How do you sample with a straight face?

I've made some tracks sometimes and my folks will be like, is that a sample. I say hell naw, every instrument, is played by me. For me, I have sampled since about '92, when I was rappin with my homies from the block. But I think a sample can be flipped so good, you can tell. Then I have seen this with the younger generation, like my son, who is 18 now, who don't know groups like, Lakeside, Bloodstones, One Way. If I chopped it real good, he would think it was something new or original.

Man, you were supposed to cuss and hurl insults. You must be grown or something.

Welcome to FP.

What straight man uses emoticons?

... smh.

That's real Frank Ocean-like

There you go again insulting people. Then when you're criticized for not acting your age, you use the excuse "I was only playing." Frank Ocean admitted he was gay and the kid in you decides to even criticize that.

There you go again insulting people. Then when you're criticized for not acting your age, you use the excuse "I was only playing." Frank Ocean admitted he was gay and the kid in you decides to even criticize that.

I like to joke and have fun in real life too. No need to act like I have a stick up my @$$ on the internet.

I'm serious when I need to be... and that's not here. This where I pop up when I don't feel like being serious at all.

To me... it's still a web forum, I'm not sure what it is to you.

I mean I never take anything you say seriously... (shrug).

You don't know anything about me Benji, you just think you do.

Last edited:
I like to joke and have fun in real life too. No need to act like I have a stick up my @$$ on the internet.

I'm serious when I need to be... and that's not here. This where I pop up when I don't feel like being serious at all.

To me... it's still a web forum, I'm not sure what it is to you.

I mean I never take anything you say seriously... (shrug).

You don't know anything about me Benji, you just think you do.

That's a cop out Rome(lol) Even if what you say is true, the Frank Ocean comment is very childish. A 40 year old man making fun of someone's sexuality for a laugh.

That's a cop out Rome(lol) Even if what you say is true, the Frank Ocean comment is very childish. A 40 year old man making fun of someone's sexuality for a laugh.

So...

A 25 year old internet man-stalker is a lot worse imo ...

Don't follow me on FP, follow me on Twitter if you're into following people.

Oh, ... a lot of respected preachers and the like to "make fun of" people like Frank Lotion... political correctness has taught everybody to not say what they feel like saying... well, I never bought into being politically correct.

Last edited:
So...

A 25 year old internet man-stalker is a lot worse imo ...

Don't follow me on FP, follow me on Twitter if you into following people.

Oh, ... a lot of respected preachers and the like to "make fun of" people like Frank Lotion... political correctness has taught everybody to not say what they feel like saying... well, I never bought into being politically correct.

So are the people who disagree with you in your other 40,000 posts stalkers too? Dont flatter yourself. Future Producers used to have very interesting topics years ago when I was just a guest and time and time again when I'd visit the site, I'd see you all over the threads doing your thing arguing, insulting then making peace and saying " I was just kidding". It's a pattern. It's not me stalking you(lol).

It's not me stalking you(lol).

You stalk a few people on here.

What business is it of yours what I do on FP?

Why do you care about how I act or how old I am, shouldn't your life be more interesting than that?

I'm young at heart Benji, I don't pretend to be Bill Cosby because I'm older than other people. I post more real life experience grown man ish on here than you ever could. I like stand up comedy, sit coms, and raunchy radio shows/podcasts. Shoot me.

Ask the people that know me in real life what kind of "man" I am. You'd write me in as a Presidential candidate.

I'm not playing about the Frank Ocean comment. I think emoticons are "happy"... if you know what I mean. Can I think that or do I need your approval?

I guess comments about Frank Lotion are taboo... lol. Yeah, right.

Last edited:

comedians do it all the time even gay comedians make fun themselves

but hey black ppl called each other the N-Word too
I wonder why we didn't choose Jungle Bunny as the go to word to call each other

and you see gay guys wearing women's boots and wearing makeup
I bet this guy would put a heart over his "i"s
I don't hate on gay ppl but there is truth to this
and there are different factions of gay guys I guess you would call it
those who act like a women(going over board doing women looks/actions)
and those they are just like regular dudes
the video below shows how I feel
wtf-fail-beautification-gay-guy_13140112724.jpg

Moses’ mountaintop: hip hop, deliverance and homosexuality | Gay Christian Movement Watch

So are the people who disagree with you in your other 40,000 posts stalkers too? Dont flatter yourself. Future Producers used to have very interesting topics years ago when I was just a guest and time and time again when I'd visit the site, I'd see you all over the threads doing your thing arguing, insulting then making peace and saying " I was just kidding". It's a pattern. It's not me stalking you(lol).

sir don't come to the gossip section
I don't know if you go to the other sections of FP
I just never saw you post any where but here
branch out sir....

Yo son let me see you flip a sample beyond recognition and make it sound fresh. Better yet let me see you turn a smooth jazz sample into a rock song. How about you make a chillwave beat out of industrial samples. Did you record all your drums manually, because drum kits are drum samples. All art is derivative.

Did you record all your drums manually, because drum kits are drum samples. All art is derivative.

I thought Public Enemy won a law suit that said you can't copyright drum patterns and all that.

---------- Post added 11-06-2012 at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-25-2012 at 09:06 AM ----------

Now this flat out azz cheating...

Eventhough, I think it's a great idea... (and I'm messing with it right now, lol)

Melodo - Get Inspired!

You download the VST
You sign up to be a member
You play some shit on your midi controller
You make it available to all the other members
They do the same

So you pretty much just rip midi files right out of the vst and slap an instrument on the the midi... and build around that...

No sampling, just people sharing midi "phrases" for free...

When you load it - click on somebody's face on the right - all of the midi sequences they contributed will show up.

This is great news for the people that can't play worth shit - like me. A bunch of people that can are on there showing off... yay...

Oh, heres a vid... music is too easy now....

Last edited:
I mean... smh...

How do you put something up online and have people saying it's tight when you know all you did was sift through records, chop out something and add drums...

... that used to fly before there was no affordable equipment but now... it don't fly.

WAR Lord Finesse

(leaves...)
musically speaking its lame to me but if your in the music making business it will help your business , plus most artists couldnt care any less about originality.

Last edited:
I mean... smh...

How do you put something up online and have people saying it's tight when you know all you did was sift through records, chop out something and add drums...

... that used to fly before there was no affordable equipment but now... it don't fly.

WAR Lord Finesse

(leaves...)

How can someone say that with a straight face. Sampling is just Hip-Hop DNA. Sure, it was out of necessity that the original producers sampled tracks but they found there was a whole other level of creativity that can be reached if you apply yourself. I read through this entire thread and it seems for the most part that the people saying sampling is lame or untalented are the ones with the flat out wackest beats lol. Maybe you should try to get some inspiration from Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Oddisee, Apollo Brown or another 50 or so great producers who sample.

Since I've been selling beats on the net, the only people that i see making any money are producers that mainly make original beats.

people on here the mainly sample dont have the talent to make original beats thats why you sample. be honest with yourself, if you can make beats like this, you would want to keep- getting better at making original beats.

Last edited:
I d love to be able to play the keys at advanced level and respect all who put in the time to learn how to do it.

Problem I find is that the vast majority of the beatmakers who make "original" beats make corny tracks, laced with cheese like the one above.
If you happy with the music you make why do you care how others do it? judge the music not the process.

and if you decide to make only original beats just so you can make money... you already traded your creativity, and most likely will make less money then your average 9-5.

Also another thing I dont like is when the beat says "Kanye type" or "Lex luger type"... No its just a cheap knock off for 10$. One can argue that those people have no taste/skill/talent of their own to make beats which define their style so they jack someone else style/sound.

I d love to be able to play the keys at advanced level and respect all who put in the time to learn how to do it.

Problem I find is that the vast majority of the beatmakers who make "original" beats make corny tracks, laced with cheese like the one above.
If you happy with the music you make why do you care how others do it? judge the music not the process.

and if you decide to make only original beats just so you can make money... you already traded your creativity, and most likely will make less money then your average 9-5.

Also another thing I dont like is when the beat says "Kanye type" or "Lex luger type"... No its just a cheap knock off for 10$. One can argue that those people have no taste/skill/talent of their own to make beats which define their style so they jack someone else style/sound.
your track in your sig sound cheezy and you didnt even make it. you dont even got any intergrity to say where you got the sample from because its a fake bootleg in which you wont be able to fully capitalize from because its not yours. your a theif.
you dont have the copyright to that beat.
your a fruad.
a person how makes original shit is capitalizing on there talent not someones else.
your so damn ignorant to say someones trading creativity. you have no ideal what creativity is you steal other people creativity.

Last edited:
It's like eating at a 5 star restaurant. Putting your leftovers in a doggy bag and then serving it to someone else after putting salt and ketchup on it and saying you cooked it. Some will believe you and like it, but some in the know won't.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Last edited:
Back