cool minority all by myself SMH.

I'm bored with this conversation - play on.

Yeah cool people still say "SMH" in 2015 and everyone still uses Twitter.

You're the best

You're on fleek right now

Last edited:
Lol now the King Kunta song

Good idea to infuse more racism into the youth and give them a chip on the shoulder lol lol

You seem fairly delusional. I'm assuming you're just trolling, but even so, I get the impression that some tiny paranoid part of you actual believes that Kendrick Lamar is racist because he's a black guy dropping n-bombs. I hope you realize nobody on here is going to agree with you. I also hope you realize that when you drop comments like that without explaining yourself, it makes people start to wonder if you're some type of "white power" dude.

You seem fairly delusional. I'm assuming you're just trolling, but even so, I get the impression that some tiny paranoid part of you actual believes that Kendrick Lamar is racist because he's a black guy dropping n-bombs. I hope you realize nobody on here is going to agree with you. I also hope you realize that when you drop comments like that without explaining yourself, it makes people start to wonder if you're some type of "white power" dude.

Not really.

I just like saying the truth and having delusional people like you who are scarred by your urban-centricity and the deep rooted need to feel like the world revolves around your ego react with such childish whining.

The reality is it doesnt matter what race someone is.

Racism isn't wrong because it hurts the adults who say it to each other, its wrong because it hurts kids who are too young to process the complexity of the issues yet. And kids absorb everything adults do so thats why its wrong to spread racism like that till it reaches the childrens sensors. Theres rarely a need to bring race up for that reason.

It doesn't matter who says what to whom, whats wrong is the way y'all traumatize the kids by bringing stuff up like this 3x a day man.

Nobody should be dropping N-bombs everyone should be trying to coexist peacefully with each other and being more civilized.

So yeah, absolutely without a doubt, Kendrick Lamar is a racist. He brought up race in this song and is acting obsessed with his race. Racism is when you bring up race. Is it racial hatred? No. Is it classified as a form of racism that enflames traumatic issues in kids? Yes. By its very definition of classifying the human race into sub groups. We aren't different races, we are all the same race, the human race. Geographical origin should be irrelevant in how we treat each other. Thats what we should teach the kids, not trying to encourage/instill pride in their ethnic genetic origin.

So are you for saying something about me being "white" on a board about music like as if you need the crowd to agree with you and do something about it.

You need that type of reaction to feel safe in the world.

to me I just lol. Because Im actually not racist since Im white I was never traumatized like that by my race so I don't think about it much nor does it affect my identity.

Neither should you nor Kendrick or the people that still listen to his music anymore. This is coming from a guy who was in the studio with him via my friends who produced for him all the time like five years ago when he was still relevant and people still listened to rap music like that.

Last edited:
I just like saying the truth and having delusional people like you who are scarred by your urban-centricity and the deep rooted need to feel like the world revolves around your ego react with such childish whining.

Seriously, you interpreted my brief and simple criticism as childish whining? Quit taking yourself so seriously.

Racism isn't wrong because it hurts the adults who say it to each other, its wrong because it hurts kids who are too young to process the complexity of the issues yet.

Racism is wrong because it hurts kids AND adults. I'm not sure why you think it only applies to kids, that's ridiculous. It's a very serious issue worldwide and affects people regardless of age.

However my main issue is this.
Racism is when you bring up race

Where do you get that from? Discussing race is "racism"? I'm curious what you think of the civil rights movement, is that racist too? I understand that you're trying to make a distinction between racism and "racial hatred". That's fine if you want to separate them into two categories. It's a little semantic but I could go along with your point if that was all you were arguing. However you then go on to state that not only is discussing race "racism" but that it's negative and inflames traumatic issues. If you believe mentioning race in a medium that children might read, watch, or listen to is "racist" and bad, then yes, you are delusional. You're refusing to acknowledge the complex history of humankind, the rich diversity in our society, and differences in various cultures.

Seriously, you interpreted my brief and simple criticism as childish whining? Quit taking yourself so seriously.

Racism is wrong because it hurts kids AND adults. I'm not sure why you think it only applies to kids, that's ridiculous. It's a very serious issue worldwide and affects people regardless of age.

However my main issue is this.

Where do you get that from? Discussing race is "racism"? I'm curious what you think of the civil rights movement, is that racist too? I understand that you're trying to make a distinction between racism and "racial hatred". That's fine if you want to separate them into two categories. It's a little semantic but I could go along with your point if that was all you were arguing. However you then go on to state that not only is discussing race "racism" but that it's negative and inflames traumatic issues. If you believe mentioning race in a medium that children might read, watch, or listen to is "racist" and bad, then yes, you are delusional. You're refusing to acknowledge the complex history of humankind, the rich diversity in our society, and differences in various cultures.

Yes that is the difference I was highlighting between "racism" and "racial hatred" and even level 3 "institutionalized racism" which is why the civil right movement was different because it was a level 3 type thing. But all, level 1 (racism) obviously level 2 (racial hatred) and obviously 3 are all bad for kids. You'd be the first person to say "racism still exists" in society and its true, but that is like 90% because of minorities and the way identity is formed as children. The sociological solution is somewhere along the lines of moving on to a brighter future, not open up old wounds. It does no good for the adults, and its even worse for kids growing up.

As for your bolded statement that is loaded with pain I think its irrelevant and a more healthy rendering would be to say:

We are Americans. It doesn't matter where we came from.

Even if you're able to say that discussing race is "racism" (a point I still disagree with but can live with), it's quite a jump to say that discussing race is bad. People should learn their history and have a strong sense of social justice, a quality that should start to develop while at a young age

Also, you're saying that "like 90% of racism in society is because of minorities and the way identity is formed as children"? Obviously it's a random number you made up with no basis in reality simply to try to prove your point. Regardless, blaming 90% of racism on minorities is ridiculous. There was slavery in the United States for centuries, followed by extremely racist policies for well over 100 years after slavery was abolished. The effects of that do not disappear easily, especially not when people such as yourself blame racism on minorities. You're calling a successful black man racist for including his experiences and point of view in his music/art, that is why I said you're delusional. We are all Americans, and the different experiences, backgrounds, and cultures that we identify with DO MATTER. Diversity is all around you, ignoring it or claiming that it should not be expressed is misguided.

Sorry if it's inconvenient for you or if you think my words are "loaded with pain", but acknowledging the past and the present is the key to a brighter future, not ignoring social injustices.

Even if you're able to say that discussing race is "racism" (a point I still disagree with but can live with), it's quite a jump to say that discussing race is bad. People should learn their history and have a strong sense of social justice, a quality that should start to develop while at a young age

Also, you're saying that "like 90% of racism in society is because of minorities and the way identity is formed as children"? Obviously it's a random number you made up with no basis in reality simply to try to prove your point. Regardless, blaming 90% of racism on minorities is ridiculous. There was slavery in the United States for centuries, followed by extremely racist policies for well over 100 years after slavery was abolished. The effects of that do not disappear easily, especially not when people such as yourself blame racism on minorities. You're calling a successful black man racist for including his experiences and point of view in his music/art, that is why I said you're delusional. We are all Americans, and the different experiences, backgrounds, and cultures that we identify with DO MATTER. Diversity is all around you, ignoring it or claiming that it should not be expressed is misguided.

Sorry if it's inconvenient for you or if you think my words are "loaded with pain", but acknowledging the past and the present is the key to a brighter future, not ignoring social injustices.

Look at this video of kids who get laced with "social justice" and the reaction to what I was referring to as loaded with pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOFzXZtj9IY

One of the commenters posted #mikebrown on this when it was posted like its some "social justice"

The girl is young and overloaded with racist concepts she can't grasp. To the point she attacked a small child.

Is this social justice?

The fact is minorities are way more racist than non-minorities. And Lamar is just fanning the flames of the pain by being a respected artist and encouraging racist thought and racist dialogue.

The fact is none of the stuff that happened in the past matters outside of that descendants of slaves didnt have education. Its like the only solution and the thing that urban minorities don't have is education.

Racism isn't educating black mothers to love. Its just teaching them to teach their kids to hate themselves and others.

I know this is too complicated for you to understand psychologically and sociologically but that is the only solution.

Its like having an OS with no programs installed, single mothers need to copy the programs from us to function as computers and as humans in society. All information is just patterns. My ancestors downloaded a lot of good software in my brain, but urban mothers didnt get any from their parents who were children of uneducated slaves.

so the solution is to copy the lessons of American civilization into the urban family unit and popularize THAT, not brush up on old blues songs and indulge in pain.

Last edited:
Not really.

The reality is it doesnt matter what race someone is.

Racism isn't wrong because it hurts the adults who say it to each other, its wrong because it hurts kids who are too young to process the complexity of the issues yet. And kids absorb everything adults do so thats why its wrong to spread racism like that till it reaches the childrens sensors. Theres rarely a need to bring race up for that reason.

It doesn't matter who says what to whom, whats wrong is the way y'all traumatize the kids by bringing stuff up like this 3x a day man.

Nobody should be dropping N-bombs everyone should be trying to coexist peacefully with each other and being more civilized.

So yeah, absolutely without a doubt, Kendrick Lamar is a racist. He brought up race in this song and is acting obsessed with his race. Racism is when you bring up race. Is it racial hatred? No. Is it classified as a form of racism that enflames traumatic issues in kids? Yes. By its very definition of classifying the human race into sub groups. We aren't different races, we are all the same race, the human race. Geographical origin should be irrelevant in how we treat each other. Thats what we should teach the kids, not trying to encourage/instill pride in their ethnic genetic origin.

So are you for saying something about me being "white" on a board about music like as if you need the crowd to agree with you and do something about it.

You need that type of reaction to feel safe in the world.

to me I just lol. Because Im actually not racist since Im white I was never traumatized like that by my race so I don't think about it much nor does it affect my identity.

Neither should you nor Kendrick or the people that still listen to his music anymore. This is coming from a guy who was in the studio with him via my friends who produced for him all the time like five years ago when he was still relevant and people still listened to rap music like that.

i agree with you on some of your points. i heard the song once. it sounds like he was angry. do i think he's a racist, not at all. not anymore than i think donald sterling is. people crucified him and they managed to take his team. it sounds like something might have happened that would make him upset enough to externalize feelings like that. like something racist happened or was happening that made him feel the need to make a song like that. i mean it seems like at least every other month we have another case of a young black male being shot, often times unarmed, due to some altercation with the police. the police are too deep to need to shoot anyone if you really think about it. unless they were fighting the hulk, they should be able to solve most problems with non-lethal weapons. unless whoever the culprit is decides to be on some Rambo shit. then i wouldn't blame them for grabbing guns. but it might just be a black male psyche thing. to have us all afraid or have some fear or distrust of cops, and cops to profile blacks, which would be symptoms and byproducts of racism.

but something racist might have happened to him first, to make him feel the need to say what he did. a girl ever break your heart? if you really loved or cared about her, and she did something shiesty you might be on some "*****es and ****" vibe for some time. does that make you a sexist? or were you angry and hurt? are you now prejudiced to every girl you meet because that girl broke your heart? so all women went from being women to all of them being "*****es"?

sounds like something that has to do with maturity. there are few people who have managed to remain completely "pure" and somehow make it without ever having to experience the heartbreak of racism, or anything that might make them mad enough to generalize or rule out a whole group of people.

i might have to relisten to it. it sounded angry from what i remember.

we should promote kids being proud of being human first, but they should also have ethnic/genetic origin pride. to be black and proud is important. because black people's history is so ****ed up compared to everyone else. blacks are different from african american's based on the fact that we don't have an actual language. there is so much pride, and identity that's tied in your language. the fact that i'm fluent in english, and have no idea what country my ancestors are from, shows you what the institution of slavery managed to do. here's something to think about. the same age at which we're supposed to learn about slavery, is the same grade that if you don't learn how to read, you're gonna go to prison. (the third grade.) (for young black males)

if your country is your mother, your language is your father. i wonder what the ratio of young black males is that have ever heard the following statement. "if you don't like it, go back to Africa." how many blacks growing up today know someone who lived and experienced stuff when there were literally facilities that said "whites only" or "colored." my father did, and never once has he taught me to be racist. he's said racist stuff before, and he's had experiences happen to him that would cause me to sympathize with him, if he chose to be a racist. so there's really no excuse to me. however I'm understanding when it happens. blacks are literally a product of racism, i'm not making excuses for him, but i'm not condemning him either.

also you mention him being obsessed with his race when "he brought it up" but you went on to mention "since I'm white I was never traumatized like that by my race." so you mention that we're humans, but then you go back to the same programming that everyone else has been affected by, when you mentioned "my race."

he's an artist expressing how he feels at that time. it's better he puts in a song if that's his way of dealing with it, than reacting violently right? eminem used to talk about pretty graphic stuff in his art. have you heard "the marshall mathers lp" if kendrick lamar's a racist, then eminem's a drug addicted homophobic serial killer, who's also fatally attracted to his wife. but if you believe that, then make sure you listen to "renegades" by Jay-Z. but to condemn someone based on what someone says when they're angry, is not always the best gauge. and some art from an artist might offend, but that's what makes them an artist.

Look at this video of kids who get laced with "social justice" and the reaction to what I was referring to as loaded with pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOFzXZtj9IY

One of the commenters posted #mikebrown on this when it was posted like its some "social justice"

The girl is young and overloaded with racist concepts she can't grasp. To the point she attacked a small child.

Is this social justice?

The fact is minorities are way more racist than non-minorities. And Lamar is just fanning the flames of the pain by being a respected artist and encouraging racist thought and racist dialogue.

The fact is none of the stuff that happened in the past matters outside of that descendants of slaves didnt have education. Its like the only solution and the thing that urban minorities don't have is education.

Racism isn't educating black mothers to love. Its just teaching them to teach their kids to hate themselves and others.

I know this is too complicated for you to understand psychologically and sociologically but that is the only solution.

Its like having an OS with no programs installed, single mothers need to copy the programs from us to function as computers and as humans in society. All information is just patterns. My ancestors downloaded a lot of good software in my brain, but urban mothers didnt get any from their parents who were children of uneducated slaves.

so the solution is to copy the lessons of American civilization into the urban family unit and popularize THAT, not brush up on old blues songs and indulge in pain.
Wait, wtf?

The dudes saying racism doesn't exist are also the same ones saying women are treated equally as men and hold just as many positions of power...and they have convinced themselves to believe it.

"It's a woman's fault and she is sexist when she says all 20 people in positions of power at her company are white guys...how dare she bring that up!!"

i agree with you on some of your points. i heard the song once. it sounds like he was angry. do i think he's a racist, not at all. not anymore than i think donald sterling is. people crucified him and they managed to take his team. it sounds like something might have happened that would make him upset enough to externalize feelings like that. like something racist happened or was happening that made him feel the need to make a song like that. i mean it seems like at least every other month we have another case of a young black male being shot, often times unarmed, due to some altercation with the police. the police are too deep to need to shoot anyone if you really think about it. unless they were fighting the hulk, they should be able to solve most problems with non-lethal weapons. unless whoever the culprit is decides to be on some Rambo shit. then i wouldn't blame them for grabbing guns. but it might just be a black male psyche thing. to have us all afraid or have some fear or distrust of cops, and cops to profile blacks, which would be symptoms and byproducts of racism.

Well I don't label people as if there are good people and bad people and look for clues as to their inner psyche. My life outlook is based in science and psychology and the reality is we evolved to be predators. To hunt and rape and kill. Its society that trains us at a very young age to not kill and to not rape and such. One of the lessons to be involved in that is to not be ethnocentric, in other-words to override that biology inside us, and all animals, that sees something and assess if that is like you, or different than you. It goes back to primal times when animals had to find out who their family were and differentiate between friend or foe. So its natural to gravitate to people who are exactly like you and to be biased against people who are not like you. Its just a matter of do people override that urge to be immature like that or do they have a sense of honor, context, and civilization.

So in a sense everyone has racist tendencies, just the "correct" ones don't let that get in the way of business or social situations and try to treat everyone generally equal and fairly. Everyone was born a killer except we raised them up to know its wrong.

So was Sterling a classic old school racist? Sure, but so was Lebron for reacting like some Urban racial folk hero. Are the cops biased (and for statistical good reason, poor guys) yeah, but so are the perpetrators resisting arrest because "cops are racist." Yeah. Everyone involved is classified as racist.

Thats why in my opinion the solution is to be not racist in the first place and make the subject a think that focuses on teaching people the understand one another better and more intelligently. Not to believe in religion and history as much as biology and sociology and psychology. When we ask why people do what they do, we understand them better and have a deeper appreciation and love for their human condition, such as with how rap music helps people in general appeal to the urban experience to understand the depth of the struggle and not see everyone in the ghetto are soulless gutter trash instead its like romanticizing it.

we should promote kids being proud of being human first, but they should also have ethnic/genetic origin pride. to be black and proud is important. because black people's history is so ****ed up compared to everyone else. blacks are different from african american's based on the fact that we don't have an actual language. there is so much pride, and identity that's tied in your language. the fact that i'm fluent in english, and have no idea what country my ancestors are from, shows you what the institution of slavery managed to do. here's something to think about. the same age at which we're supposed to learn about slavery, is the same grade that if you don't learn how to read, you're gonna go to prison. (the third grade.) (for young black males)

if your country is your mother, your language is your father. i wonder what the ratio of young black males is that have ever heard the following statement. "if you don't like it, go back to Africa." how many blacks growing up today know someone who lived and experienced stuff when there were literally facilities that said "whites only" or "colored." my father did, and never once has he taught me to be racist. he's said racist stuff before, and he's had experiences happen to him that would cause me to sympathize with him, if he chose to be a racist. so there's really no excuse to me. however I'm understanding when it happens. blacks are literally a product of racism, i'm not making excuses for him, but i'm not condemning him either.

This is where it gets complicated and you have to see the big picture. But that bolded statement is absolutely what is wrong with minority thinking and what keeps fanning the flames of racism in minorities.

The reason they are "down" is because they can't integrate into the greater system because in the business world, two white men talking are just two men in their minds. They don't see themselves as race as part of their identity. But then when you see two black dudes, (even if they don't know each other) they will connect on some racial level beyond the default of two men talking, instead they are two "brothazz" in the struggle talking so little stuff like that is different in the mainframe identity of "proud" minorities and how they deal with their status. Its like this open wound that never closes.

So in the business world people hate to pander to each other. In friendship sure we can just accept anyone. But in the business world, if you are white you are judged by your stength and weakness and merit and its a thing outside of tolerating "racial sensitivity". Its kinda like how women don't make good Marines because they have a period and might bleed on a sniper mission. Minority racism is a crutch because at the end of the day nobody gives a fuk and has their own problems and goals in life.

So just like a random white American guy isn't white and proud, neither should blacks or mexicans or asians be proud to be an race/ethnic group, but rather should just be proud to be an American.

The thing about slavery is not the hit to the ego, it was the hit to the cultural origin. Like education other groups had, slaves didnt have an origin because they couldn't read or write and pass on culture, neither African nor American. But the cool thing is American culture is now the ultimate culture all other countries aspire to experience and emulate and live up to. African Americans are in a great position to get first hand absorption of this new modern phenomenon when most other countries are still behind. Like damn you're lucky your grandparents got sold by your people for some fake jewels and came to paradise and gave birth to your parents so you will one day enjoy a better life lol. All black mothers have to do is learn from the education sources available today with the internet. They just have to be convinced to copy us, instead of trying to rebel agains us like negative black leaders like al sharpton try to lead a path to pain and reopening wounds. Obama doesn't say anything to help. Hell, Bill Cosby was more right in the 80s when he was always aggressively encouraging education in minorities and black households.

Also white people don't accept it or understand slavery as an excuse (There is still super serious slavery in 3rd world countries even today black Americans are lucky) because they think its the ego that is still the problem but its not, the problem is like I said; penetration of education on a mass scale to single mothers in the struggle.

also you mention him being obsessed with his race when "he brought it up" but you went on to mention "since I'm white I was never traumatized like that by my race." so you mention that we're humans, but then you go back to the same programming that everyone else has been affected by, when you mentioned "my race."

he's an artist expressing how he feels at that time. it's better he puts in a song if that's his way of dealing with it, than reacting violently right? eminem used to talk about pretty graphic stuff in his art. have you heard "the marshall mathers lp" if kendrick lamar's a racist, then eminem's a drug addicted homophobic serial killer, who's also fatally attracted to his wife. but if you believe that, then make sure you listen to "renegades" by Jay-Z. but to condemn someone based on what someone says when they're angry, is not always the best gauge. and some art from an artist might offend, but that's what makes them an artist.

I understand the type of Erica Badu soul vibe he's going for but thats my overall idea is its just bad timing and its a device that isn't sociologically healthy for the black community.

All members of all groups are more racist now than they were five years ago. The human being is not capable of being cured of racism, its can only be treated like its a taboo thing and turned into a cultural pattern where people know its not cool. Just like if a guy came to your house and bragged how he killed someone. You'd be like wtf?? (I hope.) Should be the same if your homie said the N word or brought up race or said something racist despite what race they are.

Should just not even come up because it shouldn't matter what race someone is. Im not a white dude, Im just a dude. Nomsayin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back