How Much Do BIG Producers Make Per Track???

half a mill is a sh*t load of money, will he be getting points as well?

are you just amking these numbers up? Somebody call them and ask.
:P

To see if these numbers make sense, do the math. A record company is out to make money. So they will alot only a portion of money out for an albulm, then some for promotion, oh and you can't forget about packaging and distribution. Most rappers don't go above gold.... do the math. What would you spend on an artist and still look to see a profit from? Check some of the artist that have had those producers on their albulm and check the sales and see what is reasonable for them to spend per track.

Let me answer this...

Dre -- 250k.
Neps -- 250k.
Timbo -- 500k.

Now, bare in mind that all of these prices are for IN STUDIO APPEARANCES for these producers. That's if you want them in the studio coaching the session. If u just wanna buy a beat, the price drops.

Now. That doesn't say whether those prices include any points on the back end. Price (which is an advance) is inversely proportional to Points.

-for you who didn't pay attention in math, that means as one goes up, the other one goes down-

Typical points on an album for a producer (talking sole producer) is about 3. And that's for a star producer. For entry level they can range from 0-1.5. Again, remembering that points and advance payment are inversely proportional.

For those of you who said half a mill is alot of money. Think about it... A number 1 single can generate MILLIONS of dollars over it's life span. Paying half a mil for a certified hit ain't that much, when u look at the return on that investment.

Y'all really need to pick up a book. But then again, 99% of y'all ain't serious about music anyway, so i guess it don't matter.

Last edited:
cappachino said:
kanye should charge more. OVERNIGHT CELEBRITY WAS FIRE!!!

Actually I ghost produced that track for Kanye...

N*gga only gave me 10g'z and a Blue and black Polo sweater, cheap azz. :mad:

But hey, thats how it is in the industry, we shady like that.

Back