HipHopDX: "Does Scarface (Movie) Suck?" (Question's Street Cred)

If it's an argument of 'street cred' or 'authenticity' then I'm opting out of this debate. Street cred is the most retarded **** ever.

If someone says Scarface sucks their eyes need to be scraped out of their sockets. Greatest movie ever behind The Godfather. Period.

One thing I hate. One thing I hate...

When "thugs" think they are cool because they have Scarface in their movie collection.

Dudes be having Scarface bed sheets with matching pillow cases.

Great movie though.

Art doesn't have to be true!

Can you imagine a ignorant rapper going back to Picasso like "MAN THIS SHYT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THAT... THOSE COLORS ARE WRONG YOU PICASSO ROSS LOOKIN MO FO".

Dot_Robinson said:
Thank You!!!

Finally someone believes The Godfather is better than Scarface.

co-sign

scarface is def top 5 movies of all time imo though

good blog though

Jordan Cormier said:
If someone says Scarface sucks their eyes need to be scraped out of their sockets. Greatest movie ever behind The Godfather. Period.
the article doesn't say "Scarface Sucks." it's just posing the question that because Oliver Stone wrote the movie but never lived it, and Al Pacino acted in it and never lived it, and every other person involved with the movie never lived it, does it mean the movie sucks?

than it goes on to use Nas as an example... who cares if he never lived it, he's given us some of the best verses of all time.

Dot_Robinson said:
Thank You!!!

Finally someone believes The Godfather is better than Scarface.

yea, plus 323,000 other people that bothered to vote it #2 on imdb (used to be #1) and Godfather Part II is #3.

i think part I is the better movie in a technical sense, but i enjoy part II more because of the DeNiro storyline! i love movies in turn-of-the-20th-century NYC!

Scarface is #172!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarface is dope, The God Father is too...

yall need to watch that documentary Cocaine Cowboys, that shyt is illy too!

Scarface isnt that good....

but on the Nas tip....

I think alot of people that embrace Hip Hop culture and music have lost to of what is really important when it comes to the MC. I think that the MC top priority should be spitting ill rhymes in a way that those that live the lifestyle can understand and relate to. But when an artist starts making up stuff to appeal to a larger base (ie white kids in Omaha) the message usually is generalization of the most exciting bits (to outsiders, that is) of living in a poor neighborhood. Nas didnt make crime seem cool, he just explained how things were happening for those in that situation. Other rappers today try tell lies about being a boss or a kingpin to appeal the danger loving, bored middle class suburbanites that need thrills to fill out their pretty bland existance....

just my two cents....

and Scarface isnt that good...

The greatest "Gangster" flicks of all-time:

1) The Godfather II (This is easily the best movie of all-time).

2) The Godfather I

3) Scarface

4) Boyz N The Hood

5) ...open for debate.

They're Top 5 mob/gangsta movies no questions asked, but not even in my Top 10 movies at all, way too many great movies out there and some great & very thought provoking for me to put something I see everyday on a pedestal though.......

But the street cred part of this whole thing is stupid, its a movie, a story told by "motion pictures"........

I guess Michael Bay is fake cuz he's never been in a real car chase.......

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
They're Top 5 mob/gangsta movies no questions asked, but not even in my Top 10 movies at all, way too many great movies out there and some great & very thought provoking for me to put something I see everyday on a pedestal though.......

But the street cred part of this whole thing is stupid, its a movie, a story told by "motion pictures"........

I guess Michael Bay is fake cuz he's never been in a real car chase.......

Well a lot of critics believe The Godfather II to be the greatest movie of all-time.

Micheal Bay is easily my favorite director of all-time. I can't wait to see what he does with Friday The 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street.

And a lot of critics consider the entire Godfather series a snoozefest which I disaggre on completely. but thats the reason I'm glad everyone has their own opinions. Most critics think Star Wars is the greatest movie series ever made and I just can't get into it and I tried, lol.........

But this whole "You have to live it to write it, rap it or film it" is just nonsense, if the next man can tell my story better then me so be it........

Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are fake because they never really been in between a war of giant alien robots from outer space...

Besides, I can't stand when people say any of the Godfather movies are the best, but they never even seen it. They figure "my favorite rapper, and everyone else says its a great movie... they must be right". lol

I have to agree. I remember that movie.

I also remember seeing WSS in THE 101.

I fell asleep watching the first Godfather and never bothered watching the others.

Scarface bored me too. I couldn't finish it. I'm not being sarcastic. I seriously can't stand drama's. F*cking snooze fests.

X-Men Trilogy, Terminator 2 and most comedies > The Godfather

Back