I need advice from REAL MUSIC LOVERS ONLY

bigakizzle

bout ta come fo it bitces
So heres the deal. I got a son that just turned 3 years old the other day. He and I spend a lot of time together, and during the winter months, we spend a lot of time makin music together and listening to music together. He loves music just as much as me and is a natural at hummin back basslines and recognizing song structure.

Well, the other day, we went to this studio to help a friend move some equipment around. The engineer was like listen to some of the new stuff i been recording. Now I want yall to keep in mind that I live in Missoula, Mt now, so not a lotta rap round these parts. So when the engineer put the music on, it was like 2 different songs, one was a country song and the other one was like a pop song.

When the songs come on, my son looks at me and says, I dont like that song daddy. The same thing with the other song. When he said it with the second song, it hit me that he dosent like it cuz we never listen to it. All we listen to is rap, soul, rnb and a lil pop.

So I got to thinkin about how music brings all classes, ages, races etc together. I also got to thinkin about my son's bias towards the music we listen to. As young as he is, though, he can learn to like the other genres. So that is where u guys come in.

I am looking for advice from my real music lovers out there. I am looking for one (1) album from each of the following genres of music that is a. good music and b. music that you can listen to over and over without getting tired of it. I wanna expose my son to it, as well as myself. I figure if i can get into some of it, i can branch out from there on my own.

So I am looking for something in
country
pop
reggae
techno

Any help will be preciated!!! thanks yall

Country - Johnny Cash - The Legend Of Johnny Cash

Reggae - Bob Marley - Legend.

Those 2 albums are essential for any music lover's collection. They are the GOLD STANDARD of those Genre's.

And I guarantee your son will get into the rhythms on the Johnny Cash album!

:cheers:

Troup!!! the dude errbody call an ******* is first yet once again to offer help!!! thanks dawg ima def go cop that johnny today. Think i can get that bob marley from his gma...thanks man

Troup!!! the dude errbody call an ******* is first yet once again to offer help!!! thanks dawg ima def go cop that johnny today. Think i can get that bob marley from his gma...thanks man

F everybody. lol. Gossipping Heaxs.

That Johnny is tight. It's really simple, the same rhythms on every song, but it was his signature. His songwriting and storytelling are great, and they are really nice songs.

and that Marley? whew.

I listen to different stuff but only purchase Hip Hop and R&B. That's just the way it is for me.

Examples of stuff outside my norm that I have liked...

For some reason this country song always stuck with me. Haven't listened to it in a years until right now.
The Highwaymen (Country Super Group - Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson.)

This is just good music.
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Country: Kris Kristofferson's first two albums ("Kristofferson" and "The Silver Tongued Devil and I"), and if you want female artist, Shania Twain's "The Woman In Me" and "Come On Over". Great albums.

Pop: Now this is a tough question, because pop music has been changing over the years. If you want something more of the rock feel (but not too much rock), check English band Spandau Ballet and their two best albums "True" and "Parade". There is also another English band worth checking, Keane. They make piano rock/pop, there is almost no guitar in their songs. Their two best albums are "Hopes And Fears" and "Under The Iron Sea". If you want something with more funk and disco elements, Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" are a must. Next, late 90's/early 2000's (golden age of pop if you ask me). Artists to check: Backstreet Boys (albums "Backstreet's Back" and "Millennium"), 'N Sync ("No Strings Attached" and "Celebrity") and Britney Spears (first two albums, "...Baby One More Time" and "Oops!... I Did It Again"). And finally, something from late 2000's, I recommend Owl City's "Ocean Eyes" and debut album by Selena Gomez and The Scene, called "Kiss & Tell".

Look up the Avett Brothers(country/rock), My Morning Jacket(rock), and Chromeo(pop-funk). Also I highly suggest any of Red Hot Chilli Pepper's catalog particularly their older stuff as a transition band....they're a nice melding of rock/funk so it won't be so jarring for your son.

Sample based producers will have a great appreciation for other types of music because of digging in the crates trying to find that hit! So you may want to drop by that section and ask.

thanks yall for all the suggestions...@hype the producer, funny thing man, i was on nsync back in they hey day and back then, you would get clowned for listenin to em u feel me? but i knew even back then they were talented...forgot about how talented tho till u bought that up...good sh!t man...def gone check for em! @foot red hot cp's i heard of but never got into...will check on em today.

i think this list might be good for you lots of different stuff here funny enough my father introduced me to most of it so .

Mike oldfield - alan parsons - jethro tull - fleetwood mac - radiohead - bjork - tracy chapman - pearl jam - eric clapton - chris rea

reggae- lucky dube - house of exile, any of bob marleys albums, my fav is "confrontation"

polynesdian/island reggae - fiji - all his albumes are tight.. one of the best performers/singers u will hear and see.. his range is crazy..(not to many people know of this genre, but they will soon) ur son will really like this dude...

country/rock- eagles- these guys are just nice all around, some of the old country is real nice like conway twitty, dr. hooks, ask about these guys in MT..

Last edited:
Troup said Bob Marley... I would've NEVER said that. I would've stuck to some shallow shit.... Bob Marley's bar is too phukkin' high... that's all dude had - music... man, he's up there with Hendrix... above MJ in my eye. He didn't need a producer... he was the TOTAL PACKAGE (like Prince)..

^^^^ People don't write that stuff anymore... It's worth the double click. Shit that means something WILL ALWAYS have a place in LIFE.

Listen to that MUSIC THOUGH! LAWD!

Last edited by a moderator:
idk if ur looking for rolling stones but their record, "Exile on Main Street" is a true classic, one of my favs...

also if ur looking for some good punk, im sure any true music fan will agree, the clash's "London Calling" is another one of my favs and an album i consider another classic.

Troup said Bob Marley... I would've NEVER said that. I would've stuck to some shallow shit.... Bob Marley's bar is too phukkin' high... that's all dude had - music... man, he's up there with Hendrix... above MJ in my eye. He didn't need a producer... he was the TOTAL PACKAGE (like Prince)..

^^^^ People don't write that stuff anymore...

U gon have him listening to SHABBA!! lol.

I never figured that out about the last name RANKS. It's like anybody could add RANKS to their name. You had...

Shabba Ranks
Cutty Ranks
Nardo Ranks

And as I'm searching google, there's a bunch of indies with the last name RANKS.

I always wondered what was up with that. It's like a bunch of rappers popping up named 79, 89 and 99 Cents.

U gon have him listening to SHABBA!! lol.

I never figured that out about the last name RANKS. It's like anybody could add RANKS to their name. You had...

Shabba Ranks
Cutty Ranks
Nardo Ranks

And as I'm searching google, there's a bunch of indies with the last name RANKS.

I always wondered what was up with that. It's like a bunch of rappers popping up named 79, 89 and 99 Cents.

I finally got the vid to work....

Nobody wants to talk to me after I watch that VHS TAPE!

Just TOO MUCH Realness in his ish and I don't live or have never been to Jamaica, lol.

I used to bump Third World too... LIVES IN THE BALANCE

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Bassline is CRACK!

Phugg them other genre's... lol... Keep it Trill...

Go all over the place... The Soul Machine is still there...

This...............Even though little man won't understand the words right now, the song will stick with him forever. I guarantee he will like it....try it.

Any of you bastards post this in the Flip this section.......I will kill you!

Last edited:
Back