If you need a contract

M

Music-is-it

There it is. I suggest all of you use them no matter the cost of the beat or how lazy you are. Thats my input haha
PEACE!

. Terms

1. This is a Production Agreement this day of ____,2002,
between the Master Producer(you)(production company)______ and the Undersigned Artist_________.

II. Artist Service and Obligations

2 . The Artist has signed a recording contract with the following Record Company
_____ Records, and the date of the contract was_______2002,

3. In this Production Agreement, the Master Producer(you or your production company) is a work for hire for only one recording.

4. Artist promises to pay Master Producer(or production company) the following payment of the amount of
$______ for the duration of one recording.

(A)song title_____________
(b) copyright #_________
(c)publishing company( affiliation )ASCAP/BMI/ or SESAC________

5 Artist promises to make payments to Master Producer(or production company)

(A) 50% of producer fee shall be given at the signing of this production agreement and another 50% shall be given after the commencement of the final mix....(you can get 100% upfront if you want your call)

6. This Production Agreement hereby requests, instructs, authorizes, and empowers Record Company(in your case the artist) to pay Master Producer(or production company) all producer fees agreed upon.

III. Miscellaneous

7. This Production Agreement can and will be used in a court of law (city, state) in the event that there is a breach of these contractual provisions.

8. By signing this Agreement you(artist) hereby grant our publshing designee 50% of your share of world-wide copyrights for this recording.

9.The duration of this agreement commences as of the date of the contact between the Artist and the Master Producer(production company) ____ ,2002.

10. In witness where of we have entered into this written agreement as of the date above,
witness signs this day of ________________,2002.

Witness:_______________________

Master Producer: (you,or production company)___________

11. You have read and understood this Agreement and by signing in the space provided below, agree to be bound by the provisions hereof.

Agreed to and accepted.........

Artist______________________

so does that mean....

.... tht the contract I devised that I sent you isn't good to use? Awww, son of a monkey's *ss! lol. Nah... I hope the contract that I made up works... didn't you ask to see it? Just holla back. One.

Genycis

hahaha yeah it was straight I was just posting up the one that everyone kept asking shondrae for. I figured they need it haha. I do mine somewhat similar to this one. I just do more details like yours.

Didn't shondrea post a contract a while back? ia this a different one?

deadmanzproductions said:
Didn't shondrea post a contract a while back? ia this a different one?

He did post up 2 but not one specifically for beat sellers to beat buyers.

Yeah thank you very much.. I would definately like to hear the "details" too :D
Or what kind of things to consider besides what's in the contract so i can make up my own terms.

No problem. I hope I helped alot of you out. Dont leave beats without them. Peace.

Hey i just wanted to ask a couple questions..

1. This is a Production Agreement this day of ____,2002,
between the Master Producer(you)(production company)______ and the Undersigned Artist_________.

So does this mean that you (as producer) should establish your own publishing company so that you don't have to give anything to an existing publishing company? I mean, is the whole point of a publishing company to establish sales and performance royalties (such as radio play and record sales).

2 . The Artist has signed a recording contract with the following Record Company

What if the artist is unsigned? If it's just a starting out rapper that just bought some beats?

Also, there is no mention about the royalties.

Also.. is it a good idea to simply make up two contracts? One basic contract when selling to beginners (un-signed rappers) and a full contract if i'm selling to a signed artist?
Thanx. :)

PS: this would probably be better off in Legal forums.

You always need to establish yourself when it comes to publishing. Such as like Shizoproductions you know. Some will just list there name.

this one you may use your production companies name other than label. Anyone that buys beats or are a established artist are gonna have a underground label name or something. So it depends on them really.

This contract is basically the layout so royalties and such maybe added. But basically its for producers coming up. You may wanna build on it or leave as is. It depends on what your status is.

heres anotha contract.

a contract of mynes

PRODUCER AGREEMENT

This agreement is made and entered into this _____ day of ___________, 2003 , by and between "Elements" (“Producer”) and ____________________ or his or her assigns (“Artist”), the terms and conditions of which are set forth below:

1. Producer hereby agrees to render personal services as the producer of ____ ( ) Master recordings which shall constitute an audio recording by artist. For each of the Masters, Producer shall deliver to artist a two-track fully mixed stereo tape, a multi-track master tape. Producer shall personally perform such services as are customarily performed by a record producer, including but not limited to, editing and remixing.

2. Artist Shall own the Masters and all of the rights therein.

3. For the services to be rendered by Producer pursuant to this agreement, Artist agrees to pay Producer as Follows:

A. $_________ upon execution of this Agreement and $___________ before the mix-down of the song, as that term is customarily used in the recording industry.

B. Artist further agrees to pay Producer, in connection with the net sale of any Albums consisting entirely of the Masters hereunder, and sold by Artist, his or her record company, or her assigns or licensees, a royalty (the “Royalty”) computed at the rate of one percent (1%) of Net Sales of the Album in the United States through normal retail channels (“USNRC Net Sales”). All such royalties shall be paid to Producer and on one hundred percent (100%) of the suggested retail list price of the USNRC Net Sales.

4. Artist shall account for and pay to Producer the Royalty described above within forty-five (45) days of the date Artist receives his or her royalty payment from the entity which is responsible for the promotion, marketing, and distribution of the Album (the “Record Company”). Artist shall, however, be only secondarily liable for such royalties, if the Record Company agrees to pay such Royalties directly to Producer.

5. Production credit for the Album shall read, “Produced by Elements for Trak Logix Productions.” Such credit shall be affixed to all labels and sleeves of the album for the song Producer arranged (in all configurations) and in all paid print advertising of one- quarter page or larger in the United States or Canada.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have set our hands this ______ day of ____________, 2003.

Producer: Artist:

_______________________________ ____________________________
Randy Valdez, Trak Logix Productions

combine parts of the contracts u like from MUSIC IS IT and this one. peece n blessings

you dont got what it takes

its people like you that i hate ..ya'll got the money to get the equipment but aint got know skills to bang on it....all ya'll wanna be's is making the game look bad... im the future producer not ya'll ***** wanna bes... this J.TUNEZ....and the name is copywritten so **** ya'll...ha ha im out....im just gon' laugh at ya'll wanna be's:D :p

Oh yeah and someone that wastes there time posting immature sh!t like you have no skills. Otherwise you would put them to work and not hit the comp BSING. Being some teen wanna be themselves. Besides you got natural talent but need a homeboy to help you. Yeah real smart. I wanna hear what you got. POST UP! I am sure boring NM is coming off hard. Also no one here claims to be a producer. Just working on becoming one. Tell me something do you even know what a producer does? Oh and your obviously a hater. I bet you use the comp for beats hahahahaha. Coming in here talkin sh!t. HAAHHAHA You gave me a laugh for the day. THANX C0CK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: you dont got what it takes

J. TUNEZ said:
its people like you that i hate ..ya'll got the money to get the equipment but aint got know skills to bang on it....all ya'll wanna be's is making the game look bad... im the future producer not ya'll ***** wanna bes... this J.TUNEZ....and the name is copywritten so **** ya'll...ha ha im out....im just gon' laugh at ya'll wanna be's:D :p

Why are you so mad, J. TUNEZ?
After all, it's people like you that make English language look bad :0

Don't hate others, hate yourself.

You know what though. If you got skills you could sell your sh!t and get equipment. Thats how I do it. Second if you are so good and you know your sh!t and your not a wanna be status. How come you didnt already have a contract? If your so hot why are you wasting time signing up to come on the board? I make dough and I dont make sh!t music. But I still hit this page up to drop knowledge. I dont hate I work with other musicians. Now if you think your real you would understand that. Every producer shares ideas. No one hates. I am in the middle of working with labels, opening a restraunt in south beach and managing for artist. So if I am a wanna be because I hit the board up then so be it. But I am not some young arrogant kid running my mouth with no back up. So what did I do when I saw your post? I laughed and said oh no not another one. Because the world is full of arragance and your just adding to it. I dont waste my time letting people like you get to me. Thats for sure. I make mine doing what I do. If you think I am gonna be like oh sh!t this kid says I am a wanna be. Hahaha Kid I dont give a ****. I do my thing and make enough to forget about you easy ha ha ha. Anyways I hope this contract helps you all out. Good Luck with turning your closet into a booth or whatever. I will hit you all back in a week. PEACE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back