I Quit. *Rant*

lol @ the Brain comment. I had a good laugh with that. I agree with some of what you were saying Dot. I have a full time job, am studying so I can move on from my current job to a new and better one, have a girlfriend and I don't get in the studio near as much as I would like to. I will never give up making music but I have never really made it anywhere trying to sell it either.
One thing I have found though is that there is never enough time in the day to achieve everything I would like to. It pushes me to achieve my goals and to concentrate on those things that really matter.

Also lol @ the 10 different DAWs. It makes a huge difference... :D

One thing I have found though is that there is never enough time in the day to achieve everything I would like to. It pushes me to achieve my goals and to concentrate on those things that really matter.
:D

Story of my life. I didn't make a thread, but I had to pull back and regroup.

And people will devote their resources (time, money, influence, etc.) to what they really want.

EXAMPLE:
We have had threads where people expressed frustration over local rapper Lil Murda Boi spending money on shoes and weed, but not on beats. Well, Lil Murda Boi may SAY he cares about his rapping career, but he is devoting his "precious things" to shoes and weed.

Last edited:
Exactly. I have gotten to the point where I have had to turn work down because I dont have time between my normal job and the music gigs I'm getting. When it comes down to it though I don't want to quit because its a consistant check no matter what. Bad month? No problem I still have a check. Get sick? Got insurance to cover that. Oh and sick pay too if I want to call in. Vacation time? Yep, plus it rolls over so I already have a nice amount there.

I love making music but right now I'm still building my worth. Once I get to a level where big names are looking for me I don't think I'll ever quit. The pros far out weight the cons to me. I love doing music and I'd be doing it anyway so I like getting the extra income but I also like the security it is providing me to set stuff up right for my family.

Back