Im done with with trap/ dubstep music

M

mcradoz

it's just copycats copying others? nothing original no more in these 2 who thinks the sameway..?

i dont think its the beats/music as much as the lyrics as far as trap goes. I been kinda branching away cause I feel the same way but honestly I dont really see it going anywhere. That 808 has been bangin for a long time when you think about it. It'll just keep evolving

Is it bad to put snares on the second and forth beat too...why does everyone do that?...Why in most techno you hear kicks on 4/4 beats? You gotta have some kinda structure jacked from somewhere to work in a genre of music...as many ppl say someones copying or not being original...there should be billions of genres out there. Even if you do come up with something new...it doesn't mean everyone's going to like it...be different to say you are, and just do it just to say you did...when you original your just doing you to begin with you don't realize it. I cant understand when ppl talk about being original and try to be different...

Is it bad to put snares on the second and forth beat too...why does everyone do that?...Why in most techno you hear kicks on 4/4 beats? You gotta have some kinda structure jacked from somewhere to work in a genre of music...as many ppl say someones copying or not being original...there should be billions of genres out there. Even if you do come up with something new...it doesn't mean everyone's going to like it...be different to say you are, and just do it just to say you did...when you original your just doing you to begin with you don't realize it. I cant understand when ppl talk about being original and try to be different...

Bro, you lost me.

New music usually comes from, invention, fusion and expansion.

Invention is actually the rarest commodity of all and is more common by accident than by design but expansion is something that is easily the most achievable as all you have to do is take something small and magnify it until it takes on a life of it's own, like forget about using just a little more cow bell, use more cow bell than the last guy who used it, and don't just think of more as having just the one dimension to it, as in just taking something short and extending it, more could also include, pitch, tempo, addition, subtraction or whatever takes shit to the next level.

what Ive always said is mfs can say i sound like this, or I sound like that. But the fact of the matter is I know that I dont sit and think in my production like hmmm so n so did this let me do that. I made the beat, not whoever you think I sound like. Of course I got my influences but like I said, IIIIIII made the shit. And like dude above said if ur in a genre or style u gonna do shit that pertains to that style. It is what it is I like my music and idc who else does really lol. I know my shit is good and I know theres people out there that will like it and thats all you guys should worry about too.

But yeah they call the genre "Trap".....its like trap beats mixed with dubstep. I cant **** with it lol but them dudes are getting show money

lol the bottles did it.

Just saying with music...How original can you be without having some form of something unoriginal incorporated into it for it to appeal to others? If your gonna call a beat a trap beat and categorize it in that genre...its gonna have to sound like something similar in some way shape or form to fit into the genre itself. Ppl borrow and steal for a reason.

be different to say you are, and just do it just to say you did...

That was sarcasm.

I cant understand when ppl talk about being original and try to be different...
You shouldn't have to try to be original, if your all about being original.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

New music usually comes from, invention, fusion and expansion.

Invention is actually the rarest commodity of all and is more common by accident than by design but expansion is something that is easily the most achievable as all you have to do is take something small and magnify it until it takes on a life of it's own, like forget about using just a little more cow bell, use more cow bell than the last guy who used it, and don't just think of more as having just the one dimension to it, as in just taking something short and extending it, more could also include, pitch, tempo, addition, subtraction or whatever takes shit to the next level.

Expansion good way to put it. Like having roots and it growing from there.

Last edited:
Hey bro ! We have a saying over here (Pluto). Being trendy is allready being old school.. Trendy means doing what everyone does,,, Be future and do what no one has yet done !!! Come live on Pluto. here's Pluto's first beatmaking video tutorial w w w . carlitosbeats . c o m

Peace !

That's what happens when nosey ass people getting in other people's business........they want to join in sooo bad......then they get tired of it.......then they shit on it. Why I never liked people outside of shit trying to do shit they don't know about. Because they end up trying something like mixing some other shit they don't know about and create some kind of genre out of it so they can say they are a part of something comfortably.

HOW THE FUUCK DOES "TRAP" BECAUSE THE HAPPY ASS GENRE?

ATL.....we need to get back on our booty shake shit......so these other MFers can feel comfortable stealing that to.

My problem is not the music at all by the way.....it's how people document it wrong for others that don't know shit.......so now you have people selling trap instrumental albums for profit.....labeled as "Trap"......but sounds like they tore the projects down and built a golf course.

It the saidest thing about all of it is that people don't know any better!

So once everyone else jumps into it....that's when people who jumped into it thinking it's some kind of style they are open to.....those same people shit on.

Kiss my ass......this what we do....you tired....shouldn't have jumped in in the first place.

How I feel about. Southern part of the US is full of creativity.....give US OUR MFING CREDIT AND QUIT TRYING TO REINVENT OUR SHIT WITHOUT OUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT....mfers!

Kind of the reason I always had a grudge against Swizz........but it cool since that day he let the world know how his style was developed for real instead of running around like he invented some shit.

You Mfers been biting the ATL for a looooooong ass time.

And half of you mfers never liked real "trap" or "dubstep" music. You like the outsiders that made it comfortable for you.

Just because it has a wobble bass don't mean it's dubstep......it's just a preset......like the other bass sounds. lol!

Rant over.

Sorry 49er fans. Yall cool but he got this. :cheers:

Last edited:
im heavily influenced by the south and the ATL and i dont have any problem admitting it. Thats just the music i grew up listenin too. Jeezy, gucci, wayne etc all the "southern" artists have always been my favorite. You can hear it in my beats i aint claimin to have invented the style but i think im pretty good at it lol

ATL win again. Quit claiming dubstep to.

And whatever you call that new shit in 2016.

Win, win! Go Falcons!

Last edited:
ATL win again. Quit claiming dubstep to.

And whatever you call that new shit in 2016.

Win, win! Go Falcons!

My G that game was crazy lol. That mulligan on the field goal is what did it for em. I didn't have a real preference in that game so it was cool to watch.

That 2OT ravens game was too sick lol Im with baltimore all the way. I wanna see ray lewis get his last ring. Plus im from MD lol. But my favorite team since a kid has been the eagles. But im not a huge football fan I always end up just watching the playoffs. And the eagles either happen to never be there or **** all the way up when they do get the chance lol.

I think the OP is right..every trap beat I hear sounds exactly the same

You just have to branch off and find the love in what you do..then youll see creativity is way better

Back