Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokuzin

Much Love. Peace!

Told you! He need to quit with all of that alien cute guy voice shit and release more of the beast. The majors are watching.......they take my advice.......don't want to thank me........so fuuck em.

Last edited:
Haha, I like the "alien cute guy voice shit better" actually but this is still pretty cool. It just didn't seem as unique to me, both the beat and the rapping. I like it, but it doesn't seem as cutting edge as his other stuff.

^^^^^I bet there won't be a response from the same rappers talking shit.........

......love how he puts rappers that talk shit on the spot intelligently.....now you got to STFU..

Meh, I can't say i like better than the other tracks he did last year. I thought the beat was okay, but i got high expectations for k-dot at this pt.

And this is the reason i love kendrick!!!!
This is a very contraversial Song But well said well said And very skillfully woaven in. He is a great Inspiration

I think this song is unnecessarily cheaply racist in a way with the little chants.

Especially right off the heels of his last song its almost like they are connected. He tried to pretend he is happy on "i" and flirt with Taylor Swift, and this song comes off almost as an insecure defeat, like crying that in the end he's just always gonna be a black dude and back to that horrid insecurity and rawness. Why are we going there? Again? and Again?

Kendrick was the last traditional rapper before the genre died out and I think his job right now is to try to find a way to make me care about his as an artist by honing his best devices to masterful effect. What Eminem proved is that despite rap being dead, people still have an appetite to see someone who is a master of their craft do their thing.

I think Kendrick needs to stop making concept work and make like a straightforward work of great depth and detail that highlights his most acrobatic lyricism and creates a dense canvas of great rap that delivers for a whole album worth of great verses and creative songs and grooves. And show off too. Don't try to be too artsy just go back to doing what nobody else can do.

Don't try to be Kanye and go back to the basics of being a nerd phenom wordsmith that you would want to chill with in the studio. Thats what compton is about and that is what that whole neo hippy vibe is about so without that vibe there isn't much there as a master thesis.

I think this song is unnecessarily cheaply racist in a way with the little chants.

Especially right off the heels of his last song its almost like they are connected. He tried to pretend he is happy on "i" and flirt with Taylor Swift, and this song comes off almost as an insecure defeat, like crying that in the end he's just always gonna be a black dude and back to that horrid insecurity and rawness. Why are we going there? Again? and Again?

Kendrick was the last traditional rapper before the genre died out and I think his job right now is to try to find a way to make me care about his as an artist by honing his best devices to masterful effect. What Eminem proved is that despite rap being dead, people still have an appetite to see someone who is a master of their craft do their thing.

I think Kendrick needs to stop making concept work and make like a straightforward work of great depth and detail that highlights his most acrobatic lyricism and creates a dense canvas of great rap that delivers for a whole album worth of great verses and creative songs and grooves. And show off too. Don't try to be too artsy just go back to doing what nobody else can do.

Don't try to be Kanye and go back to the basics of being a nerd phenom wordsmith that you would want to chill with in the studio. Thats what compton is about and that is what that whole neo hippy vibe is about so without that vibe there isn't much there as a master thesis.

A) I respect your opinion
B) I disagree with nearly all of it lol. Starting with the "unnecessarily cheaply racist" to "the last traditional rapper before the genre died out"

Only thing I agree with you on is the beat is hard but I can't see Em on a remix as he couldn't relate to the content as he's the beneficiary of White Privilege. I listened to the track 5 times.

Yeah, I don't really seem Eminem at ALL on this track. The song is about racial issues from an African American standpoint lol.

I do love the song though. I'm happy to hear that Kendrick dropped this because it's hinting at what the album will sound like. Lyrically impressive, superb production, and grand storytelling on a wide range. His delivery on this track is impeccable as well.

I like this this track from Kendrick, the rawness from his voice, the racial topics he discusses in his lyrics, and the Boi-1da beat are great. I guess people have this unrealistic expectation from him since his debut album was great. This is similar with Detox and what people expected from Andre 3000, which is why he has been absent from music for so long. I also like how it is connected with "i" calling himself the biggest hypocrite of 2015, overall I really enjoying this song.

Daym this joint go hard.

...and if Eminem were to get on and spit about his feelings on racism, classism, privilege etc. this would be an instant classic.

Damn this is probably THE most terrible analysis of this song I've ever read and that's
saying something with rap Genius around nowadays.

I think Kendrick needs to stop making concept work and make like a straightforward work of great depth and detail that highlights his most acrobatic lyricism and creates a dense canvas of great rap that delivers for a whole album worth of great verses and creative songs and grooves.

Ummm...kinda like...this song?

And what "genre died out"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back