How much does ------ rapper charge for a feature ? Let's create a list

O

OliverPractice

I'm planing ahead a mixtape and getting some semi known rappers on it of coruse would be usefull, so let's try to get a list together and see how much rappers charge for a feature.

I'll update the op with any new info.

Besides name's in the game include anyone with a solid numbers of hits on the internet too, be it youtube views datpiff downloads or twitter followers. So that means known underground rappers too, basicaly anything that can help your mixtape or song to get more success.

So anyone who is remotely interesting and can help generate interest.

I personaly also am interested in the 200 $ - 1000 $ features (or lower then 200$ is interesting too). Example (made up) : some underground rapper who put some effort in and got to 7000 datpiff downloads of his mixtape and overall 50 000 youtube views, charges only 250 $ for a 16. That seems way more apealing then getting somebody totaly random who you can't google and sends you a verse recorded on a 20$ microphone (no offense to the rappers on here who do this ).

Depending on how much I can save up I'd like to get a solid feature for the first video for maybe 2500-3000$ then have another maybe 4-5 features for maybe another 2000 $ overall of artist people heard about but that are not really hot at the moment or they wouldn't be aviable at that price.

And yes feature prices are case sensitive (right term ?) but let's try to get a database for us all to get an quick overview.

I'll start :

I contacted Cassidys whoever takes care of it for him, booking agent or whatever, the link was on his twitter and asked for the price for 1 verse on a lower budget debut mixtape ; 6 k.

I heard Lil wayne does not go under 75000 $

Let's try to mostly get info about affordable features, 99.9999% people won't shell out 75 k for Wayne.

LIST

Cassidy ; 6 000 $
Mistah FAB 500 $
don trip - 2000-2500
bloodraw- 1500
jada- 2000
meek - 15k
juicy j - 15-20k
2 chainz - 15k a lil while ago
waka - 5000
cyhi da prynce - 3000-6000 depending on how many bars
dorrough - 3000
young dolph - 2500
jelly roll - 1500
GuddaGudda - 5 k

I'll update the list with any new info posted. Contribute if you're interested, send out e-mails to people to get numbers usualy you can find the contact info on their twitter under their name, often stated as "for booking ". Or you could find the contact info on their website. Or contact their manager / agent.

Also anyone disputing numbers let us now to so we have correct numbers or more current ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
don trip - 2000-2500
bloodraw- 1500
jada- 2000
meek - 15k
juicy j - 15-20k
2 chainz - 15k a lil while ago
waka - 5000
cyhi da prynce - 3000-6000 depending on how many bars
dorrough - 3000
young dolph - 2500
jelly roll - 1500

are you sure Budden and Crocked ones are still current, sounds like numbers form 3 years ago. They're labum went 2# on the billboard charts, lol 1000 for crocked 1 that would be great.

Also german rapper EKo Fresh stated on his diss track to Joe Budden that he paid him 16 euro (about 28000$) when Budden had his hit "Pump it up", they also shot a video it was a single of Eko's album. I def expect Budden to be cheaper then his name value cause he seems to put out a lot of music so he could break off a verse but 2k does not seem that much.

How recent is the Jadakiss one ? That is an teriffic price for someone that well respected and relevant. If I could get him for 2000 $ when the mixtape is ready and I got the dough I would feel like I bought a new Lambo for 80 000 $.

The JellyRoll one is a good price too, he can rap very decently and has good views on youtube. However I'm a whiteboy myself so I'm lookin for more Afroamerican features to balance it out a bit. But it's a solid price, tough if the numbers are true which I def think are not I'd get the Budden and Crocked one before Jelly.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

just got a reply from GuddaGudda and it's 5 k for 1 verse on a mixtape. Lol more then double then Budden, even tough those Budden numbers might be totaly off.

I guess if you send them a dope track they feel and talk them into it they might do it for lower. Maybe it's just image protection to not spread the word they're cheap to get. I just asked 1 sentence how much for a mixtape feature generaly, not introducing myself or anything.

I think if you can show them that the feature will be dope and worthwhile they might go significantly lower.

my source for the budden verses was his old producer j cardim, this was around last year so yea i imagine the price may have gone up a bit

crooked i is still mad cheap though i think

You guys are way off for 2 chainz..... 100K for a feature

1344552976_Zw32.jpg
Ye told you, A hundred K for a feature - 2 Chainz [I'm Different]

Last edited:
my source for the budden verses was his old producer j cardim, this was around last year so yea i imagine the price may have gone up a bit

crooked i is still mad cheap though i think

You guys are way off for 2 chainz..... 100K for a feature

View attachment 38562
Ye told you, A hundred K for a feature - 2 Chainz [I'm Different]

I just wanted to post YE no more homie features it's 100 000 k. Not to long ago is the time from being a major indie rapper to releasing your huge major debut on one of the biggest lables, goes form 15k - 100 000 $.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

can't edit the op anymore to update. Still post what you know inside the thread, it's usefull.

some of them will do it for free also.. I know that

Go into detail more pls.

I persoanyl if I heard a song with hit potential and I was already famous and that artist didn't have moeny I'd still do the feature.

I can only speak on the rappers I know personally or have worked with before. Mostly Houston rappers

Lil Wyte - $500 a verse, $750 for verse and hook
K-Rino - $400, $200 specials in the summer
Lil Keke, Big Pokey, and most of the Screwed Up Click run about $3k
Z-Ro - $10k
Slim Thug - $10k
Vanilla Ice - A number 1 from McDonalds and a gram of white girl (this one I'm just guessing)

forgot to ad souljaboy ; - 2000 ( he pays you to get on his track)

I can only speak on the rappers I know personally or have worked with before. Mostly Houston rappers

Lil Wyte - $500 a verse, $750 for verse and hook
K-Rino - $400, $200 specials in the summer
Lil Keke, Big Pokey, and most of the Screwed Up Click run about $3k
Z-Ro - $10k
Slim Thug - $10k
Vanilla Ice - A number 1 from McDonalds and a gram of white girl (this one I'm just guessing)

I know you were joking
but
Vanilla Ice is making dough fixing up old Mansions
and he did keep good care of his money (whatever) was left after being sued
and had a couple of more hits in his movies and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Live Action Movie
yeah I'm old yall

-Coach Antonio

Back