If we removed the word nigga from hip hop songs do you still think they would be good

do you think hip hop songs would still sound good without the word nigga

• yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
so there needs to be a special club to say "nigga" but I thought it only meant=dude,friend,guy?????????

you don't need to be in a special club to say dude,friend,guy

so kids from the time they talk should be able to say "nigga" right because it's just a word right...it's not disrespectful?????
it's all good right....
it doesn't insult ppl right????
I'm confused guys
everyone says its just a word and its fine
and don't get in arms about it
so we should make sure our kids know the word and use it all the time with their five year friend while playing kick ball

go to their first job interview and use the word
or is the word only for when you're hanging out???

do you have to have black friends to say the word???

or is there no rules to it
just say it
??????
alot of confusion here now!!!

where are the real men??????????????????????????????????
MAN UP!!!!

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

To me it's simply an informal word with multiple meanings behind it depending on the context and the intent of the user. We have many words in our vocabulary who's meaning has changed from negative to neutral to positive or vice versa. The word nigga is simply in flux. A comparative example would be the word gay. Originally it meant happy and joyful. That turned into it meaning homosexual and most people below 21 use the word as a synonym for stupid. Words change meanings all the time. But to actually teach it as some taboo word only adds power to the word and brings up its ugly pass. I thought we want to move forward into a better future. Not let remnants from the past keep us there. I've long been behind the movement to devenomize this word

Mos Def made a song Mr. Nigga. It had a strong meaning behind it. If he couldn't use the word that song would have no impact. What Im trying to say is, it's a negative word but it can help just as much as it can hurt. Just gotta know when and how to use it. the bigger issue to me is the word Bi**h being thrown around in every song you hear today. I took my son to a one year old's birthday party. They had Tyga playing and every verse had 20 bi**hes in it. At a one year old's party. I guess it don't bother people any more. Oh, and a 12 year old girl put the song on. SMH.

Mr Nigga - YouTube

Shit like this happens when niggas don't know their history and can't explain it. White people call each other hillbilly and redneck............we as black people didn't make that up for them. White man didn't make up the word nigga. I would give a warning to a white guy calling me a nigga.....because I don't joke with white people in that way.....it's not right.....it takes away from the history of the humor of the word.....like the white guy calling himself a redneck. I wouldn't call myself a redneck for plenty of reasons. Now......a white dude might get his shit bust wide open calling me a "nigra".....I know you trying to test me then. I would be like a strict dad on his ass. You ain't going to trade damn for dang...and you ain't gonna trade nigga for nigra, nigger, ect....because you trying me then...you testing me.....I'm going to pass the motherfuucker because I know you trying me. I ain't never een around a white dude so cool with me that he would call me his nigga. And I'm cool with a bunch of white folks. It's called respect. I don't walk up to them like "what up you redneck cracka" that opens the door for them to get cool enough to tell little racist jokes and shit.

I see nothing wrong with the word nigga. Not our fault people get offended. You ain't me MFer....why you feel uncomfortable.....I'm simply speaking in a language you "don't need to know about." Like some one speaking spanish.....your not offended...but they talking about your breath, your clothes, calling you all kinds a musty MFer and shit....minding they own business cussing you out 4 feet away.

I ain't stopping being me because someone else is offended. That's their own fault. lol!

Last edited:
Mos Def made a song Mr. Nigga. It had a strong meaning behind it. If he couldn't use the word that song would have no impact. What Im trying to say is, it's a negative word but it can help just as much as it can hurt. Just gotta know when and how to use it. the bigger issue to me is the word Bi**h being thrown around in every song you hear today. I took my son to a one year old's birthday party. They had Tyga playing and every verse had 20 bi**hes in it. At a one year old's party. I guess it don't bother people any more. Oh, and a 12 year old girl put the song on. SMH.

Mr Nigga - YouTube

Bill Cosby was talking about this
folks playing Media with all kinds of cuss words and sex in front of their kids
and then tell their kids hey these stuff is wrong don't be apart of it

I believe men need to be a leader in their home but I noticed alot of cats on here don't have kids
so they feel no need to be "respectful" in their language and actions

as I said you have chose how you behave and speak

I just think calling each other "nigga" is foolish but hey I'm different than a lot of ppl (BUT NOT BETTER) just different mind state

-Coach Antonio

I dont think so.

A mainstream hip hop song without the word nigga is like peanut butter without the jelly, lol

vote and tell me what you guys think?

I have heard plenty of songs that the word ni99a or curse words were used and added no value to the song. Some songs sound worse with curse words. I think cursing is overused as if cursing will make you appear to be harder. I still believe that it's a more difficult task to write a hardcore rhyme without curses and still deliver the same message.

I agree

imagine a trap song without a curse word or nikka

It just wouldn't deliver the same message
some say I make "christian trap" beats okkkkay???
but only christian ryhmes will be on my stuff not just christian in name but in the song lyrics themselves

I feel like this statement should be said by alot of artists as that's what they do the statement below
I'm a christian but hey let me make a song about sex all these women and stacking up cash above all things
yes James I'm biased

this song has neither sir

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
@tone I see where your coming from sir

yeah but you know I biased by my faith
but I do understand ppl will continue to cuss,drink,act a fool but it's normal to them so it's not acting a fool it's just life....

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
yeah but you know I biased by my faith
but I do understand ppl will continue to cuss,drink,act a fool but it's normal to them so it's not acting a fool it's just life....

I think this is wrong

people are always gonna have opposing views and live their life the way they want to and honestly this is thing about Christians that I dont like

If It's not done their way It's just not right at all

you gotta let people live their lives the way they want

your basically calling people fools because they dont agree with you and I dont think Its right

please dont take this post the wrong way sir Its just how I feel

Last edited:
I think this is wrong

people are always gonna have opposing views and live their life the way they want to and honestly this is thing about Christians that I dont

If It's not done their way It's just not right at all

your basically calling people fools because they dont agree with you and I dont think Its right

please dont take this post the wrong way sir Its just how I feel

I feel you but hey I have to stay up for what I believe it right...

you don't think it's right that my view point is that you either follow Christ whole-heartly or not really serving him

see when I was young I was like you do what you want,when you want...
but Christ said if you love me you'll follow my commandments
see alot of folks don't really stay committed to anything...

I love all but I'm going to spread the truth I know..and it WILL RUB others in the wrong way

there is NO way around that...

I will show compassion you can't force ppl to believe like you do...that's what the missionaries of the Catholic Church tried to do when Europeans found "new" land (to them) force ppl to accept Christ or face death,lost of wealth,land

me on the other hand just continue to speak the WORD...ppl don't like to know when they are doing wrong

words have power or rap music would be useless

using the cuss words and saying n*gga is disrespectful to a lot of ppl rather they are Christians,Muslims,Atheists

you don't have kids but when you do

tell me if you continue to believe this statement

when dudes are walking around your small kids
reaking of Weed,cussing,saying the n*gga with every other word out of their mouths

when you have kids you feel the need to protect them ....my kids are 2 and 3
what they hear they repeat.. my son does everything I do
that's why my kids don't go to daycare

tons of kids who parents ride around listening to rap song filled with cuss words and parents who cuss at their kids all the time

these kids in return go to daycare/school and cuss and act crazy because this is the lifestyle they see at home
see black ppl were called wilds animals don't know how to behave and we embrace that like it's cool
socially looked down on...
look at the "blackies" pants hanging down calling each other n*gga,stupid tarbabies...
I racism is under the surface most times and black ppl continue to fall into the stereotypes and now rap makes it seem cool to follow these stereoytpes

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Wow, I'm kind of glad I live in Australia. We get racism and ignorance but it is no where near on this level.

Wow, I'm kind of glad I live in Australia. We get racism and ignorance but it is no where near on this level.

I feel you man. I hate to say It but sometimes I cant stand being in the united states myself

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

when you have kids you feel the need to protect them ....my kids are 2 and 3
what they hear they repeat.. my son does everything I do
that's why my kids don't go to daycare

tons of kids who parents ride around listening to rap song filled with cuss words and parents who cuss at their kids all the time

these kids in return go to daycare/school and cuss and act crazy because this is the lifestyle they see at home

I feel where your coming, If I had kids I would try to set the best example for them

but then again at the same time you cant help what your kids take a liking to, eventually they're gonna do what they wanna do

Last edited:
The Slim Shady LP is probably the best rap album ever made that doesn't feature the word.

I don't think using it necessarily detracts from a song or adds much to it. 95% of the time it's just used as a synonym for "guy" "homie" etc.

I think it's an easy word to use to fill in space in a lyric though. It's like using "baby" in a line. You can use it all the time & people don't think much of it.

This whole thread is just super ignorant to me :/ :4theloveofgod::sigh::topicclosed:

give a me a legit reason why its ignorant sir???

oh dont worry I'll wait :sigh:

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

The Slim Shady LP is probably the best rap album ever made that doesn't feature the word.

I don't think using it necessarily detracts from a song or adds much to it. 95% of the time it's just used as a synonym for "guy" "homie" etc.

I think it's an easy word to use to fill in space in a lyric though. It's like using "baby" in a line. You can use it all the time & people don't think much of it.

good point sir

Back