Hypothetical Question: If This Were 1996 Would We Be Talking About Drake.

Why do people act like Drake isn't this generations version of LL Cool J? Same formula

ummm cause he's not... LL was an innovator and one of the first REALLY successful hip-hop acts... Drake is a re-hashing of Lil Wayne in a mixed race package with a decent singing voice...

Drake's the product of mainstream rap's recent change in style, combined with influences only recent artists could have had (like Wayne)...

So I guess that's like asking if a young Snoop Dogg (from the Chronic days) would survive in today's music "climate" (assuming he kept his early 90's swagga/image/flow)..

In conclusion: Probably not lol

but what do I know...

Co-Sign. Most of the artists from then probably wouldn't be as big if they came out in 09, lol.

Okay, this thread's getting stupid. Really, how many f*cking answers can there be to ONE question?

No, he wouldnt have lasted back in 96, but again, this is a stupid question to begin with. Who cares?

Fu*k no drake couldn't sell in 96. Hes not lyrical enough. He see times where he wants to be lyrical and he tries to be but he just ain't. He has a good flow and he can hold a tune but in 96 rappers that tried to sing got made fun of. Hell Ja Rule got made fun of in 2003 for singing on a record.

drake is very lyrical have you heard his earlier stuff before he blew up such as his "room for improvement" mixtape featuring nicolas f.....pure hip hop..he WAS lyrical until he started messing with wayne then he toned it down and became more simple and punchline driven

Last edited:
ive heard a lot of stuff more so his commerical stuff and i have yet to find a drake song that i love. i like successful kuz trey songz is that dude

All I know is I find it some what suspect I hear more guys on here saying he has a look ladies will go for more than the females in real life.

Okay, this thread's getting stupid. Really, how many f*cking answers can there be to ONE question?

No, he wouldnt have lasted back in 96, but again, this is a stupid question to begin with. Who cares?

Obviously you cared, considering, you responded. Now go play hacky sack with your prepubescent testicles.

Thank you to all those who responded. Your responses will be used in a segment of my new podcast.

Obviously you cared, considering, you responded. Now go play hacky sack with your prepubescent testicles.

Thank you to all those who responded. Your responses will be used in a segment of my new podcast.

Wow, you're making a PODCAST about this topic? seriously?

have fun with that :rolleyes:

...and make sure your imaginary audience hears my initial response :cry:

Wow, you're making a PODCAST about this topic? seriously?

have fun with that :rolleyes:

...and make sure your imaginary audience hears my initial response :cry:

I'll definitely notify your mother asap. That shouldn't be hard considering the scuzzy ***** is part of my core audience. HIYO.

Back