How Much Do BIG Producers Make Per Track???

C

CableDavis02

I was just wondering how much the mainstreem producers( kanye, neptunes, just blaze, primo, lil' jon) make per track. I've always heard different numbers but I never really knew how much they got. Especially Lil' Jon, because it seems like he does every crunk song out, but I'm thinkin he can't really get as much as say the neptunes or someone, because a lot of the people he's producing aren't backed by their labels as much as an industry artist. Let me know what's up!!!!!!!

irv gotti 250k
swizz beatz 250k
dre 250k
timbaland 500k (shondrae said this for the song he did for lil kim-the jump off)
neptunes 500k (when they did slave for britney spears)
kanye west 50k around october last year

Show Dawg said:
irv gotti 250k
swizz beatz 250k
dre 250k
timbaland 500k (shondrae said this for the song he did for lil kim-the jump off)
neptunes 500k (when they did slave for britney spears)
kanye west 50k around october last year

500K for timbo or the neptunes per track?? That's a little bit too high for a single track. They better have 3 or 4 hot cuts up in that album.

Neptunes 100 G's
Timbo 150 G's
DRE 90-100 G's
Swizz beatz 80-120 depending on how hot it is is what he said

taar44 said:

500K for timbo or the neptunes per track?? That's a little bit too high for a single track. They better have 3 or 4 hot cuts up in that album.

yes per track and besides you have to look at the budgets for the album i was surprised to hear lil kim paid that much, britney spears thats understandable because pop music tends to have larger budgets therefor producers can charge more.

"Neptunes 100 G's
Timbo 150 G's
DRE 90-100 G's
Swizz beatz 80-120 depending on how hot it is is what he said"

have to disagree with you on those tim was charging around 150k back in '99 i got the article to prove that..dre even bragged on songs bout charging 250k..it was that one song on the wash soundtrack that sounded like ah hell i forgot. swizz beatz mentioned in an xxl article i believe it was the march 2002 issue he said after getting hot he started to charge 100-120k but for that time march 2002 he was charging 250k.

I remember seeing a special on making 50 cent's 'get rich or die tryin' album and he was talking about how dre has some beats he will let go for alot cheaper than others and then he has some that he was like "these here are your hit singles, they gonna cost you alot more tho" i dont remember the numbers but it was alot.

one

You can do it by payment up front or you can do it by royalty points. Preferably if you are working with a big artist you wanna do it that way. But alot of upcoming producers charge a Down payment and points. Only Tim Neptunes and others named get the high dps and points.

Show Dawg said:

yes per track and besides you have to look at the budgets for the album i was surprised to hear lil kim paid that much, britney spears thats understandable because pop music tends to have larger budgets therefor producers can charge more.

"Neptunes 100 G's
Timbo 150 G's
DRE 90-100 G's
Swizz beatz 80-120 depending on how hot it is is what he said"

have to disagree with you on those tim was charging around 150k back in '99 i got the article to prove that..dre even bragged on songs bout charging 250k..it was that one song on the wash soundtrack that sounded like ah hell i forgot. swizz beatz mentioned in an xxl article i believe it was the march 2002 issue he said after getting hot he started to charge 100-120k but for that time march 2002 he was charging 250k.

You have to remember that these guys do a lot of boasting and truth padding as well. I still think for 500K, Tim and the Neptunes better have 4 or 5 tracks on the album and half of them better be serious heaters.

taar44 said:

I still think for 500K, Tim and the Neptunes better have 4 or 5 tracks on the album and half of them better be serious heaters.

co-sign

for that much ......... bich betta put that heat way up like the landlord

I know Kanye charges 90gees and I believe Dre charges 250gees.

I think half these numbers are bull**** what I heard about Primo charging 25,000 to 50,000 per beat to people that aren't his affliates seems about right.

Peace

We got like 2 or 3 different accounts of what timbo and these others make. Honestly man, if you say how much somebody makes, why not state your source? This ain't a subjective matter. I'd like to know what these guys make too, but I ain't believing or posting info that's come through the grapevine.

I actually read my thing in a guru/primo interview. Ill look for the source and try to find a link. This was awhile back though.

Peace

kanye 40g's he said it in a rap. unless you the roc family. he said he charges them less. or lil kim or trina or foxy hell do them for free, but they gotta send head shots 1st. im just quoting him.

dre 80g's
timbo 100g's
neptunes 100-200g's
just blaze 60g's
swizz beats 80-120g's

but on the real they willing to work with your budget, but you gotta have a reasonable budget. but those above are on an average though. i know this because a local label here in the "D" has national distribution thru koch and my boy is gonna drop this year. his name is mvp and his labelmate dropped in 03. i cant remember all of the producers on their, but i remember d. dot was a producer and twista, bone crucher, baby, slim form 112, and big herk(the hottest nigga comin from the "D") were featured on there.

user name: none said:
but on the real they willing to work with your budget, but you gotta have a reasonable budget. [/B]

i think you are the closest with that statment, and i really dont think too many get over 100g's n e way per beat, a hit single probably goes for that much, but not just any track off the album

in contrast, does anyone know what the smaller, (but still well respected) producers get paid per beat. people who dont really do mainstream stuff, like hi tek, amp live, jazzy jeff and his peeps, dan the automator, etc, etc.
???
before anyone jumps on me what i mean by smaller is not as huge as the neptunes or dre or the others.

chazzo said:
Neptunes 100 G's
Timbo 150 G's
DRE 90-100 G's
Swizz beatz 80-120 depending on how hot it is is what he said

I can assure you Dre is a lot more expensive than 100 G's.

Where are yall getting this half a million figure from? I think the most anybody has charged is like 350 and its dre.

Back