Hit Songwriter Rico Love Advice on Music Biz "You should quit now" (Vid)

That's whats up..this shyt aint for the weak.If you wanna quit cause you been makin beats/tracks for a couple years n think you should be rich by now this aint for you..You gotta put in dedicated work for as long as it takes and once you "get on" you gotta work even harder 2 stay on..The music industry is one of the toughest to get into..you literally have to put your life on the line are you willing to work ten,twenty years to get your foot in the door?
Check yo self

Just whats wrong with the world.....smh dude came off super arrogant ,that "I made it all by myself why haven't you" hogwash that these well off people continue to cough up ,get the hell out of here with that garbage ,even some of the most talented had doubts ,its easy to talk that nonsense when everything is going good for you but circumstances have a way of humbling you ,and watch 90% of fp agree with him because he is in the industry.....smh

That's what I be trying to tell people all the time.

I'm on my 7th year....and I'm going HARDER than I was in my first year.

You gotta put in work...you gotta grind, you gotta HUSTLE.

Just whats wrong with the world.....smh dude came off super arrogant ,that "I made it all by myself why haven't you" hogwash that these well off people continue to cough up ,get the hell out of here with that garbage ,even some of the most talented had doubts ,its easy to talk that nonsense when everything is going good for you but circumstances have a way of humbling you ,and watch 90% of fp agree with him because he is in the industry.....smh

I think part of what dude said was geared at inspiring people. Tough love stuff. He's right though. Everybody wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die.

Good video, very good message.

But I've already established that to me personally, being in 'the industry' isn't something I value highly, not enough for me to go through all the bullshit anyway. For me, I'd rather make music and enjoy the process of putting out music on my own time than play games with labels until things work out.

That's why I'm setting up my own label here, and its funny because I actually find I develop the type of mentality he has - setting up this label it doesn't feel like work because its MINE. Whereas chasing placements and shit starts to feel like WORK rather than something I do out of pure passion like this label I'm working on..

I have a funny feeling this label venture will end up working more in my favour than just making beats and tryna score placements. Plus its so much more fun :).

Last edited:
That's the spirit though. Right there.

I flushed my 20s down the drain over music... but I'm addicted to this. F* the industry, this is LIFE we're talking about. Music is everywhere, and so are the opportunities. That's why my music and my life can coexist, because I know that in production, the options are endless... I'd be happy even DJing down the line, or whatever, but music is music and that'll never die...

If you're a practitioner in music JUST to get "somewhere" in life, all the wrong reasons... there's lots easier ways to do that... you better love what you do.

This goes for everything not just music. If you want to quit then you obviously don't have the heart for whatever it is you're doing. I need to send this vid to some ppl.

'Nobody gives a shit about ur talent'. So true. Everyone second person is talented, the ones who are successful are the ones who are passionate and work hard to acheive their goals.

He's speaking the truth in this video. It's not just with music, its with anything you're pursuing in life. If you feel like you want to quit, then quit. I said those same exact words to a running back I played with on my HS football team after we had a bad loss. End of story, he ended up quitting and we finished off the season strong without him. Dude was at every game though and felt like an ass after the season was over. Had a similar experience when pledging a frat in college too.

Back