I Quit. *Rant*

Dot_Robinson

Psalms 37:4
I'm at that point in my life. You know, the point in your life where all that matters is security. The point where everything you held dear as a teen starts to fade in the sea of responsibility, and maturity seaps through your inner-being like water through an Army Core of Engineers built leavy.

If you don't you soon will.

As my twenty-third birthday peaks over the horizon like a new day waiting to be embraced by life's frenetic inhabitants, I realize how much my aspirations have changed in these last 7 years. I went from a battle tested MC, to a great writer and co-producer, but one thing that has never forsaken me is my yearning to create. My hunger for ownership.

I no longer feel the industry, at this point, belongs to me, instead, it's shared by a collective of veterans, maintainers, and 'just-add-water'(s).

Make no mistake, I fear no one, nor does my team. We see no one...period. We are purist who are above and beyond the pond of guppies.

Am I quitting? Yes. Forever? No. To be specific... I am no longer actively seeking success as a producer. My current duties and responsibilities with APT6 will change. I will contribute 100% on the business side exclusively. This not only gives me incentive to focus my time on education, the actual reason or inspiration behind my decision, but to continue realistically with other ventures I have started in months past.

I know this is not the 'typical' rant, but I figure all of us will reach this point in our lives sooner or later. I figured I share mines with the community that cultivated me.

The Bible said it best:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.

Couldn't have said it better...well I probably could...but...

Dreaming is a good thing, but dreaming in itself isn't enough to make those dreams come true. At some point at a young age, we all thought that a "big guy" would discover our talent, and we'll make a hell of a lot money and make hits.

Pursue your dreams, but treat it as your job.

You got to do what is best for you and your loved ones. this is more important than any dream will every be.

But that being said, I'm not one who dreams. even when I sleep. no dreams. if i do, i don't remember them.

But I do have goals and I do have aspirations. I have a strong desire for greatness and to be great. I think this is a result of a strong subconscious fear that I might have. I really believe I suffer from Atychiphobia. And it explains many things about me. It's the fear of failure. I do whatever I can to avoid facing my fear.

Last edited:
The point where everything you held dear as a teen starts to fade in the sea of responsibility, and maturity seaps through your inner-being like water through an Army Core of Engineers built leavy.

As my twenty-third birthday peaks over the horizon like a new day waiting to be embraced by life's frenetic inhabitants, I realize how much my aspirations have changed in these last 7 years.
reading this I couldn't help but think about Bill Walton's tangents when he does NBA games lol

but good luck though

in other words, you are quittin' because you were in it for the money, which you ain't gettin' enuff of?

thas usually the case

tried to pull every coattail they could,thinking that was their ticket and it just didn't workout..

Epic Fail...

your nick is an epic fail

asterix.jpg

in other words, you are quittin' because you were in it for the money, which you ain't gettin' enuff of?

No. The money isn't an issue. Producing music is no longer my desire. Business, in any form, has always been my drive since I was a child. I'm no longer interested in being Diddy (bad analogy), but more so Brain Dunn (Google him).

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Does this mean your the guy who will hire me to mix APT6 records now?

LOL yes, in fact, send me a PM. We're looking for an engineer.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

thas usually the case

tried to pull every coattail they could,thinking that was their ticket and it just didn't workout..

No really. We're on the precibus of something major, but music is still not fulfilling to me. So the opposite.

I kinda feel you, I gave up producing for the most part to engineer a year ago, but I'm already 23 and having to take care of myself since I was a teen is what held me back from doing music more. Its hard to raise a child, hold a full time job, AND make beats and mix songs for no talent local hacks just to get a few extra bucks.

no talent local hacks

lol...

i don't even like working w/ people at all...

too many artists out there will use you, take you for granted, and or short-change you.

my advice for beatmakers?

fly dolo and rap on your own beetz...

shoot your own damn videos too...

:mad: :cry: :)

$.02

People don't understand that plans constantly change...they constantly evolve.

Any plan that's not evolving is dead.

I understand exactly what you're saying. But when I said something similar, people caught feelings, and it got 15,000+ views.

Best of luck to you.

:cheers:

No. The money isn't an issue. Producing music is no longer my desire. Business, in any form, has always been my drive since I was a child. I'm no longer interested in being Diddy (bad analogy), but more so Brain Dunn (Google him).

With a name like Brain how could he fail?

I feel where you're coming from Dot_Robinson, except for the ivory tower "pond of guppies" stuff. It'll be my 23rd birthday on April 8th and I'm at a crossroads career-wise... I will continue to do my music until it's no longer profitable, that's for certain. I just need to find out what I wanna do in the meantime to prepare for when the money dries up.

Good luck man with where ever life takes you. I know I tried to wear many hats myself too and Ive strictly focused on making beats. Sampled mostly. Stopped focusing on the majors and just on getting cash and I want to start an online production company for the same reasons.

Back