If we removed the word nigga from hip hop songs do you still think they would be good

do you think hip hop songs would still sound good without the word nigga

• yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I don't buy that.. most don't say it in that context when they are calling each other that
because ...everyone is ignorant of something

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

and be reading what ppl say about Chief Keef
they say he is uneducated and unsophisticated
and he uses the "N" word all the time
I doubt he saying it in the context of
never ignorant getting goals accomplished

but hey we are all grown
if you call me the "N" word
you might as well call
me
jungle bunny or tarbaby or coon

we need to break those words up and make them positive or just the "N" word ??? why only the "N" not the other slurs against Black ppl????????????????????

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Nigga=dude, bruh, guy,pal, bud. That's the context of what I see most people use the word. That's the main reason why I've never really had a problem with it being said. And have never tripped out if I hear a white dude say it in that same context. It's the intent behind the word that makes it an insult to me.

For example. A white dude comes up and says "what's up my nigga" no problem with me.

A black dude comes up and says "You ain't nothing but a nigga and you stuck in that nigga mentality" Problem. In that example the word is being used purposely as a put down.

But this is just my opinion though. I never focus on words. I focus on the intent of the user and the context of which it is use.

On a side note. I believe too many people look for a white person to slip up and say nigga so they can crucify the person for say it, but they never notice when that same white person can't treat you like one. That's always been ass backwards to me.

Excluding the word nigga and common curse words and exchanging them for a different word only helps your vocabulary and make you unique my opinion

I swear niggas that don't like that word don't understand that niggas aren't "niggers", and that giving a word the power to insult you isn't a smart thing to do.

Instead of wanting others to change, accept what you can and can't do and don't act like a b!tch nigga* when someone says those words

*: B!tch nigga: someone who is reactionary/emotional/confrontational

'Nigga' is jus a fxckin' word, we give it its power through intent. Im SOOOOO tired of cats gettin up in arms about the word 'nigga' but have no clue or don't care about the social climate that created it along with the emotions and sub context attached to it. Ok, lets say niggaz stopped using 'nigga' altogether, a billion words would be created or re-lexified to fill in the gap. Its foolish to think that you can change socio-political issues by not using a word. Period. If someone looks at us and thinks somethin' racist, taking a word away from them won't take away the emotions that were attached to it. And for HEAVEN SAKE stop over exaggerating how cats use 'nigga' to make it seem like its purely negative. Any word that is a noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, etc, etc, etc, is bound to have a few different definitions, not all of them positive, the problem is that few words CAN be used in so many completely different contexts

By the way, there are plenny dudes who use the word 'nigga' but have a big enough vocabulary to never use it. Words are tools, use them when they're appropriate. Yeah, some words are overused but thats no excuse to limit our tools

Last edited:
Nigga=dude, bruh, guy,pal, bud. That's the context of what I see most people use the word. That's the main reason why I've never really had a problem with it being said. And have never tripped out if I hear a white dude say it in that same context. It's the intent behind the word that makes it an insult to me.

For example. A white dude comes up and says "what's up my nigga" no problem with me.

A black dude comes up and says "You ain't nothing but a nigga and you stuck in that nigga mentality" Problem. In that example the word is being used purposely as a put down.

But this is just my opinion though. I never focus on words. I focus on the intent of the user and the context of which it is use.

On a side note. I believe too many people look for a white person to slip up and say nigga so they can crucify the person for say it, but they never notice when that same white person can't treat you like one. That's always been ass backwards to me.

I agree

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I changed my mind on this, at first I said no but now I say yes.

I think It would still sound good

Last edited:
I agree

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I changed my mind on this, at first I said no but now I say yes.

I think It would still sound good

Lol to be honest, 9x10 the cats that gotta cuss in EVERY line of EVERY track for no reason would sound better without cussin', cus then the track would B jus an instrumental lol

I swear niggas that don't like that word don't understand that niggas aren't "niggers", and that giving a word the power to insult you isn't a smart thing to do.

Instead of wanting others to change, accept what you can and can't do and don't act like a b!tch nigga* when someone says those words

*: B!tch nigga: someone who is reactionary/emotional/confrontational

I think every human being is reactionary/emotional/confrtontational
because that's human being
*****=female dog
nigga=dude,friend(this the definition given by another FP member)

now ppl are acting???
I don't need to change anyone one
the power of Christ to does that

but the question was asked if the word was tooken out of rap songs would it be good of course

why was the "N" word choosen to be change and made from a insult to a common "greeting" filler word???
why not coon change it to coona
why not jungle bunny change it to jungle bunna
why not Tarbaby change it to tarbaba

many folks find it insulting period

most find cussing insulting

but everyone is grown...I just find grown "MEN" who are respectful don't need to use such words
actually I find "Men" who use such words as weak minded and ignorant
that's doesn't mean they're aren't intelligent
but I like to hear you use these explanation when talking to a white supremacist
he/she would probably laugh so hard in your face

but hey not time for a history lesson but you can watch these and understand you should hold yourself to a higher standard
not because you're black because hopefully you had "home training" where you were taught to speak respectfully
I agree social norms change from place to place and who you're around
if everyone you know cussing and says "nigga" you are more likely to say it
but if it's such a common and acceptable word WHY IS IT BEEPED OUT??????
call me by my name please that's all I'm saying period
who is "my nigga"
my parents named me Antonio
again everyone has to chose how they speak and behave
Rpalos are you cool with all races saying "nigga" not nigger but "nigga"???????????????????????????/

random post

rick ross " these niggas can't hold me back, these niggas cant hold me back"

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

actually I find "Men" who use such words as weak minded and ignorant

whoa whoa, I understand your agenda but I wouldn't go that far

There's still part of me that thinks the word is used subconciously to hold whites down or back in a way, or like the guy said above, to crucify us for it if it ever comes out. I'm white myself, and I'm in college. When I chill with my black friends, I swear to god they use it 10x as much when we're all chilling. But when I'm chilling with them like 1-on-1, it NEVER comes out. Maybe it's just cause I'm white they don't use it, but I can't think they really use it that much all the time when we hang together and then it never comes out when I'm with them. Maybe I'm crazy though lol.

As far as if music would still be good without it, yes. In today's age at least, because all the music and rap today is beat-driven instead of lyrically driven (with a few exceptions of course.)

Last edited:
the words black (to some extent) and negro are just as bad as nigga and nigger. i remember malcolm x would only say negro if he had to or he would say "so called negros"

I think every human being is reactionary/emotional/confrtontational
because that's human being
It isn't a smart human being though. You don't have to think to react to something, let your emotions get to you, and start going Chief Keef on niggas cuz of some shit you don't like lol

That's immature ...or b!tchy

If you want to know why "nigga" was chosen, it's probably because "nigger" was never originally an insult and blacks referred to themselves as "niggers" until "negro" became in-fashion.

I'm pretty sure that most people are on the internet, and if that is true I can safely say that most people do not find "cussing"
insulting.

The idea of what respect is happens to be really personal. I'm not gonna call you a nigga because I respect that you find it insulting. I call inanimate objects "niggas", I say "nigga" all the time

I probably wouldn't try to explain anything to white supremacist unless they wanted me to...
Bias and intolerance is pretty weak-minded IMO...unless you have a bias for love and intolerance for hate I guess lol

And words/other shit gets beeped/blurred out because we are all treated as weak-minded emotional people who are taught to believe that "shit" "****" damn" aren't something people should be comfortable with.... We should all be uneasy with farting and sexuality too.

Rpalos are you cool with all races saying "nigga" not nigger but "nigga"???????????????????????????/

By not being cool with it, that would mean that I'd be giving that word power over my emotions.
Why would I do that? Especially when the word isn't an insult. That is some weak shit. I can't come up with a logical reason to be insulted by what other people call their friends

*shrugs*

i kinda have a problem when a white girl says it but not just any white girl. i mean those rich valley white girls that have their parents pay for everything they own. other than that anybody can say it imo.

i kinda have a problem when a white girl says it but not just any white girl. i mean those rich valley white girls that have their parents pay for everything they own. other than that anybody can say it imo.

why the double standard sir?

a rich white girl can't say It but a middle classed white girl can?

If you made it to where you couldn't drop the n word in a rap song anymore, Lil Wayne wouldn't have any words to rhyme anymore lol

maybe its because most rich white girls listen to only pop and country music and the rest actually listen to hip-hop

so there needs to be a special club to say "nigga" but I thought it only meant=dude,friend,guy?????????

you don't need to be in a special club to say dude,friend,guy

so kids from the time they talk should be able to say "nigga" right because it's just a word right...it's not disrespectful?????
it's all good right....
it doesn't insult ppl right????
I'm confused guys
everyone says its just a word and its fine
and don't get in arms about it
so we should make sure our kids know the word and use it all the time with their five year friend while playing kick ball

go to their first job interview and use the word
or is the word only for when you're hanging out???

do you have to have black friends to say the word???

or is there no rules to it
just say it
??????
alot of confusion here now!!!

where are the real men??????????????????????????????????
MAN UP!!!!

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
Back